Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC poster
    Honestly, we don't know, we all worked on the car since he got it.After all the work was done he had it dyno'd and i think it was like 721

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dub c
    this thread reminds me of a bunch of 5 yr old boys sayin... my dad could beat up your dad.

and no. my hemi short bed probley takes about 16 seconds.

I am so glad that this thead is not going this way. An muscle/tuner flame thread. Thanks guys for keeping that out of here. I do love them both.

I will boast this about the subby. You can put the kid in the back seat (via thier own door) and head out in snow (via all season tires) and put some groceries in the not so little trunk area. Is it still called a trunk in a wagon? That is the argument that must be used to talking the wife into the idea of a car you really do not need. I love the new Camaro. It was vetoed before it even hit the lot. Strangly she wants a Charger.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Champion
    My buddy's Trans can do an 8 second easy. He's running a LS1, 12 bolt rear diff, headers, full exhaust, tuned, high fuel injectors, etc.... I have been in the car while he does burnouts on the highway.... while already doing 70.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^ | ||__ DRAGSTER
    |____TRAXXAS ___| ||'|";\..
    |(@)'(@)""*''|(@)(@)***(@)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dragster
    My buddy's Trans can do an 8 second easy. He's running a LS1, 12 bolt rear diff, headers, full exhaust, tuned, high fuel injectors, etc.... I have been in the car while he does burnouts on the highway.... while already doing 70.
    8 seconds in the 1/4 with an LS1 with longtubes, exhaust, tune, and injectors?

Hey...I have some oceanfront property in Arizona for ya.

Last edited by SimpleGreen; 03-14-2010 at 11:19 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I bet that Trans Am doesn't even do 8sec in the 1/8th mile, let alone the 1/4. :rofl:
    Turbo in the front, groceries in the back.

RC Qualifier
    My boss has a 09 zr1. He also has a mustang gt500 with around 890HP at the wheels. He did it in a convertable so its kinda dumb. Kenny bell mammoth supercharger. Cam heads exhaust 4 link suspension. Some bulletproof tranny. Can't think of the name. Micky Thomps cheater slicks putting the power down. He also has a z06, GT500KR and a Shelby p51. They're all scary fast. All over 500. Idk about the Z06 though it might be under.

Just out of curiosity what exactly can it do in 8 seconds? Surely it's not a quarter mile. The long tubes and full exhaust you would be lucky to get 20 hp from combined. The injectors really aren't going to do a while lot in a stock engine, and tuning these cars does very little as well, the motors were set up to run from the factory. I'd be willing to bet he's probably only making about 360-370 max, at the crank. I have an LS1 Camaro and it's fast but not that fast.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC Champion

1730rwhp...

MRPSI SPECS

Engine: 416ci Small Block Chev
    Block: DART Iron Eagle (prepped by HPF)
    Crank: 3.875" Crower
    Heads: Brodix BD2000 Symmetrical port - Prepared by Higgins race Heads, 70cc Chamber
    Rocker Gear: T&D
    Conrods: Oliver 6.125" HD Series
    Pistons: 4.125" Forged CP
    Camshaft: HPF Spec Solid Roller
    Head Gaskets: Custom HPF Copper with S/S O-ring

Intake / Exhaust
    HPF Custom sheet metal intake manifold
    105mm Throttle Body
    Custom HPF Intercooler piping
    ARE Dry Ice intercooler
    Vortech Mondo BOV
    HPF Custom turbo manifolds
    2 x Garret GT47 Turbos
    2 x Tial 46mm External Wastegates
    HPF Custom 4" Dump pipes into HPF twin 4" exhaust system

Fuel System
    2 x Billet fuel rails
    1 x Aeromotive belt pump billet fuel pressure regulator
    1 x 800hp Bosch primer pump
    8 x Bosch Indy 120lb fuel injectors
    8 x 42lb Siemens fuel injectors
    1 x SX Mechanical fuel pump
    30 Litre fuel cell
    Sunoco Max Nos fuel

Engine Management: Motec M800

Ignition
    Motec CDI
    8 x Motec Coils
    ICE Ignition Leads

Driveline
    Textralia Triple Plate Clutch

Ahahaha, good god. I'm curious to know more about the housing specs on those Garretts.
    Six in a row makes it go.

RC Qualifier
    Sweet ute.

RC Champion
    I never ran the 1/4 but I think this would have been in the 10 sec range..
    #3 R.I.P DALE you are missed- when you are old enough to vote then you can tell me what i should or should not do. traxxas models - 4wd s maxx w/3.3 axles & carriers,turnbuckles: 1st gen revo w/ a 3.3: blast boat: t maxx 3.3: nitro 4 tec: nitro rustler. "ME" for president.

RC Qualifier
    i have a buddy that has a top fuel dragster it has about 8,000 Hp when running on 80% nitro.... o and its street legal now too he put a plate on it from his mom's mini van. its so much fun to be sitting in it at a light and revv it up and it blows nitro in everyone's faces and people cant see any more and it burns there noses.... then when the light turns green we always burn a little rubber so the guy behind us cant see...... its awesome !!!
    Rustler VXL SPC Power
    4-tec 5700K MM SPC Power

RC Qualifier
    its a nitro pipe lol
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-15-2010 at 07:38 PM.
    Rustler VXL SPC Power
    4-tec 5700K MM SPC Power

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by I sniff Nitro
    its a nitro pipe lol
    what ever pipe it is, it's still time to put it down........there's no way a top fuel dragster could navigate the tight turns of a city street..
    #3 R.I.P DALE you are missed- when you are old enough to vote then you can tell me what i should or should not do. traxxas models - 4wd s maxx w/3.3 axles & carriers,turnbuckles: 1st gen revo w/ a 3.3: blast boat: t maxx 3.3: nitro 4 tec: nitro rustler. "ME" for president.

RC Qualifier
    OK , this was an good thread for a while. 8000 ponies gets a rebuild every 1/4 mile . So they must stop at every light and go through the engine.
    Keep the shiny side up!

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE]what ever pipe it is, it's still time to put it down........there's no way a top fuel dragster could navigate the tight turns of a city street../QUOTE]

[QUOTE]OK , this was an good thread for a while. 8000 ponies gets a rebuild every 1/4 mile . So they must stop at every light and go through the engine./QUOTE]

i was just joking.... i know a real dragster can not drive in the city streets... but hey its amazing they are able to re-build that whole engine in under 90 min.... that would be an awesome job...

edit... did not quote that right
    Rustler VXL SPC Power
    4-tec 5700K MM SPC Power

RC Qualifier
    My post was deleted due to a drug reference. Awesome.

Next time I'll tell you to put down the kool-aide for saying you could run a top fuel car on city streets. Good to hear you were joking.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by turbowop
    : Good to hear you were joking.
    ya i am not too dumb.... i am just a big fan of them. i have been going to IRP for the US nationals since i was 8
    Rustler VXL SPC Power
    4-tec 5700K MM SPC Power

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    We have an 8 second street car. 1974 Chevy Vega, blown 383 stroker. Took it out to the supermarket the other day and got some grocieries .

PBO, your my idol.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Champion
    10 sec street cars are pretty common these days. I've built a few of them myself and it's pretty easy to do. A pretty basic 408 SBF or 383 SBC with a few pounds of boost from a decent turbo will put the average sized car in 10's on pump gas.

A few years back I built a 79 RX7 with a 383 SBC and a single 76mm Holset. With a poor tune on an old gen6 DFI (no way to easily check A/F ratio) it ran 10.30's. A swap to Hardcore racing 415, a F.A.S.T. EFI system and 21lbs of boost put it in the 8's pretty consistently. I was also asked to leave the track pretty consistently as the car only had a pretty basic 6 point cage.

My current ride is an 80 cutlass. Looks 100% stock right down to the factory met brown paint with tan vinyl half roof. The 415 SBC from the RX7 is under the hood but it's now running a pair of 66mm Garrets at a more reasonable 10 lbs of boost for the street and the same 21 lbs at the track. It's gone 10.50 @ 124 on 10 lbs. I'm keeping the race tune numbers to myself.

As for the white supra in the video. I know the owner of that car and it is completely street legal and passes emissions. For a long time it was common to see it on the street and at car shows around here. I haven't seen the car in the last year or so but from what I've heard he still owns it.

There also seems to be a lot of misconceptions about lag and spool time. It is true that turbo cars with large turbine housings due suffer from lag but with all of the options out there these days getting the correct sized housing is pretty simple if you know what you need. The old Holset on my RX7 had a 1.25A/R on the exhaust and it was pretty lazy even with 383 inches. The 66's on the Cutlass have .58 A/R's and they spool instantly. The car feel more like a huge big block than a small block turbo car. Ive actually considered going up on the turbine A/R to tame beast a little as getting it to put power down is difficult.

There is also this fun little toy called a transBreak. This eliminates all of you concerns about lag regardless of the size of the housing.
    Last edited by john01374; 03-16-2010 at 10:07 AM.
    My mother
    Reba Collins 6/30/52 - 3/1/10 1:13pm

RC Racer
    Here is a video I filmed a few weeks ago. 8 second street legal daily driver!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS0SVhxo0hM
    Summit MMM
    http://www.facebook.com/jguynes

There's got to be a lot more in that etc to get 8 secs in the 1/4 mile and definitely not with those tires on either.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    Yep I second you Nitro about that Trans-AM.
    E-Maxx | T-Maxx 3.3 | (2) MERV's | YZ250F

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    There's got to be a lot more in that etc to get 8 secs in the 1/4 mile and definitely not with those tires on either.

I'll agree that Trans Am is not running 8's with those tires on the rear but I'll never judge a book by it cover. A good friend of mine has a 2002 SS Camaro that looks 100% stock and runs 8.50's. He drives it to the track on the stock wheels and tires then swaps on the Mickeys. If you don't know where to look for the intercooler (Air to water in the hatch area) you'd never guess it's an 8 second car.

My cutlass looks like a typical Grandma mobile and clicks off 10's run after run without breaking a sweat. When a friend rented the track last fall I drove to the track on cheap 255/50/15 BFG radial T/A's (not the drag radial) and ran 11.90 at 125mph less than 10 mins after coming off the HWY with no changes. Putting the Mickeys back on it and we're back in the 10's
    My mother

Hey Here's a pic of my 74 Duster w/426 Hemi, Dad worked for TRW so all the internals were of coarse TRW (at cost no less), 11.5:1 compression, Borg Warner S-T10 tranny (big mod to make that work but worked well) and Daytona lightning sticks for shifting, Detroit locker 3:88 gears in the rear, tubbed the rear wheel wells to support the tires, Coni shocks, Dual 550 CFM Carter carbs with mechanical linkage, dual feed fual lines and dual fuel pumps, microswitch engaged the second fuel pump off the linkage when you hit the throttle. Weineramer 1/4 rise tunnel ram. Direct Connection electronic ignition that you could adjust the timing from inside the drivers compartment. Long tube headers cut through the firewall for room. Electric water pump and cooling fan assisting the flex fan. It even had A.C.

With the Indiana Gumbo's on the rear my best time on pure gas (OK AVGas with that compression) 9.7's in the 1/4 and yup.... Street legal..

Mind you this was back in 1979, and I held the 1/4 mile bracket revcord at Hollywood international raceway for 1 year for my class.

Here's my 75 Camaro LT1, Edelbrock heads, Isky Cam, Turbo 400 tranny, Velocity stack on w/a Holly 750 cfm and Edlbrock torqer intake, Hooker headers, but basically stock block, 11.5's in the 1/4 but rode like it was on rails.....

Last edited by Nitronaught; 03-19-2010 at 07:37 PM.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Champion
    there is a guy here in the town i live in that has an old mg midget with a new chevy 572 bb in it, there is also a hotel owner here who has a twin turbo charged 800+ hp v10 viper, yes they both are street legal but i have no clue what they run. just thought it was interesting enough to share.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    Try the 8s..documented and completely street legal...

I just threw a party for this team from California...

Full interior and no need for burnouts...and 'decent' milage when not in the boost lol...Quarter in 8.9 secs...0-60 in 1.9 secs.

Last edited by PhotoPunk; 03-21-2010 at 11:00 AM.
    Plethora of brushless stupidity.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    Hey Here's a pic of my 74 Duster w/426 Hemi, Dad worked for TRW so all the internals were of coarse TRW (at cost no less), 11.5:1 compression, Borg Warner S-T10 tranny (big mod to make that work but worked well) and Daytona lightning sticks for shifting, Detroit locker 3:88 gears in the rear, tubbed the rear wheel wells to support the tires, Coni shocks, Dual 550 CFM Carter carbs with mechanical linkage, dual feed fual lines and dual fuel pumps, microswitch engaged the second fuel pump off the linkage when you hit the throttle. Weineramer 1/4 rise tunnel ram. Direct Connection electronic ignition that you could adjust the timing from inside the drivers compartment. Long tube headers cut through the firewall for room. Electric water pump and cooling fan assisting the flex fan. It even had A.C.

With a very similar setup, my 1974 Dart Sport(440 not hemi) ran 9.7s 140mph on engine alone. Almost completely street legal, and very drivable. In order to pass the state inspection for an assembled vehicle I had the cut the wires that ran to the nitrous solenoid. With the tires I had to run on the street, I would be lucky to break 11 as it just wouldn't hook.
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PBO
    This is the RE070...stickiest, cornering device I've ever used!

That's a shame. There are a whole WORLD of tires out there better than the RE070. The Z1 Star Spec, for one.

My old car probably would have done 10's. It was a 1994, 400whp, 420ft-lbs Subaru Legacy. Tons of fun. I sold it to a friend so I could pay for a trip to Japan with my then-girlfriend (now wife...). His brother borrowed it without asking, and rolled it down a ravine while driving blind-drunk in West Virginia.

Hardly a practical car. It got gallons to the mile, not the other way round. Plus, it had a dogbox in it. I don't mind driving one of those every day, but my definition of "Street Legal" is "Valet-able". I'm not going to lump up to the Four Seasons and toss the keys to a 16 year old.

My current car, a 2009 Subaru Outback XT, is far more subtle. Only mods are loud horns and a set of one-off prototype coilovers. Chances are, it'll stay that way for quite some time to come.
    Last edited by BAC5.2; 03-22-2010 at 05:49 AM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by redemption
    8 second street car. He threw his family in the car and drove it down to Texas from Chicago to race a Venom twin turbo Viper and cleaned him. All he does at the track is put his 9'' slicks on. I don't even think he owns the car anymore.

This is not the Viper run but you will get his point lol.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/Toyo...n-845_1052.htm
    Marco's old car. Really did alot for the surpa world, it was for sale under a different owner. Now 6 speed supras are going that fast and faster.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TRYIT
    Marco's old car. Really did alot for the surpa world, it was for sale under a different owner. Now 6 speed supras are going that fast and faster.

Marco sold the car? I guess that's why I haven't seen it in a year or so....
    My mother

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by john01374
    Marco sold the car? I guess that's why I haven't seen it in a year or so....
    Yes I belive longer then that. An old man bought it put wood trim in the car, I guess he had a big collection of cars. A guy whose in med school bought it and its for sale now.

RC Qualifier
    You want to see a sick supra Check this out V12 Supra 420km top speed=260.9mph
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Qr6IZF14Y

Or this the Atom 0-60 2.9s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWoo82zNUA
    summit, vxl merv,65mph club
    Oh No I Use Acronyms

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakushan
    Here is a video I filmed a few weeks ago. 8 second street legal daily driver!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS0SVhxo0hM
    That car has never gone 8's I follow the viper community pretty closely. I see your from Rice Killer, IIRC rickys car went 8's beore but Hollywoods never has.

RC Qualifier
    Keep the shiny side up!

RC poster

RC Racer
    oooooohhhhhhhh sick burn low five
    what smells like supdawg???

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PBO

1730rwhp...
    Psha!!! My monkey on his unicycle is maknig 1731whp!!!

But seriously, sweet Ute!!

I got a friend who has, which I believe is a '70, Chevelle SS 454, 100shot NOS, estimated to be about 800whp with NOS, 3 inch dual exhaust, 3.73 rear end, 4 speed tranny. That's all I know, I don't know specifics. We're sure it would run low 10's high 9's, but it's never been to the track so we can't say for sure. But sadly, he's trying to sell it so he can get the new Camaro SS. I believe he is swapping the 454 with a 402 before he sells it, so he can keep the 454 with NOS for his Vega.
    Its a bird, its a plane...nope just my rusty

RC Racer
    These are the F.A.S.T cars Factory Appearing Stock Tire.
    Stock intake and exhuast manifolds running on stock 70 polly glass tires, some of these cars are running in the mid to low tens. Best drag racing around IMO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGaC96Q_Wbw

Lot of people claiming they have cars that run ten's or better, but I don't see any cages in them 10.99 or faster is a 5 to 6 point cage, 9.99 or faster is a full cage NHRA rules at NHRA sanctioned tracks. A good friend of mine in 1987 snapped an axles about 120 ft. out, car was running 9.80 he hit the wall and the car rolled over 5 times and slid on the roof, 72 Nova was a total loss, and was an eye opener for me. I would never drive a car that goes mid 11 or better with out some cage protection.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by slash racer
    These are the F.A.S.T cars Factory Appearing Stock Tire.
    Stock intake and exhuast manifolds running on stock 70 polly glass tires, some of these cars are running in the mid to low tens. Best drag racing around IMO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGaC96Q_Wbw

Lot of people claiming they have cars that run ten's or better, but I don't see any cages in them 10.99 or faster is a 5 to 6 point cage, 9.99 or faster is a full cage NHRA rules at NHRA sanctioned tracks. A good friend of mine in 1987 snapped an axles about 120 ft. out, car was running 9.80 he hit the wall and the car rolled over 5 times and slid on the roof, 72 Nova was a total loss, and was an eye opener for me. I would never drive a car that goes mid 11 or better with out some cage protection.
    Some tracks just dont care. Theres an event at my home track In Detroit where the cars dont even have to have cages, its aimed at getting the street racers off the streets, its a no et event.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast