RC poster

Put some love in to the Summit?

Hi everyone!

I live in Sweden and right now we have a lot of snow over here. Of course I have taken out my Summit to play.

Afterwards I put it in my bathtub and gently shower of all the snow. Then I spin out all the water from the tires and then let it dry properly.

My question is - is it okey to shower all the electronics (yes, I know the are supposed to be waterproof but it somehow dont feel right to shower the engine and such)? And are there some parts that need to be taken apart or sprayed with some kind of oil or so after a wet run?

As I am new to this hobby all input is welcome!

Thanx!

RC Qualifier
    after cleaning off you are suppose to spray WD-40 on the metal parts that are not sealed (the screws for example) so that they do not rust
    Slayer, Slash 4x4 (MMM/2650kv), & a Summit

RC Champion
    I've rinsed mine down in the the shower probably 20 times so far since I've owned it without any problems.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Qualifier
    If I get it muddy I use the hose out front. If not I have a deep sink in the basement I use for it and then ill wd-40 everything whafter letting it sit in there and dry!

RC Racer
    you will be ok but you need to oil the bearings on the motor you can see it in the rear a drop of oil.the front you have to remove it. an use electrical cleaner on the inside spray through th rear where fins are visable. or you will get rust..and like other said use some wd-40 on pivot points.but not on the slipper clutch .. i use hair dryer on my electrics an all over. parts left wet to air dry will cause rust faster ..
    CRC Lectraclean is the right stuff to use on the motor. You can get it at Home Depot and I've even seen it at Walmart.

Brake cleaners "sometimes" attack plastic .... so be careful as the fan fins inside the motor are plastic.

i knew i seen this around. that is what you need
    Last edited by smokeGR; 02-04-2010 at 10:32 PM.
    smokeGR
    2summits 2villainEX slayer3.3

RC Qualifier
    Dont use brake cleaner and you dont have to worry about it eating the plastic. Go to a gun shop and get Poylmer Safe Gun Scrubber. It is safe on plastics and just as strong as break cleaner. It dose cost a little more but id rather pay a little more now then to have it eat away at my plastic parts slowly.

RC poster
    Okay, to sum things up.

- Its okay to shower off the Summit.
    - Spray WD40 on metal parts to avoid rust
    - Oil the bearings of the motor
    - Spray inside motor with CRC Lectraclean

Have I missed something?

RC Champion
    After I rinse mine, I immediately wipe it down then blow dry any remaining water. That also helps prevent rust.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Qualifier
    Hi,I shower mine down,just don't use any detergent!! It lets the water get "thinner" and inside.

RC poster
    Thanx for all input - now Im off to some bashing in the snow...

:-)