RC Qualifier

Question Aluminum Chassis

I just broke my second plastic chassis and am debating upgrading to an air craft grade aluminum one. Are these things tough? And what are sone things to watch out for when buying one? What are the beat brands also?

RC Champion
    Racers edge machine makes good ones. They come in black red blue or clear anodized finish. Here's my clear one.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Drive it like you stole it or leave it shelved

RC Champion
    And you don't have to get the 1/8 btw. They also make a stock length chassis

RC Qualifier
    Cool that seems to be what i'm gonna get. One of the only ones I found on eBay so glad that i got some good feedback on it before I buy. + sectsy blue to match rpm a-arms, blue shock covers, velineon etc. thanks

RC Champion
    You can check my build thread and WNCmotards build thread to see all the aluminum parts that you can buy.

RC Qualifier
    +1 for the Racer's Edge stuff, as well as the Fast Lane Machine parts. I have the full REM package, with FLM A arms and CVD drives. Hit up Gary at addicted2rc.com for the REM parts, and you can save a LOT of money by buying everything as a package. Thanks for the plug pedecrawler, and for the OP, I'll warn you, you can really do some damage to the bank account in a hurry.
    REM Octopede

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by WNCmotard
    +1 for the Racer's Edge stuff, as well as the Fast Lane Machine parts. I have the full REM package, with FLM A arms and CVD drives. Hit up Gary at addicted2rc.com for the REM parts, and you can save a LOT of money by buying everything as a package. Thanks for the plug pedecrawler, and for the OP, I'll warn you, you can really do some damage to the bank account in a hurry.
    No problem. Gary should give us discounts lol

RC Racer
    I prefer to use the FLM chassis and aluminum parts the only other ones I would consider are REM and Extreme Racing for the chassis.
    It might break.... then again it broke....

RC Qualifier
    Does the Stock length REM chassis come with any hardware? Can i use the stock vxl screws?

RC Champion
    It comes with hardware, antenna kit, and choice of batt holddowns. I prefer the lightweight straps because they are easier to use.

RC Champion
    I highly recommend using loctite with aluminum parts to prevent the screws from backing out. I use this stuff as much as I use my allen wrenches lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pedecrawler
    I highly recommend using loctite with aluminum parts to prevent the screws from backing out. I use this stuff as much as I use my allen wrenches lol
    I used the entire small bottle that came with my stainless screw kit + some out of a big bottle. I Loc Tited EVERYTHING......
    REM Octopede

RC Qualifier
    thanks a lot, gonna buy my sexy blue one tomorrow

RC Champion
    Awesome. Post pics. I like seeing shiny new parts

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pedecrawler
    Awesome. Post pics. I like seeing shiny new parts
    Will do. though it'll prolly be sometime next week i gotta eBay it.

IDK - going aluminum and keeping the stock length just didn't make sense to me. I like the 1" extended version by FLM. The 1.875" extended model by REM seemed a bit much for me although it looks good on some conversions you'll find here. I'd still take that over a stock length, if only for the reduction in wheelies.

Flm

Just got my 1/8 Extended Chassis from FLM in the mail today. Looks awesome, I can wait to get the parts together.
    Came with all the screws needed for the swap, velco battery tie down straps and aluminum antenna post. Super high quality, very pleased. I will post pics tomorrow!!