RC poster

Best MT for racing/bashing?

Hello, I'm trying to figure out which Traxxas truck will be the best selection for racing (jumping, freestyle, etc) and also good for bashing around. Could be nitro or electric, but want something durable and good. I know the ERBS is good for racing but honestly does not look like a monster truck at all, so any other options? T-Maxx? Pede? Revo 3.3? I already have a slash 4x4 for my SC racing but want bigger wheels as well!

RC Qualifier
    id say an erevo or revo would be your best bet. if you want the revo to look like a monster truck than get a pro-line body for it. they have many truck styles to choose from. anything that fits the revo 3.3 will fit the erevo. you can also get some big 40 series tires/wheels if you want big tires

bodies

tires

theres also other brands for bodies such as parma and theres many many wheel/tire brands, so do some research and see what you like best.
    Last edited by AK SNO RIDER; 02-09-2010 at 10:32 PM.
    Using while stupid may cause serious injury.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Read my sig, I wouldn't put that there for no reason.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

Any electric in MT class is not going to be able to keep up in th 25 minute Amain, you can't swap the batts out fast enough. Nitro it's splash and dash.

Now as far as which model, the Revo is going to have advantages right out of the box. Now I do race my TMAXX and have beaten many seasoned drivers with Revo's, but I also have put in a lot of modifications to be able to. But that's what I like to do.

There is nothing more fun for me than beating someone who has a Revo or Savage and they find out I have a TMAXX. Often people come up to my pit table scratching their heads.

Then again, drivers win races, your equipment helps get you there. I've seen people with oodles invested in their RC's and can't drive worth a darn only to get passed up by something that looks like it came out of a garbage can....
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    I like the VXL Stampede. Mine is extended using Rag6's extention, Masher 2000's, Venom 3S lipo and some other goodies and its a beast. Great on road, and off.
    TEAM RCA
    VXL 3S Venom Powered Monster Pede.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    Any electric in MT class is not going to be able to keep up in th 25 minute Amain, you can't swap the batts out fast enough. Nitro it's splash and dash.
    3s lipo will go through twice..
    or am i missing something?
    is there an 'AA' for RC addicts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    I am going to have to disagree on this one. You can easily run in parallel to make it run 45+ minutes. Even with a single 3s 5500 mAh you get 30 minutes of racing. It depends on the batteries you use though, if you got 2200 mAh batteries they sure won't last. However, slap some 5000 mAh + batteries and your good to go for the full 25 minutes with no decrease in power or refill needed.

RC Qualifier
    ERBE FTW! I never race and only bash and it rocks!
    Are you an RC addict?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand National
    I am going to have to disagree on this one. You can easily run in parallel to make it run 45+ minutes. Even with a single 3s 5500 mAh you get 30 minutes of racing. It depends on the batteries you use though, if you got 2200 mAh batteries they sure won't last. However, slap some 5000 mAh + batteries and your good to go for the full 25 minutes with no decrease in power or refill needed.

Correct... I have run against many converted buggies/truggies and the runtimes are great. BUT most places still require a simulated battery swap. With nitro you are talking maybe a 10 second stop.... Then you get into those 60 minute mains.... you still have to do simulated battery swaps....but you will have to change a battery at some point.

Revo or TMaxx in nitro is my choice....

We don't have simulated stops, so I am not 100% sure what exactly they are. But if you are looking at a nitro MT to race, even though the MT class is a dying breed, I would say a T-Maxx or Revo, possibly a Associated MGT.
    Last edited by Grand National; 02-13-2010 at 03:35 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Be sure of what the rules are for the class where you plan to race. The PE revo's are not alowed at some places do to the centerdiff. They make them race with truggies to be more fair.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by snakemau
    Hello, I'm trying to figure out which Traxxas truck will be the best selection for racing (jumping, freestyle, etc) and also good for bashing around. Could be nitro or electric, but want something durable and good. I know the ERBS is good for racing but honestly does not look like a monster truck at all, so any other options? T-Maxx? Pede? Revo 3.3? I already have a slash 4x4 for my SC racing but want bigger wheels as well!
    The E-Revo isn't a monster truck. It's more like a monster truggy.