RC Racer

First time running LiPos (3s)

just ran some 1550 3s in parallelwith speed pinion on.
    This thing moves out!
    Still have stock tires on it and gonna have to reglue the fronts it looks like . They didint come all the way off but a little on each side let go from the wheel.
    its about 55 degrees here and had the stock body on it with a heatsink/fan for motor and the motor was 140 degrees and the ESC was 130 degrees.
    Now for a question.
    I have 30/50/30 in the Diffs and the front baloons pretty good.
    What weight should I change and where at.
    Will I totally lose wheelies, cause right now its pretty good i can wheelie when i want off the start or ease in and not wheelie. I like it liek this but I dont want to totally lose it.
    Here is a pic.

Parts:
    Dyed Chassis, Delrin Wheelie bar with Traxxas wheels, Delrin Rockers, GPM Shocks, GPM Pushrods and Toe Links, HR motor mount, STRC tranny mount, The Toyz Fan/heatsink, KO Propo 3101 Steering Servo, Aluminum Shock towers, Aluminum Steering componets, Traxxas CVDs, Integy Drive Shafts, and full bearings.

RC Champion
    The silver GPM shocks look nice when everything else is black. I normally don't care for them, looks wise anyway.

Going thicker in the center diff should help with it unloading to the front wheels,.

I like to go thicker on the front and rear diffs too but thats just me

Personally, I would try the traxxas 100k diff oil on the center diff and use the 50k front and rear.
    Last edited by candy76man; 01-26-2010 at 10:02 PM.

RC Racer
    50/100/50 wont be the same handeling as 30/50/30?
    Not sure how to phrase that question.
    seems like it would act the same just with higher wt diff fluid in it.
    But I dont know or else I wouldnt be asking these questions LOL.

RC Champion
    It will change it due to the fact that since they are all thicker power will be more evenly distributed for the center diff and then the front and rear diffs will tend not to unload on corners so it won't turn as sharply but that is a better setup for off road from my expieriance but also you gotta fuss with it to suit you
    My car learned how to fly then forgot the landing

RC Racer
    Yeah right now the fronts ballon alot, i can live with how the rear is reacting.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Blk95Cobra
    Yeah right now the fronts ballon alot, i can live with how the rear is reacting.
    Putting the 100k oil in the center diff will reduce the ballooning of the front tires while sending more power to the rears.

RC Qualifier
    I run 50/100/50 and love it!

I can still pull flips and wheelies but only when I want to. 100k center is the way to go for my driving style.

RC Qualifier
    All advise is correct. Think of it this way, the center diff determines where the power will go. The thinner the oil in the center diff, the more power will be transferred to the wheels with the least traction. Accelerating, the front lifts a little so has the least traction so the center diff sends more power there. The thicker the oil, the more the diff leaves at the rear wheels. So, by adjusting the center diff oil weight, will determine how much wheelie you get.

The front and rear diff oil more determines how the revo will turn and how much power goes to each wheel on it's own axle.

Dennis

RC Racer
    How would say 30/100/30 be compared to 50/100/50?

RC Qualifier
    The center diff would work the same. In the case of the 30/100/30 the revo would turn easier and maybe go straighter under power, but if one of the wheels were off the ground, the other one on the same axle would pull less.