RC Champion

Question Do 2nd and 3rd channel need relays?

Hi, everyone! I heard a while back (before Traxxas made the 2.4GHZ systems) that with the TQ-3 radio you would need to get a relay to get the 3rd channel to turn your(i.e) lights on/off. Do the 2.4GHZ systems need a relay to do this? I imagine they don't because of thh Summit, but just checking. Thanks

RC Champion
    Anybody???

RC Competitor
    I think you would need a relay if you wanted to turn your lights on and off from the controller. Although my summit has lights, they are always on (not controlled from the remote).

RC Turnbuckle Jr. NStampede Freak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Z
    Hi, everyone! I heard a while back (before Traxxas made the 2.4GHZ systems) that with the TQ-3 radio you would need to get a relay to get the 3rd channel to turn your(i.e) lights on/off. Do the 2.4GHZ systems need a relay to do this? I imagine they don't because of thh Summit, but just checking. Thanks
    You will need a radio controlled switch if you want to turn something on and off with your radio.There are several of them on the market.

The new ones are the same. The summit just has lights that are wired into the radio system power and are on when the radio is on.
    N Stampede 2.5R
    E Stampede VXL
    Tmaxx 2.5

RC Champion
    Ok, then thanks...

RC Champion
    How does the Summit change gears? I know it's has the servos and all that, but does it come with a relay or something? If so, can I get one that would origianly go on the Summit?