Thread: 2.8 badlands

RC Racer

2.8 badlands

Just got some 2.8 proline badlands and some imex 2.8 eagle rims to put them on. For the front wheel the hole in the rim is the size of the bearing so that fits in snug but none of my glow plug wrenches or 8mm sockets fit in the hole to tighten the nut. Anyone had this problem? and know of a wrench that fits.. before i start grinding down the outside of one of my wrenches.

Also these tires have the bigger diameter so what gearing is anyone using with these bigger wheels? I was going to try a couple more teeth on the spur (i have 72t spur and have been using 70t) or the traxxas site recommends 2-4 teeth less on the clutchbell with 2.8 talons which i think are a similar size. I am currently using the 2.5 motor but will be changing to the 3.3 soon.

RC Racer
    Got the front wheel nut on. Went to the local hardware and got a cheap 8mm bit to go in a drill or socket driver. Put it in the drill and held it on the angle grinder while spinning. This wore it down enough to fit inside the front wheel to get the nut on.

Guess this is one to watch out for with these rims. I thought jato rims fit straight on a rustler, but i think the jato has the small nut like the rear wheels on the rusty all round and the rustler has the bigger front nut

Anyone got suggestions on gearing??

RC Qualifier
    looks good! wish i could help with gearing. that stuff just doesnt seem to work with me...
    *Signature Pending*