Thread: tekin rx8

tekin rx8

hey guys,gals,does anyone have a tekin rx8 in there summit .looking for my best options for a brushless system.like to here someones input if they have the setup.thanks marcel

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelt
    hey guys,gals,does anyone have a tekin rx8 in there summit .looking for my best options for a brushless system.like to here someones input if they have the setup.thanks marcel
    I just installed one last week. I replaced a CC MMM combo and couldn't be happier. I read the reviews here and decided to jump on the band wagon. The best part is the low end throttle control. I actually don't need low range now as it is so smooth in high and has great throttle response. At least for the Summit - if low speed crawling is a must then this upgrade is awesome! If high speed is what you are going for the MMM does the trick great! But if you want the best of both worlds then Tekin all the way
    Summit; Tekin RX8, RPM a-arms, Lunsford items

RC Racer
    I don't regret getting the Tekin!! Silky smooth power going slow or fast.
    Crawling without cogging/stuttering.
    You have to think out some way to protect the RX8, it is not protected against water.
    The Summit is so versatile as it comes out of the box......then you add the Tekin system.....a fantastic combination...more power for speed and acceleration- tons more fun.

Look for some pictures in my gallery just how I did:
    ps I will add a fan to RX8 soon

Stock Summit minus Tekin/2.4Ghz

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_R
    ps I will add a fan to RX8 soon
    What temps are you getting without the fan?
    What is your gearing?
    JRx2, Mini-Z, MRC, Summit, Slash, Revo VXL, etc.

RC Racer
    Well I have the stock fan, but I'll add another one on top. Temps seen on the RX8: "three Leds" out of seven I think, if you know how they work for indicating temp. This was late fall so for springtime I'm set with some more cooling.(I guess you saw the casing in my album)
    Gearing @ 16/65
    Last edited by Jimmy_R; 02-01-2010 at 02:42 PM.
    Stock Summit minus Tekin/2.4Ghz

RC Qualifier
    Holy! We got two identical threads. We need one deleted. Same stuff posted by the same posters. Pick one thread!
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

RC Qualifier
    Thought I was going crazy here too lol.

Guess I'll just copy & paste my post over to here too (of course some of these identical threads could be eliminated if the OP searched a bit before posting )

Quote Originally Posted by sfr4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_R
    Here's a Tekin video, showing no cogging at low speeds.
    Sorry it's just a mobile cam.

There's only one little brief spot in there (right near the top) that my MMM would've made some noise going up that at the speed you did. I've found even when it does cog, it still doesn't impede it at all, it just goes "pbpbpbpbpbp" a bit until it gets going a little faster again. Crawling between and around huge boulders is where the differences between the two systems would be most apparent.

If you're gonna buy one or the other brand new though, I definitely agree with everyone the RX8 seems to be the better suited of the two for sure, just because it's way quieter, if nothing else. However if you were to come across a screamin' deal on a MMM/2200, I certainly wouldn't pass it up either.
    The Castle MMM is said to be water resistant outside of the fan (and I've played in the snow some with mine unprotected too without any issues). So I guess there is that advantage (Castle coats their boards with a conformal coating).