RC Qualifier

fun at a local track? not really

Today i decided to take my merv and summit to a track in a local park, it used to be a skate hockey ring i think. my mom sis and her kids all wanted to go too so we all met there.

There were some nitro cars running around it so i decided to watch for a few before trying mine out. well i cleared my frequency with them and all. got going with my car although I've never tried it in a track before so i knew it wouldn't be pretty, and mine is stock so it doesn't handle like they're purpose built racers.

Well i got going and kept crash, i did call it out so they knew to watch out if i crashed but one of the guys told me if he hit my merv it would get ripped to pieces??? my mom was down by the side and over heard this guy tell his son "i dont know why he brought that out here if you hit it hes going to make us pay to fix it" idk what is wrong with these ppl but they pretty much ran me off.

I SHOULD have took my summit out there after the guy told me his would break my merv and started running theyre crap over(it was in my truck ). BUT i maturely let it slide and took my family to another park where there was a nice empty street and a big hill so i let my mom and sister use my summit while i did some bashing with my merv ^^

btw im 27 so its not like am a little kid they were trying to shew off

RC Qualifier
    i dunno what that guys problem was....... but id have just kept going. every racer/basher i have met has been VERY helpful as i have been for them. i think you found a very insecure person..... and many props to you for handling it the way you did ... im 29 and look 20 so i know ur pain

RC Qualifier
    Maybe they have inhaled too much nitro fuel...

RC Qualifier
    Yeah... Nitro guys like that are like little people in lifted trucks. Compensating for little things
    Traxxas should just cash my checks for me

RC Qualifier
    hey now ........ i think elec VS nitro is like chevy VS ford they each think theirs is best, and each group has "idiots" ( we have censors and filters LOL )

i have both, if anything i think its idiots who think theirs is best that make it bad for the rest of us ..... each "toy" has its pro's and cons and NO SINGLE RC IS SUPERIOR .... ive out raced an ERBE with a $100 off brand nitro piece of crap all bc the owner didnt know how to drive

RC Qualifier
    Oh I'm not saying it's better at all. The attitude that some die hard nitro guys carry about anything electric is a toy. I do have slayer (in parts) and cen pos

RC Qualifier
    To aikin: Well handled buddy, those guys were being completely out of line and at one time or another everyone had to learn to control their trucks, helis, planes, and on-roads. It takes a bit of time to get a good hang of things and learn to keep the shiny side up. I would've just kept on running, and not even worry about what they said. The merv can take a serious beating trust me. If you did end up breaking something, you could always upgrade (the most fun part ). Anyway good job for keeping your composure.

I have a Nitro Maxx 3.3, Nitro HPI Firestorm 10T, Electric Merv VXL, HPI cup racer with a 5700KV Castle combo.

My electrics are really fast... especially the cup racer, its absolutely ridiculous. The merv is so much fun and the no tuning aspect is great, also wheelies on demand.

My nitros are also a lot of fun and there is a great sense of satisfaction on getting the engine tuned to perfection and hearing it scream.

I must admit I started with the T-maxx 3.3 and whenever i saw electrics or read about them i always thought they were more "toy" like. I never really understood what was up the the plastic chassis, and a lot of other plastic parts. After a while the 240Z HPI Cup racer really caught my eye, becasue I really wanted to build a "kit" car rather than an RTR. Let me tell you i ended up have a new respect for electrics. During the winter my T-Maxx had a complete tear down and then decided that I'd still like to bash, and bought a Merv... and this was the best thing I have ever done... its so durable and great handling and so much power, I was in amazement... soon enough I had bought so many parts for it that it surpassed the price of the Maxx.

All in all both nitros and electrics are a lot of fun, they both have their perks and their downsides. I love the both just the same.

RC Qualifier
    Wow...... alot of losers in this hobby I've noticed. Most of the guys I have met at the track and lhs I go to are usually pretty nice, but I have had some bad experiences. Those guys sound like a bunch of jerks, and they should have been helping you out since you were kind of getting started. It seems they think that unless you have top of the line equipment, you suck.
    50 characters? Fail.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvrc
    Oh I'm not saying it's better at all. The attitude that some die hard nitro guys carry about anything electric is a toy. I do have slayer (in parts) and cen pos

lols, so true. People are always impressed by bl electric with lipos though. There are alot of people that stop by to watch the rc cars before they leave from the frisbee golf place right by it, and I usually get comments on my 2wd slash. Can't wait to bring my 4x4 over there
    50 characters? Fail.

RC Qualifier
    I'm a member of another non-rc forum (for coral reef tanks) and there was a thread in the off topic section about RC. I posted that I had a 1/16 slash and basically got laughed right out of the thread by the nitro guys. Now I own a 80mph+ mini revo and will smoke those nitro guys all day long, lol. I'd LOVE to line up against one of those guys with my little 1/16, that would be fun.
    rustler 3s
    merv MMP/NEU 1112 4s
    ERBE 4s

RC Champion
    aikin where are you cause I would come out with my merv and if they say the same I'll bring out my 6s lipo 8ight-T and show em what electric is about
    My car learned how to fly then forgot the landing

RC Qualifier
    challenge him to a straight on drag race. that always wipes the smiles off their faces.

i love wheeling out this innocent looking merv, then putting m (in this case) finger down and just watch the car get smaller and smaller...
    ... oh, and sorry about your wallet

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by midniteTRX
    hey now ........ i think elec VS nitro is like chevy VS ford they each think theirs is best, and each group has "idiots" ( we have censors and filters LOL )

i have both, if anything i think its idiots who think theirs is best that make it bad for the rest of us ..... each "toy" has its pro's and cons and NO SINGLE RC IS SUPERIOR .... ive out raced an ERBE with a $100 off brand nitro piece of crap all bc the owner didnt know how to drive
    Well said, everyone has their opinions, and to each their own, just watch out for the fanaticals and idiots like you said *sigh*. Just enjoy your toys and have fun

Chevy's are the best btw...lol

My 67 Chevelle, sorry for the shameless pic

RC Qualifier
    http://m94.photobucket.com/albumview..._1348.jpg.html

Sorry but my 72 ford ltd eats ss and z28 stoplight to stoplight. Although they eat me on the end of the dragstrip
    Sorry no recent pic she's gunmetal black now with 4:10 rearend and wagon springs to lift the backend up some. She eats gas! A whopping 4 mpg......
    and my merv an msv sit on the back window panel when going to bash or race!
    Last edited by Hvrc; 03-08-2010 at 10:26 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Chevy's are the best btw...lol

My 67 Chevelle, sorry for the shameless pic[/QUOTE]

im a ford man as im building a stang but i love chevels n old camaros thats it so sayign that nice chevelee
    My Spelling Is Bad

My Moma Says Im Special

RC Racer
    Aiken - you did good bro. Handled that like a real adult. Some people are just jerks, and if you call out every jerk you meet in your life you will spend a bunch of time getting into shouting matches and arguments - time you could be spending running your MERV! I try to tell my brother the same thing, but he is a black belt and just looks for opportunities to "counsel" people. Slap some 3s lipos in your MERV and you will probably dust those birds all day long.

Good luck bro! Way to make us all look good!