RC Qualifier

resurecting the rustler

whats up fella's its been quite a while. after that miss hap with my 3.3's piston shooting out of my engine ive come to a conclusion that i DO NOT recommend engine modding

anyways, that was about a year ago. at the time i was planning on retrofitting a jato transmission into the rusty:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYdvjUS56hc

it was either going to be done by ^^that method, or since im in machine shop class, i could have a newly designed chassis to accommodate the Jato tranny in the rear be cut out on the CNC plasma cutter and thats what im thinking about doing. and after thats all finished im going to install the hardened steel Jato transmission gears from everythingRC.

the reason i want to do all this was so i could stuff a huge engine into the rustler. something that normally couldnt be handled by the stock 1 speed transmission. and thats what i need help finding. even if i have to install the neweramodels big block .21 conversion.

what i first started to think of was an MR Ninja. since i just want it to go fast as heck, the more RPMs the better.

any input would be great! thanks everyone
    *Signature Pending*

RC Racer
    Sounds interesting keep us updated on how its going. Im no motor expert so cant help there sorry. I remember seeing something about speed runs and which motor on one of these traxxas forums. Did a quick search and couldnt find it. Ill post the link here if i do find it

RC Racer

RC Qualifier
    thanks Ranz! ill definatly keep posted unless i sell the rusty.
    *Signature Pending*

RC Qualifier
    ok i think i got it thought it. after i fix and sell enough XBOX 360's im gonna buy (hopefully) a used Revo 3.3 and an axial .28. drop the 3.3 in the rusty and the axial in the Revo! i like the odds =]]
    *Signature Pending*

RC Qualifier
    I brought this rusty back from the dead . I still need a new power plant but it's almost ready.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Keep the shiny side up!

RC Qualifier
    very nice!
    *Signature Pending*

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, it's been 10 years since I had a nitro rusty.I have had 2 jato's and they are just too dang fast and much more difficult to work on.The rusty is so simple I prefer it over a jato. I have rebuilt this whole car because when I got it there were many issues with it.I don't think there was any part not busted.So after many trips to my local hobby shop I am almost done.
    Keep the shiny side up!

RC Qualifier
    haha i kno that situation all to well. whats gonna really suck though when im in Wyoming is that there isnt a hobby town for atleast 3-4hours!!!! idk how im gonna survive honestly. probably just buy 6 gallons of nitro fuel for a couple months haha.

i totally agree on simplicity of the rustler. and i love that. i mean, remove 5 screws in the front and the whole front end comes off haha. i also like that its lighter. and that still makes me question how the Jato can go faster than it. sure its got the 2 speed, but in a lot of cases it doesnt really help. more or less just forces the engine to take longer when topping out IMO. i just cant wait to get this bad boy running again. im just gonna turn it all aluminum.
    *Signature Pending*