RC Competitor

metal gears please...

Hey guys any good ideas on which metal gears to buy, spurs and tranny gears whats the best i can get , i heard robinson racing but on there site nothing is geared towards the summit thanks

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonG
    Hey guys any good ideas on which metal gears to buy, spurs and tranny gears whats the best i can get , i heard robinson racing but on there site nothing is geared towards the summit thanks
    I used their complete metal gear kit for my erevo I am making from a 3.3 revo.
    The tranny is heavier but is completely bullet proof. Kits are a little pricey. Do a search on ebay.

RC Competitor
    thanks ill check it out

RC Competitor
    I forgot to mention im running the mmm in there didnt know if that changes anything

RC Qualifier
    should not. I am running a 6pole motor that has a torque/strength rating between a 1515 and a 1521. The mmm is a horse!!! for sure and the metal gears will let it do its thing. The tranny IS noisy because of metal on metal but hardly and issue with me for the peace of mind of bulletproof. I used a traxxas center diff in it too.

RC Competitor
    Is there any way you can guide me to those gears youve purchased for your revo im not sure what exactly to buy...e.g what sizes,where did you order...not worried bout price just want it to work, or as in your words be "bulletproof"

RC Qualifier

RC Competitor
    thanks a bunch one question though, on the description it says "allows foward operation only", does this mean that reverse no longer will work?

RC Competitor
    sorry to bother again but im trying to figure out what center diff your refering to if i need one i would like to know what it is and where to get one

RC Qualifier
    A data point..

I have a MMM and Neu 1515 (1Y and 2.5D) in all of mine and outside of Robinson Racing Extra Hard Mod .8 pinions I run stock gearing and have never stripped anything.

RC Competitor
    i melted my spur gear i believe cause my slipper wasnt tight enough now i just want to put all metal gears in there but cant find any, the robinson racing kit is only foward, I think, still waiting on some answers for that do you think i need to replace tranny gears or just the spur

RC Qualifier
    jason,
    Yes you give up reverse to get the all metal package. No big deal in a revo but not so in a summit or at least to me anyway. With regard to the center diff. do a search for revo center diff here on the traxxas site. They make them and it is a good option for anyone racing or just bashing if you want to better control wheel spin. It replaces a gear setup inside the revo tranny. Hard to explain you would just have to tear down the tranny in order for me to talk you through it.
    I don't personally think the summit was meant to be a revo so I would not make this conversion in my summit tranny. Two completely different trucks, meant to do different things, apples and oranges, etc comprehenda??

RC Qualifier
    hmmm???? are you guys saying that the gears from the Nitro 3.3 Revo fits in the summit, Erbe, Embe, e-maxx and e-revo withoute some MAJOR modification? just wondering

RC Qualifier
    No I am not saying that. The gear package I linked him to fits the 3.3 revo tranny and makes it bullet proof. I don't know if the 3.3 tranny and the summit are the same. Have not taken the summit tranny out. May do that as a rainy day thing sometime and see.