RC poster

TQi not turning on

I just unwrapped a Slash 4x4 for my son (and me!) for Christmas but I can't get the TQi radio to power up. There is no light (not red, not green, nothing). I tried several sets of batteries. There are two things that seem odd:

1. The "springs" in the battery compartment are both on one side (meaning one is against negative, and one is against positive) which I don't recall every seeing before.
    2. One of the springs is not extended far at all, which means the two AAs on that side don't maintain good contact.

Can anyone tell me if #1 is normal, and if so are there any workarounds for #2? Maybe an aluminum foil shim to keep the batteries in contact?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help out today!

Brian

RC Qualifier
    Can you post a pic or 2. Might help us help you. It would seem that you may have gotten a Friday afternoon or Monday morning one!! You may have to take the transmitter apart to re-arrange the springs or call Traxxas tomorrow morning and they will most likely ask you to send that one back and they’ll send a new one that works back to you. If you feel that you can take it apart and check the polarity, that might be the easier way to go about things so you can possibly run it today. Hope you get it resolved one way or another!!

RC poster
    Here are a couple images showing the battery compartment:

On the side where the short spring hits the positive side of the battery there is a good amount of room and without some kind of help I don't see how the batteries are going to stay in contact.

Here's a closeup where I have it tilted down and you can see there is space between the positive terminal and the spring.

RC Qualifier
    Can you pull the spring so that it makes contact with the battery. You should be able to stretch the spring out a little so it makes contact with the end of the battery. Won’t hurt anything. Just be careful not to over stretch it.

RC poster
    Yeah, I've tried pulling the spring, but I've pulled it pretty hard and it just goes back to the original size. At this point we'll see what support says tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by byarger View Post
    Yeah, I've tried pulling the spring, but I've pulled it pretty hard and it just goes back to the original size. At this point we'll see what support says tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions!
    Compare your pic to mine and I don't see the spring coils at the other end like mine, maybe they are there but I can't see them.

RC poster
    Thanks for the picture Rain Dawg, I think those spring coils at the bottom are exactly what I'm missing.

RC Qualifier
    No problem, I should of linked the part number at the time my bad #2226.

RC poster

TQi not turning on

I would hope not as Ive not used it... And when you press the mic to speak the bars go up on the screen?