Thread: e maxx upgrades

RC poster

e maxx upgrades

Hi all. New to the forum & not a massive RC racer.
    I have just sold my slash brushless to get funds to upgrade the E Maxx I have
    It's an older one brushed twin motors. Looking for suggestions on lipo & brushless motor/esc set ups. Not got a mega fund so value for money makes and what motor details I need to look at would be appreciated. I'm in UK for what it's worth

RC Racer
    What batteries are you currently running?

My friend down the street has one that we tool on quite a bit. Mostly repair and not so much upgrading outside of rpm nylon plastic over the stock traxxas.

Converting to brushless could be a challenge since you’ll be going from two motors to one, I’m guessing some transmission work will need to be done. The best “performance” increase we’ve noticed was running 7 cell 8.4v NiMH traxxas id batteries instead of the 6 cell. It wheelies on occasion with those and grabs the ground like crazy.

To go lipo, on the brushed set up, you’ll need to get a couple low voltage cut offs since the stock esc doesn’t support this. If you go brushless, you’ll need a new esc anyway along with maybe a 2200kv motor to preserve the torque for this beast. I’m also new to rc but would be partial to the castle motor and mamba esc set up as it’s worked well for me.

If you find any reasonable options that work in converting from twin motors please share so I can let my friend know.

Good luck!

A nice Hobbywing max8 combo is great. Smc lipos as well
    You may want to take truck apart and check bearing, diffs and everything oil
    Living life.

RC poster
    Thanks for the response. I had looked into Hobbywing & Etronix photon motor/esc set ups based on cost, would like a Castle combo set up as I had that on the Slash, but my budget won't run to one. I know the conversion plate for motor mount is readily available for twin motor to single upgrade. I have found a deal on 3s lipo batteries so bought 4, just wanted details of motor/esc to go for I.e specs as I've been told to look for so many turn motor, such a kv rating etc. It's all a blur to me. More info would be great.

RC Racer
    This is a pretty decent, albeit perhaps dated, resource I stumbled upon. It may help out if you’re still looking for info.

http://www.robotwars.00server.com/emaxxupgrade.html