Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 47 of 47
  1. #41
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    559
    I did mine with all stock stuff. I cut the steering arm off and made a spacer out if it. Now I have more adjustbilty and it looks stock and is stronger then the all rpm deal and it uses the stock arms

  2. #42
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer17 View Post
    I did mine with all stock stuff. I cut the steering arm off and made a spacer out if it. Now I have more adjustbilty and it looks stock and is stronger then the all rpm deal and it uses the stock arms
    Using bigger rims would be fine. But for the 1/16th wheels, the inside of the rims can't pass the blue bolt whilst turning.

  3. #43
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    559
    LOL what are you talking about??? this is a stock jato with stock jato tires and wheels.
    Mind_Reader7;5420728]Using bigger rims would be fine. But for the 1/16th wheels, the inside of the rims can't pass the blue bolt whilst turning.

  4. #44
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer17 View Post
    LOL what are you talking about??? this is a stock jato with stock jato tires and wheels.
    Sorry, I should clarify.

    In the original post, he's using the 1/16th Proline beadlocks. He is also using RPM A arms, which he didn't list. You cannot use the 1/16th Proline beadlocks with the stock A arms and this mod.

  5. #45
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    559
    Ok now it makes senes. Yes your correct
    Quote Originally Posted by Mind_Reader7 View Post
    Sorry, I should clarify.

    In the original post, he's using the 1/16th Proline beadlocks. He is also using RPM A arms, which he didn't list. You cannot use the 1/16th Proline beadlocks with the stock A arms and this mod.

  6. #46
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jjlogue3 View Post
    I did this mod about a year or so ago and took all the pictures with my cell phone and the pics were horrible! Here is an updated version of it and I can say that I have been running this mod for a while and have no complaints. It works awesome and wheels and tire choices are awesome! I am currently running the Proline Titus beadlocks (p/n-2713-1x) with Dirt Hawg tires (p/n-1071-00) or as a combo (p/n-1071-13) but I haven't really ran them yet as I am still in the break in stage of my new TRX 3.3.

    Here is the shopping list-

    RPM Electric Rustler Caster Blocks 30 Degree p/n 80712

    RPM Electric Rustler Front Bearing Carriers p/n 80372

    Traxxas Suspensionn Pins 2.5x31.5mm w/ e-clips p/n 3740

    Traxxas Electric Rustler Front Axels p/n 3637

    Traxxas Hexes and Axel Pins p/n 3654

    5x11x4mm Bearings


    Ok now with the mod!
    Here is the before picture with the stock setup-




    Pic with replaced parts removed-



    Difference between the two spindles-



    Drilling out the bottom of the new caster (where a-arm connects) with a 1/8" drill bit-



    Installation pics-






    Finished product-

    Could I get these to work on my jato 3.3?

  7. #47
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Burglebigsby View Post
    Could I get these to work on my jato 3.3?
    Well I can post pics. But it's the red aluminum 30degeree with bearings and all.. ? Is for the rustler or stampede

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •