RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!

Anyone build models?

This time of year I usually dust off some model boxes and build a few. The snows' too deep for running, all my RC's are ready to go, and I wrenched my back shoveling. I've been wanting to build some of the bikes I've collected and started with a Ducati 916. My next is a Yamaha GP bike and then Rossi's '03 Honda. I may also do another 1/6th Harley model.

A shot with a body panel off...

My next one...

Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Champion
    Sure do! I've been playing with plastic for years[about 40,give or take a year or two].
    Not as much as I should but RCs are more fun. But when I do get tired of working on or bashing my RCs I just head for the model room and dig into one.

I've been hoarding kits for over thirty years. Between my wife and I we have over 300 kits,mostly 1/24 and 1/25 scale cars and pick-up trucks but you will find the odd Semi and a bike or two in the collection.

I figure it will give me something to do when I'm too old and feeble to work on real autos any more.
    Bullet/Bullet2 / Hawk2/ Blue Eagle/E-Maxx/T-Maxx

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!

Yamaha GP bike alost done

Not being able to do much this week besides sit around has enabled me to get this kit done in record time! Should be finished up tomorrow or maybe the next day. I love doing these Tamiya bikes; so much detail. I even found a rider with Kenny Roberts decals at a shop, so that'll be a nice addition....

Getting started....

So much to paint; why does it seem like I always need colors I don't have?

Chassis & motor...

Starting to look like a bike....

Two pipes on; two to go....

Came up with a nice drying rack; all the body panels are painted....

I opted to paint the colors on the undercowling rather than use the decals...

Starting rider; had a choice of four riders. I'll use "King Kenny's" colors. He still takes the bikes out once in awhile...

Too bad it doesn't include four riders to go with all the decals! I tried to find other kits like this and I think they're pretty rare. I think this kit is from 1985 or so....

RC Champion

Almost....

Done; except for the rider. Got the pieces glued up and after a bit of filler and a little sanding, my rider will be ready for some paint. Going fast....

Some body panels attatched...

All done!

RC Champion
    I haven't built a model in 100 years, but seeing this thread and walking by them every time I go to the LHS really makes me realize how much fun I had doing them.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Qualifier
    I have a Revell monogram '55 Chevy Street Machine 1/24 scale(kit #2211) that has been sitting in my file/hobby cabinet for propbally the last 20 years.I haven't built one in at least 25.I just may have to dig in and build it.
    Keep the shiny side up!

RC Racer
    I started out building 1/24 cars and trucks and expanded into everything. Ships, subs, space craft, fantasy, gaming figurines, aircraft. Then I started building custom stuff. forward swept fighter planes, complete cars from left over parts. I cataloged everything when I was a teen and it was well over 350 models. I finally trashed the last of them 20 years ago but I have photos of a few of them. I don't do them anymore just because my time and space is at a premium and you need both. Plus, I would spend far more on super detail items than the model itself. Laser cut metal, tubing and wire, different shades of metal foil, and all sorts of odds and ends you mod to make stuff that doesn't exist. Like proportioning valves in 1/8 scale cars, 1/24 scale burger wrappers, 1/24 scale emergency brake cables, flexible coolant tubing for ion cannons...

The last major project that didn't get done was a 21 inch model of the NC-1701 with fiber optic lights in all the ports with correct pattern nav lights. I was working on building the light boards and control circuits from scratch when I joined the Navy.

It's been at least 21 years since I built one. I still have 3 unassembled kits for different SR-71 configurations. Those are fairly simple so maybe I might break those out some time.

RC Qualifier
    I am currently building a chopper and a 34 ford. Got many more lined up too. Been building models since I was about 5 or 6. First model was a snap together viper and I found that too easy and moved up from there soon after. Here are some I have done
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...els/59elco.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...dels/merc7.jpg
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-01-2010 at 09:38 PM.
    Its now or never

RC poster
    I use to build lowrider models, But I never got as far as putting the motors in them. I got into putting sparkplug wires in, as well as flocking the floorboards and seats. I haven't built one in years. I always used bare metal foil to do the chrome, as I was never any good at painting smaller lines.

I am gonna have to put one together, sounds like it might beat the winter lulls.

RC Champion
    I love that Enzo!

RC Champion
    I used to build model cars a few years back. Then when I got into R/C I quit making model cars because of time. But, I've thought about getting back into the model hobby some time soon.

RC Champion
    I've had this sitting in my room for Over a year now I think Ill have to get around to building it soon
    Racehorse duct taped to a scud missile fast.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay 313
    I love that Enzo!
    Thank you that one took me a while to build. I say a while I can build a model in 24 hours that one took about 72 hours
    Its now or never

RC Champion
    I got my rider all done. Took some modification to get him to fit properly. I had to change his arm position and add a little filler to make things look right. I got that done, painted and he's all decalled up. Turned out good.

Filler added...

Looks better after a little sanding and paint...

Painted up and dancin'

Close up of decals...

Looks cool!

RC Champion
    That looks amazing!

RC Champion
    I build alot of NASCAR 1/24 models. I've got about 10 in the attic that are brand new. Haven't had the time or interest lately to start a new one
    Don't mess with the Cyber Bully

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    This summer I bought a Tamiya Ferrari FXX kit and all kinds of paint and brushes and what not at the advice of my model crazed Hobby Town coworker. In all, with my discount, I spent 100 bucks on everything I needed to do it right. It's a huge kit. I made it about 10% through (I don't know really, maybe less ) before I ran out of regular time to work on it. It wasn't terribly hard to build and it was a ton of fun. I just don't have time.
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009