RC Qualifier

attempting to fix the axle issue tonight!!

I'm going to start on a solution to stop axles form bending tonight at work. It looks good on paper lol. The only thing it my require is upgrading to the alum hex pieces that drive the wheels....I will find out when I test them. I'll keep ya posted!

RC Racer
    great please do!

RC Champion
    .... hmmm...

unless you actually make the axle stronger its going to keep bending...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy-SLASH#1
    .... hmmm...

unless you actually make the axle stronger its going to keep bending...
    it should be stronger. I have other ideas that are more involved,but this one is easier...so I'll try this first.

RC Champion
    If you make a sleeve/ hex all in one and it is tight on the axle stub shaft. Then install a roll pin of some sort to hold it on (using the axle hole), Then all of the bending force won't be applied to the little area around the hole. It will have to bend right at the Bearing or Shear off... This would be WAY tougher.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Qualifier
    After drawing, programming, and running....THE PROTOTYPES ARE DONE!! I will be testing them out this weekend. I'm sure the axle will not bend...but...force has to absorbed somewhere and that's what I want to find out.
    If they work for me I am thinking of sending a few sets out to ppl on here to test. If you have bent a buttload of axles....you are who I am looking for to try them. BTW...they are light and I will make the final design lighter.
    Last edited by yeti as3; 02-02-2010 at 11:22 PM.

RC Racer
    great cant wait man! i am tired of bending axles!!

RC Champion
    Yes, pics please..
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Qualifier

cool

I'm holding out hope that lunsford will have some ti shafts at some point but this is worth a shot
    Rustler VXL FLM-Pede VXL Slash PE

RC poster
    Very Interesting....
    Put me in line to test some Prototypes... I'm tired of bending axles too.

RC Qualifier
    Well, I had a pretty good wreck at the track down the back straight and tested them out. While the axle did bend a little, I saw no need to replace it. If you measure the total runout of the wheel it is about .075 over 3.5". To me, so far so good. I'm waiting for some feedback from somebody else that is running them.

RC Racer
    My fix worked perfect so far with no bending after two race weekends. I bought and installed the Mip cvd kit for the 2wd slash, worked perfect and does not bend, problem solved!

RC Racer
    hey birdy,
    did u install the mip cvd's only on the rear of the 4x4?
    thanks

RC Racer
    Just the rear, haven't had no trouble with fronts bending

RC Racer
    thanks for the reply, appreciate it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by birdy233
    My fix worked perfect so far with no bending after two race weekends. I bought and installed the Mip cvd kit for the 2wd slash, worked perfect and does not bend, problem solved!
    Are you running the alum carriers in the rear also? If you are, I will prob go to the CVDs. I had no probs with bending and plastic carriers but the alum carriers like bend axles....or course it takes a good ball-up

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti as3
    Are you running the alum carriers in the rear also? If you are, I will prob go to the CVDs. I had no probs with bending and plastic carriers but the alum carriers like bend axles....or course it takes a good ball-up
    what the alum bearing carriers like bend axles?? realy?
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti as3
    I'm running a PE, so yes, the alum carriers. I've ran the MIPs three race weekends now and not a bend in sight. My buddy also has a PE, he bends one or two pair a weekend. The LHS is out of MIP's, I bought the last set...

RC Champion
    ???
    What was it that you tested?
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Qualifier

fits all the way up to the bearing

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by birdy233
    did you have to cut the drive cups down. i tried the mip ccvds that i have for my 2 wheels drive slash and the axle would bind in the cup when the suspensions compresses fully

RC Qualifier
    I think they have them now, but call Fastlane Machine to make sure they have the new adjustable cups for the 4x4. He says they will bolt right up with no mods.