RC Champion

A great restoration

MODS PLEASE KEEP THREAD IN TRX ALLEY. NITRO FOURM IS SLOW, AND NOT MUCH PEOPLE WILL SEE.
    hey guys. you may kno from my last post here that I found a " mystery engine" which ended up beeing a traxxas image .12 engine, that originaly came out with the Nitro Vee.Well, I have found another boat, exactly the same but with it looks like a plastic drive cup, (or metal, I dont know.) A pro .15 trx engine, (Run great!!) and e-z start from its era. So far, I have wet sanded the whole engine hull on the red nitro vee, which had some physical, and cosmetic damage. I have repaired the red nitro hull, and is yet to be wet sanded again after the repairs. When my dad found this boat in the trash, ( a sanitation engineer, or garbage truck driver, lol.) it had the old stick radio, which to my suprise still worked. It came oddly with futaba servos and futaba am 75 htz reciver, but had a traxxas blue crystal in it. the red had metal drive cup, and a octura x440 prop which seams only partly trimed.The other from my lhs, had everything stock. I have my uncle, which is building custom airplanes and is very good with mechanincs, fixing things, etc. and has asked to repair the bad cracked hull with fiberglass. I will probobly eventually get him to do that so I can put an electric brushless motor in it. Back to the red nitro vee, All this boat needed was some tlc,then I will be able to run besides my dad and his huge proboat shockwave 55 lol. ok here are the pics. THis guy did a really bad job with the paint, so he just sprayed over everything eithout removing, or covering anything.

Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-24-2010 at 05:41 PM.
    if you want me to i can break your truck for free!

RC Champion

more pics are here.

RC Champion

Original pics, boat pic was before sanding
    and if anybody was wondering, the black markes and such is the apoxy I used to fix the cracks and small damage etc. on side hull was for fixing the lines from the sticker being taken off.
    Last edited by thecoolman101; 01-23-2010 at 08:46 PM.

RC Champion
    And i have one question, is the metal drive cup from the red nitro vee original or aftermarket?

RC Champion
    Wow, you weren't kidding about it being bad!

RC Champion
    yep!!! lol it was

RC Champion
    ok, ill get the pics up of painting once uploaded to photobucket. so far we have the bottom hull painted and we are gonna get some masks so we can but some design into it. the paint scheme is yellow and purple. have any ideas of a name besides bumblebee?

RC Champion
    here is the hull painted:

"PLEASE READ THESE IMPORTANT RULES FOR THIS FORUM
    ...(5) Don't post anything in a topic where it doesn't belong. We'll just move it...
    from HERE.

RC Champion
    Ugh sry ksb but I'm mad about this nbody ever looks at this forum that's why I put it in the alley why do u have tO do that I meN nothing to u but do u have to do thatwhen I respecivly asked you to keep it in the alley now nobody will see all the effort I put into this thanks alot buddy

RC poster
    Well, I'll see it. Remember that RC boating is a tiny segment of the hobby compared to cars, trucks, and planes. There are a few of us nuts enough to want to have to swim every once in a while. lol

Keep the pics coming. I'm about to make some big changes with my Nitro Vee and I'm curious what your's is going to come out like.

Quote Originally Posted by thecoolman101
    Ugh sry ksb but I'm mad about this nbody ever looks at this forum that's why I put it in the alley why do u have tO do that I meN nothing to u but do u have to do thatwhen I respecivly asked you to keep it in the alley now nobody will see all the effort I put into this thanks alot buddy
    The thread was moved according to the Rules I posted above. If you have a problem with that, see:
    Complaining about the Rules. The rules are there for a reason. If you do not like them it is probably because you have broken a few and have been warned. All we want is for you to follow the rules and have fun on the board. Complaining that your post was deleted or that you were warned will not improve your situation and will only serve to attract more unwanted attention. (Warning points: 1)
    from HERE.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-25-2010 at 01:27 PM.

RC Champion
    ok since i read that... lol Im sorry for blowing up on you, but then who did move the thread?

It really doesn't matter. What is important is that it is in the correct forum now.
    As corroboration to the above, see:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alley guidelines
    There seems to have been some confusion lately about whether or not RC-related threads are fit for the Alley. When possible, post things related to Traxxas RCs in their respective subforums. It's fine to post them here if they're sufficiently non-tech-related and don't fit into an existing thread in that model's subforum (i.e., "Would a Jato or Revo be better for my goals?"), but double-check first! However, other manufacturers' products remain excluded.
    from HERE. The emphasis was added by me.

Now OT: the yellow is MUCH better than that red was.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-25-2010 at 11:23 PM.

RC Champion
    lol yea it is now were gonna pinstripe it becase we got a friend that can, mask to put on so the center sticker that was removed, (was painted over) was peeled off so Im gonna use that design to mask it off to pake that inpresion again

RC Qualifier
    wow! very nice! any insight on how to repair these hulls? its been about 3 years since ive worked on mine, but i kept the cracked hull around just in case i couldnt find a replacement.

i need help finding out where the cracks are. is there any good way of doing that? or should i just coat the whole hull in epoxy and sand it down...
    *Signature Pending*

RC Qualifier
    heres my vee if you would like to see =) this was 3 years ago however.

http://monster.traxxas.com/showpost....5&postcount=11
    *Signature Pending*

I like that yellow. Glad to see you keeping a Nitro Vee alive. I've got one that is completely stock, and looking to run it this summer. I figure I'll change a little at a time and see how each change affects it, and how much.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

RC Champion
    ok guys, im gonna get some pics of it now as it is now finished. another cool thing. is that my dads friend (also garbage man, lol) found ANOTHER nitro vee.so i have fixed it up ( engine was seized but everything wlse was good) so the hull, servos, the gas tank,(new version) and the batter wires were snipped off.so i got a 5 cell rechargeable batt for it and is running 20 % nitro. also it has a pull starter as the one i have has ez start (first gen) and aslo, i have come to find my nitro vee isd the first one t ocome into production i will post pictures tomarrow.

RC Champion
    @ POWER freak,try taking all the parts offthen sinking it, and then quickly taking it out of the water and look for any leaks from the hull.

RC Champion
    hey guys,
    sorry for the delay. i have the pics now uploaded to photo bucket and will get the pics on shortly.
    Also, my dads friend has found yet another nito vee in the trash. much better shape, ill say. new style tank, and a pro .15 engine only probs is that the guy before sank it and never cleaned the engine so it was all rusted on the iside. i used some areo kroil to freee it up now it runs like a bueaty. i will also shortly have a video on youtube about that, and the pics in a minute or two.
    happy boating!!!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by powerfreak
    heres my vee if you would like to see =) this was 3 years ago however.

http://monster.traxxas.com/showpost....5&postcount=11

familiar?

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/x...08/revo025.jpg

my e-vee
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-11-2010 at 10:41 PM.

RC Champion
    lol suprised i havent posted on this in a while.oh, my nitro vee is finally finished. (ive had it finished, i just havent posted it on here) here is a little video of it showing the pics and the ez-start running.

here you go!! enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De6yQNUY8yc