Thread: Maxx wheels

RC Racer

Maxx wheels

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has put maxx wheels on their stampede before. If so, what do I need to do it and does anyone have any pics?

Thanks, Nick.

You need 14mm hexes and yes it has been done many times and if you want wheels/tires that are completely too big and heavy have at it. You will need a bigger/stronger servo to turn those big tires.

You would be better off getting something that was made for those size tires, the pede is just not built for that kind of stress on the axles, linkage, and arms.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Look into the 17mm options. TheJang from urc has been running them with success. I am using his setup with no problems so far, but only time will tell:
    http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/u...uildup5007.jpg
    Check out URC forums for his slash 6b build where he is using a 2s vxl power without the linkage,steering,and driveline failures.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Champion
    I did this a couple of years back and had two problems. The first was steering. The truck had a 645 servo but it wasn't enough to control the Maxx tires during corning. The other problem was gearing. 12/90 with a titan wasn't low enough to keep motor temps below 200F.

It seems like the guys running the Maxx wheels these days have big $$$ servos and 1/8 brushless systems so it can be done. It just takes some $$$ to do it.
    My mother
    Reba Collins 6/30/52 - 3/1/10 1:13pm

RC Racer
    This is my pede with 40 series Mashers and a Castle Creations MMM big 1/8 power. Jang runs his i believe with the VXL3 system so you can have your pick of motor really. I run a 208 oz steering servo with metal gears I got on Ebay for $35. My Castle motor was $90 on Ebay so you can get big power for little money if your ppatient. Everything is brand new as well.

Last edited by kustommaxx; 02-19-2010 at 10:16 AM.
    It might break.... then again it broke....

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Kustom, I really like your truck. Especially the front bumper. Is it custom, or adapted from something else? I use big tires, but the maxx tires are very heavy. I have found that the Hpi dirt bonz are are much lighter than even my holeshot mtr's, which are smaller. I use a mg995 servo from ebay with (supposedly) 208 oz. Is that the one you have? Its not the fastest, but has plenty of power to turn the wheels lock to lock with 12 nimh cells (normally run 2s, but had to try it with the Trinity wild maxx motor and 14.4v). My castle 4600 works fine on 2s and geared 10/58 stays cool at the moment. Found an HR 32p 60 tooth spur that will fit under the gear cover (bowl shaped) that will not interfere with the diff outputs, although I will not use the cover. It is steel and alum, but I may be forced to run it with an 8 tooth pinion (to keep temps down in the summer). I am getting 35mph which is right where I want to be on 2s. A lot of things do need to be accounted for when making these 1/10 trucks go big, but if you don't overdo it, they can be less problematic. Diver error has caused me to break a couple of parts today (was getting some vid footage so I had to push it a bit), but I could have avoided that telephone pole today if I did not hit it airborne, smack dab in the middle of the slash bumper lol. Fiberglass tie bar snapped, but alum bulk is fine. The slash bumper compressed until it hit the tie bar, breaking it). Also if I did not land totally vertical off a jump from 8ft in the air, my swami bar would not have bent.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Racer
    Thanks rag6, the bumper is from FLM it is thier Pede bumper. Those mashers are heavy and yes apparently the HPI tires are actually lighter than the stock 30 series Pede wheels and tires. As for the servo it is very quick here is the linkhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220481888243nI have had good luck with these.
    Last edited by kustommaxx; 02-20-2010 at 11:12 AM.
    It might break.... then again it broke....