RC Racer

No brakes help please

Have no idea what to do ! I'm running the Velineion 3500 Brushless Motor along
    with the VXL-3S ESC. I have that set up correct because when I test it shows I have 100% brake. Oh Ya using a Spektrum DX 2.0 and Spektrum receiver. Everything is binding and works except NO BRAKES. When I push the transmitter forward it immediately goes into reserve with out stopping the wheels from going forward. THIS HAS ME GOING CRAZY Not to mention hitting way to many walls.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comish View Post
    When I push the transmitter forward it immediately goes into reserve with out stopping the wheels from going forward. THIS HAS ME GOING CRAZY Not to mention hitting way to many walls.
    You have to reverse the throtle channel.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    You have to reverse the throtle channel.
    I'm a bit confused. The way I have set up now is when I pull back on the throttle it makes the truck go forward and to apply the brakes that don't work or make the truck go in reserve I push the trigger forward. Isn't this the way it's suppose to work?
    Thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm a bit confused. The way I have set up now is when I pull back on the throttle it makes the truck go forward and to apply the brakes that don't work or make the truck go in reserve I push the trigger forward. Isn't this the way it's suppose to work?
    Thanks
    yes, that's the way it work I thought it was into reverse when pulled back the throtle, also do you have the esc in race mode? (is doesn't have any brakes in that mode)

RC Racer
    I have the ESC in sport mode that is suppose to have 100% throttle, brake and reverse. I've reset the ESC at least half a dozen times just to make sure I'm in the correct setting. I don't know if rebinding the Spektrum transmitter to the receiver again will help anything or not.

RC Champion
    If you change the ESC into race mode do you get brakes ?

Have you set your thottle / brake travel (EPA's) at 100% prior to calibrating the ESC to the transmitter ?

Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

RC poster
    You want to make sure the ESC is in sport mode, race mode has no reverse just breaks. If you have it in sport mode and are going slow the ESC thinks its ok to just go in reverse, breaks only work at higher speeds.

RC Racer
    Will try the above from Crusey & Pichner this evening when I get home from work and let you guys know. Thanks for the help.

RC poster
    Good luck, these things can be frustrating for sure!

RC Racer
    Ok Pichner was correct I always had brakes just every time I tired I guess I wasn't going fast enough for them to work. I tried in race mode and had total brake THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOU HELP.

RC Competitor
    now i am confused, i have brakes at slower speeds. lost them one time cause my slipper went bad

RC poster
    Ok Pichner was correct I always had brakes just every time I tired I guess I wasn't going fast enough for them to work. I tried in race mode and had total brake THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOU HELP.
    It seems goofy that the breaking thing does not work at low speed but best I can tell ESC does not get a message from the motor unless its running at a specific minimum RPM, glad to clear things up even if its still a bit muddy

RC poster

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by pichner View Post
    You want to make sure the ESC is in sport mode, race mode has no reverse just breaks. If you have it in sport mode and are going slow the ESC thinks its ok to just go in reverse, breaks only work at higher speeds.
    I have put it to sport mode, doesnt have brakes at All at high speed. Set it to race mode, had brakes but until a distance of 10 meters! Have had the car for a year without problems until rescently! I just dont understand! (have re-calibrated the esc, transmitter and made sure it Was in the right mode)

RC Competitor
    I've never tried the breaks on mine. I'll do that the next time I am out. I went from a Stampede with no break option to the Slash Ultimate and I guess the time on the Stampede helped me learn to use it without breaks.