Thread: Selling rules?

RC Champion

Selling rules?

Just curious about one thing.

I know I can't post a non-Traxxas product in the market place (e.g. aftermarket battery pack).

Am I allowed to advertise in my signature on in the Alley?
    Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

RC Qualifier
    good question. they would prolly just edit you sig. marshals are pretty strict. they edited my sig for say "batterys are for women and small children".
    Slash 2x4 VXL
    Slash 2x4 XL-5
    Slash 4x4 VXL

RC Qualifier
    ^^^ haha thats funny lol... i wondered what happened to that sig..lol
    Rustler VXL SPC Power
    4-tec 5700K MM SPC Power

RC Qualifier
    had to go when i got the pede then the slash lol...i will always have nitros tho
    Slash 2x4 VXL
    Slash 2x4 XL-5
    Slash 4x4 VXL

RC Champion
    you cant i tried and they forced me to change it
    sppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccceeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubic
    Just curious about one thing.

I know I can't post a non-Traxxas product in the market place (e.g. aftermarket battery pack).

Am I allowed to advertise in my signature on in the Alley?
    Not a chance.
    Why would we ever allow non-Traxxas advertising?

Advertise a non-Traxxas product on Traxxas' website? Really?
    Do you think Ford allows GM, Toyota, Honda, et al. to advertise their products on Ford's site?
    So why would Traxxas pay for and run this site only to have their competitors profit?

RC Champion
    Hey, calm down. That's why I asked first.

The way I think of it is, it's my sig I should put what I want in it as long as it's appropriate.

Anyway, I don't have a say since these are not my rules and I don't want to be punished for my actions.

You can't put what you want as long as it's appropriate. Appropriate would mean it's within the rules, of which advertisement of competitors products is not.
    A lot of people look at this as impeding our "right to free speech". Well that right only applies when it conforms to other laws. (I.E- you can't yell fire in a crowded room, free speech yes, BUT you are also inciting a riot) Plus the fact hat this is a privately owned and operated website/forum, so they can tel you whatever they want. In all honesty if they felt like it they could ban everyone who had more than 3 vowels in their name.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G
    Advertise a non-Traxxas product on Traxxas' website? Really?
    Do you think Ford allows GM, Toyota, Honda, et al. to advertise their products on Ford's site?
    So why would Traxxas pay for and run this site only to have their competitors profit?
    Thats different, He probably wants to sell parts for trx vehicles, not ones for other companys products. I would personally like it if there were a traxxas hop-up market place on here. Then maybe I could finally get rid of the MIP Telescoping CVD's that I never put in my erbe.
    Are you an RC addict?

RC Racer
    Think of the forum as a privilege not a right. Traxxas has the final say in whats appropriate or not. Plus when we all signed up we had to check the box confirming that we agreed to Traxxas' terms and conditions.

RC Enthusiast
    Just because they say it doesn't make it right.

By being so strict they drive alot of people elsewhere.

If they let members who had been here who have supported this forum have a little more freedom than Maybe traxxas would earn a little good will with people which lord knows they need.

Yes I realize that the mods will delete this but it doesn't make it any less true.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pope NJ

If they let members who had been here who have supported this forum have a little more freedom than Maybe traxxas would earn a little good will with people which lord knows they need.

Yes I realize that the mods will delete this but it doesn't make it any less true.
    I totally disagree. You make it sound like Traxxas is in bad standing while I feel the opposite is true. This forum has a stronger following than any manufacture forum that I know of. Traxxas goes above and beyond in customer service to take care of their customers. To suggest that we should be allowed to advertise products from other manufactures on Traxxas's dime is ridiculous to my thinking.

Cubic given you past here I am amazed you would even consider looking for a loop hole to advertise those batteries. I am even more amazed anyone would attempt to sell packs that are has old as what you are trying to sell with such low specs. Surely those packs are better suited to the dumpster than for re-sale
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Quote Originally Posted by pbmaxx64
    Thats different, He probably wants to sell parts for trx vehicles, not ones for other companys products. I would personally like it if there were a traxxas hop-up market place on here. Then maybe I could finally get rid of the MIP Telescoping CVD's that I never put in my erbe.
    Did you not read ksb51rl's post? If you are not buying hop-ups from Traxxas then you are purchasing from a competitor. Again, Traxxas has the final say into how this board is run and what kind of content they would like on it. Sell your parts on eBay.

Out of every hundred or so people there are about a handful that have issues with how the board is run. Those people that have made valuable contributions to the forum usually are on here for quite a long tim and continue to do so. It's the newbies that generally cry and moan about the forum. You agreed to the terms when you signed up and then you complain about them once you are on? Please. There are plenty of other forums out there that you probably could do anything you want. Here it's privately owned; if you don't like it leave.
    As for the good will that Traxxas "deserves" to whom? Their customer service is spectacular, they provide this forum to us free (to which I don't know of any other manufacturer forums but I only have Traxxas products so there is no need for me to look for others) and their products are very popular.

RC Champion
    Hey guys, calm down will ya! I just asked a fair question.

RC Enthusiast
    Whatever. It doesn't matter to me one bit but I am just saying it sends members to traxxas's competors because they are left no choice by the restrictions. Like I said yea keep an eye on the new guys here to make sure they are not just coming to dump stuff or spam people or advertise for other compettors but alow the guys who have spent alot of time and money being a loyal traxxas member to sell those aftermarket parts that go on a traxxas vehichle to a fellow member to make their truck better.

It would be a win, win for all involved.

Like I said though it is just a outsides point of view.

Whatever. It doesn't matter to me one bit but I am just saying it sends members to traxxas's competors because they are left no choice by the restrictions. Like I said yea keep an eye on the new guys here to make sure they are not just coming to dump stuff or spam people or advertise for other compettors but alow the guys who have spent alot of time and money being a loyal traxxas member to sell those aftermarket parts that go on a traxxas vehichle to a fellow member to make their truck better.

It would be a win, win for all involved.

Like I said though it is just a outsides point of view.
    What you are suggesting is commonly called a "double standard" and would create a huge amount of issues for the mods. The entire concept of selling other manufactures parts on the Traxxas forum is pretty out there to my thinking. Do you know of any manufactures who sponsor and run a forum that let that kind of activity go on?
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    Really Like I said don't care.

Just trying to put out the otherside of this argument from a non biased point of view as I have nothing to sell any way.
    Last edited by The Pope NJ; 02-19-2010 at 10:53 AM.

...but alow the guys who have spent alot of time and money being a loyal traxxas member to sell those aftermarket parts that go on a traxxas vehichle to a fellow member to make their truck better.
    Proof? I can see your side of the argument, but...

You must care because you posted three times already.

RC Enthusiast
    Proof? I can see your side of the argument, but...

You must care because you posted three times already.

Proof of what? And yes you got me I do care. I care about the people who support a company only to have the company treat their customers like this.

The members of this or any forum come together to have open discussion about a product they love. They help one another out and share ideas. That is restricted though when Big Brother is sitting in the room threating to shoot down any idea they don't agree with. At the end of the day it is the members of this comunitte that suffers. The selling is just one thing. It seems you have to pertend that nothing other than traxxas exsists around here.

I got a warning for posting what rc's I have as I don't have a traxxas anymore because I just sold my PE Revo. That is not a way to treat members let alone new ones.

I was nice about it and even invited the mod to come run with us as he lives very close by. (Invitation was never even acknowlaged though)

Proof of what you said in the quote provided.

The Pope NJ IMO you have a very odd way of looking at things. We are free to discuss after market parts here and do so all the time. It is the selling of aftermarket parts that Traxxas does not permit. Or in your case talk of vehicles from other companies. When you want Burger King do you go to McDonolds to order it?
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    Proof of what you said in the quote provided.
    That was a quote from an opinion. The fact that I said it proves I feel that way I am a bit confussed.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj
    The Pope NJ IMO you have a very odd way of looking at things. We are free to discuss after market parts here and do so all the time. It is the selling of aftermarket parts that Traxxas does not permit. Or in your case talk of vehicles from other companies. When you want Burger King do you go to McDonolds to order it?
    I wasn't discussing them. I posted a list of the r/c's I have in a thread that asked what R/C's do you have. Nearly every post in the thread has none traxxas r/c's in them heck a few guys like myself don't have any traxxas r/c's atm.

Proof of what? And yes you got me I do care. I care about the people who support a company only to have the company treat their customers like this. Like what? Exactly who has done you wrong and how?

The members of this or any forum come together to have open discussion about a product they love. They help one another out and share ideas. That is restricted though when Big Brother is sitting in the room threating to shoot down any idea they don't agree with. At the end of the day it is the members of this comunitte that suffers. The selling is just one thing. It seems you have to pertend that nothing other than traxxas exsists around here. The Rules for participation are clear. When you joined you agreed to abide by them.

I got a warning for posting what rc's I have as I don't have a traxxas anymore because I just sold my PE Revo. That is not a way to treat members let alone new ones. Hmmm - that's a lie. Check your warning log - the thing that still reads "0%" under your name. (You didn't bother to mention there were no points issued, though, did you?) The warning was NOT for posting pictures of your 5 non-Traxxas vehicles.

I was nice about it and even invited the mod to come run with us as he lives very close by. (Invitation was never even acknowlaged though)
    Guilty, though I don't characterize over 1 hours as "very close by."
    Sometimes the squeaky wheel needs some grease, sometimes it just wants to hear itself squeak.