RC Turnbuckle Jr.

After bash pics.

At first I was like:

But then it got warm outside...

Ran several packs yesterday, and let two buddies take off with the slash. We've got a huge gravel lot, with some asphalt to run on.

They did their best to break it... Blew the foam outta both rear tires. Hinge pin backed out, popped the shock caps multiple times. Got almost all the paint off it. Bent an axel.

But, if I plugged it in right now, I'd be RTR.

Today I'll put some aluminum rear shocks, go tire shopping, and probably new stubs and driveshafts.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The more I look, the more impressed I am. Those guys hammered the slash.

RC Qualifier
    Wow it looks like the Manta body has taken a few good beatings
    His: 2 many Mods
    Hers: JC Goosebumps, LVA/2s

RC Qualifier
    Someone didnt use lexan paint, lol
    What am I supposed to write in 50 characters?

RC Qualifier
    you bash like me, LOL, I have yet to bend a shock rod though, Have broken a lot of thing, cracked the rear skid plate today, guesse it was time for RPM anyway

RC Qualifier

OOPS!!
    Slash, Slash 4x4, T-Maxx 3.3, E-Maxx

RC Racer
    awesome bashing!
    Ride it hard ride it fast.

RC Champion
    someone used the wrong paint, and cut their tape lines a little too deep!
    Welcome to Traxxas.com Yes, EVERYONE here IS a Pro Racer.... [/sarcasm]

RC Qualifier
    I disagree with the use of wrong paint. I ONLY use lexan paint on mine (pactra racers finish). I have had the same issues on my bashing bodies (and yes, the bodies were washed, scuffed, washed and then dried). If you bash really hard and the body takes enough of a beating (ie. rocks chipping inside, extreme bends from landing on the body, etc.) the paint will crack and fall off. Paint is only so flexable and will fatigue if beat on enough.
    Nice job on the bashing!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    A trip to the LHS and $55 later...

I got new shoes, and the entire driveshaft setup. Shafts, stubs, yokes. One of my axels is bent, I left it in there for now, but I assembled the new stuff so if it breaks, or I get tired of a wobble in the wheel, I can drop in the new easily.

@TOM95YJ

I'm a little disapointed in how quickly the manta is getting town up. Sure the paint didn't stick, but look at all the cracks! Running high speed in gravel is hard on things. I like the shape of the manta, just wish it was .060.

tst is right, its lexan paint that didn't stick. I washed, scuffed, but painted too thick in 40 degree garage. Also first time using a hobby knife, so the masking got cut deep.

Well I got new shock oil 35f 50r, stole the aluminums from the t-maxx, oiled up the bearings. I'm RTR, Sunday is going to be another hard day for the Slash.
    Last edited by ducati777; 03-06-2010 at 05:58 PM.

RC Racer
    now that's hardcore bashing at its best....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I am loving the dirt hawg tires. They hook really well in gravel, and seem more stable than the anacondas.

Tires were hooking too well really, cutting my run time and making everything hot. I dropped back to 12/58 from 14/58 and the truck ran perfectly.

I had a lot of little bugs though. Gyro came off, broke one of them fancy purple shock shafts without hitting anything and went back to stock. Tires coming off the bead. After the pinion change the pinion walked down the shaft and ate a bit of the spur.

I put the truck in training mode, and its surprisingly fun. 50% throttle on 3s still moves out pretty well. I started putting it in training mode for the first time drivers. I had a 4 year old doing laps around the parking lot. She was a bit too young to appreciate it.

RC Qualifier
    what do you use a gyro for in a truck?

RC Racer
    ah the slash... best $200 i ever spent on an rc. i have only ever broken the front shock tower, and 1 front control arm. all due to my own stupidity. we have a weekly slash bash, and its like a demo derby, problem is the only thing to take damage is the body.. lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My 2nd post, 3rd picture, you can see the aluminum L bracket the gyro is on.

Gyro is a PG-03.

And zero, I totally agree. Truck is silly fun, and while the body looks like heck, the truck is almost always ready for more.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SirJaymz
    what do you use a gyro for in a truck?
    You use it on the steering it helps to keep the truck from spinning out. Look on yourtube for HPI D-Box, same thing.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Champion
    Pactra paints are terrible. I had a few cans, and it chips and cracks off easily 10 times faster than any other paint I've used. Try Faskalor with an Airbrush or Tamiya spray cans.
    BMW E21 323i.. My baby.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    lulz the yellow was tamiya.... the white is rattle can from an auto parts store.

For the gyro, I swear by it. The truck is really difficult to control without it. But with the gyro in, I can accelerate and corner much harder without losing control.