RC poster

Castle motor/ESC recommendation

I hate to start another topic about motors & ESCs, but I didnít really find what Iím looking for, and Iíd like a quick recommendation. We want to upgrade the system in my sonís Slash 4x4, and weíve settled on Castle. Weíre looking at the 3800 so he can share 2S batteries with his other vehicles, but what ESC should we be looking at? The truck weighs 6.2 pounds total, so the Sidewinder SCT is theoretically fine, but will it have issues with a 4x4 truck? Intended use is some bashing but also running often at our local track (just for practice, not in competition).

Thanks!

RC Competitor
    I went with the mmx

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Is 5 R/C's enough?

I believe that the Mamba X esc would be a good choice for you. The Mamba X esc is sensored and so is the new 3800 motor. They will work famously together!
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I believe that the Mamba X esc would be a good choice for you. The Mamba X esc is sensored and so is the new 3800 motor. They will work famously together!
    I would agree with El sob, as long as you're not planning on turning it into a monster slash like I did.. the Mamba x would be a great choice!

Is 5 R/C's enough?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TGrier88 View Post
    I would agree with El sob, as long as you're not planning on turning it into a monster slash like I did.. the Mamba x would be a great choice!

+1 on the Mamba x. I don’t recommend 2s with a Sidewinder 8th so I cant say that option

I would suggest the kit linked below. I will likely get jumped on for not suggesting a full 8th scale kit but honestly I don't believe in going that far till you get the experience to know what you want.

http://www.castlecreations.com/en/si...or-010-0164-07