Thread: mamba monster

RC Qualifier

mamba monster

so i have had my summit sice christmas and all i have to say is its awesome, except for one thing the speed. so i decided i will get the mamba monster which one should i get 2200 or the 2650kv? also,while ive been in this hobby little less than a two years i have only been using nimh batteries so should i go lipos for this? if so what would be the best battery for a good price and is there some sort of fireproof bag to put the lipos in while charging and what is the best charger? sorry for all the questions but i hope you all can help

thanks,
    connor

RC Qualifier
    From what ive heard the Teken RX-8 is a better brushless setup for the Summit for crawling. I dont do much Crawling and have a MMM 2200 and it is great. I jsut hate its not waterproof! As for Lipos Yes you will need to go to them for any kind of decent runtime. I got mine from Hobby King. I have 4 pairs and also got a coulpe for my 1/18 and it was like $150 total. I belive mine are *******. Its kinda pain to solder the connectors but now that thats done ive had no probs at all.

RC Qualifier
    2200 MMM all the way. The tekin is over priced and slow. There is no cogging on the MMM with the new firmware. And yes run lipos with the MMM. Nimh don't supply enuf current for the MMM and that will kill the ESC.
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

RC Qualifier
    why will it kill the esc?

RC Qualifier
    also i was thinking abou the kd 700hs to keep it waterproof any suggestions for that/ and will they last/

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxximus Prime
    The tekin is over priced and slow.
    Over-priced? The Tekin is about $30 more and supports sensored motors. Costing more for more features is not considered over-priced.

Slow? I think you need to back up that claim.

Just because something isn't what you have/like doesn't mean you should make false claims. Let's try to help each other out here.
    JRx2, Mini-Z, MRC, Summit, Slash, Revo VXL, etc.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slash50
    so i decided i will get the mamba monster which one should i get 2200 or the 2650kv?
    If you going MMM, the 2200 is more suitable for the Summit. The 2650 is smaller and more suited for use in buggies.
    JRx2, Mini-Z, MRC, Summit, Slash, Revo VXL, etc.

tekin, slow? man you need to jump forums and do some non traxxas searching. most buggy racers are quickly switching to tekins.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Qualifier
    Having experience with only the 2200 in my Summit, it rocked.

I hear the Tekins are good but I am giving you an opinion and a real world experience with a system you have chosen. The 2200 is better for the Summit. Its a lower KV motor and will less likely overheat. I had mine geared 18/68 and it was FAST and crawled pretty well. I NEVER had a heat issue.

I was running 4S, (2 SMC 8000mah 2S Lipos with a 45 + minute run time)

I dont have it any more for one reason. I got into the racing my 4x4 Slashes and needed the $$$ directed in a different direction.

We still have two Summits for the boys (I still use them, LOL)
    Three Summits

RC Qualifier
    As someone with a MMM Castle Neu 2200, MMM Neu 1515 2.5D 1700, Tekin RX8 with a 2050 I can say the Tekin and Castle both haul and I wouldn't consider either slow, they both are plenty fast enough to pull enough speed that I can't keep the front end down. I am a fan of the MMM and Neus so I have more however the RX8 joined the herd about two months ago and it compares to the 2.5D in terms of smooth control with the addition of very slow speec support for crawling (sensored).

RC Qualifier
    $430CAD for a tiki and $280CAD for a MMM. Ya, not over priced eh? Yes slow compared to the MMM. Let's compare apples to apples, not buggies to monster trucks.
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

RC Champion
    $430CAD for a tiki and $280CAD for a MMM. Ya, not over priced eh? Yes slow compared to the MMM. Let's compare apples to apples, not buggies to monster trucks.
    dude u really gotta start shopping online, lol
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Qualifier
    Just so you know my reply was comparing MT to MT.

RC Qualifier
    so now that i am going to start using lipos i think i will get the mamba monster. just a few questions do i have to solder the connecters on? if so is there any way i can practice because i have only soldered one time but i did a good job. also is there any thing elese i will need?

RC Qualifier
    lol
    Yeah, Tower has them for a $33 difference at the moment.
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVHA5&P=SM
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWZJ7&P=SM

I have the MMM/2200 in mine. I have no complaints at all about it's performance (blazing fast with huge effortless gobs of power!), it just makes some noise at times during real slow crawling. In spite of that, it still crawls perfectly fine though (contrary to what some here will say). The sensored Tekin obviously would emit much less noise (and IMO would be the one to pick unless you were to come across a real good deal on a MMM). Either one is not likely to disappoint.

LiPo batteries are pretty much a requirement with either of these systems.

RC Qualifier
    so is there any way i can practice soldering? and what elese do i need for the mmm ?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by slash50
    so now that i am going to start using lipos i think i will get the mamba monster. just a few questions do i have to solder the connecters on? if so is there any way i can practice because i have only soldered one time but i did a good job. also is there any thing elese i will need?
    this is probably the best deal around, $250.00 for the e-revo install kit, not sure if they want a couple of 550's in exchange though.

might as well upgrade to the 2.4 control at the same time cause your stock one will glitch with the MMM.

RC Qualifier
    i will get it at tower because i will get 60$ off

RC Champion

RC Competitor
    you can waterproof the mmm just go to you tube search "waterproof mamba monster" i did mine and it works great