RC poster

Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition

I must have been real lucky to find a Slash Platinum Edition yesterday. I did have to do some looking and found one in PA at a store called Endless Sports. They shipped it to me for $389.00 which I received today. I have never been a fan of Traxxas but they have come a long way and really did there homework on the Slash 4x4 Platinum. Has anyone found any weak points on this truck I should be aware of so I can have spare parts on hand. Thanks.

RC Enthusiast
    seen one sitting on the shelf at our lhs this weekend. I could see if it is available still and grab for someone if their interested.

sorry realdeal176, didn't mean to hijack your thread. the title just made me think of it.

RC Qualifier
    Spare parts would be relative to the type of driving you plan on doing and the battery(power) you plan on supplying.
    4x4 PE & Beyond...

RC Qualifier
    Theres one on market place its basically new and has a few upgrades including MMM 1/8 esc VXL motor
    summit, vxl merv,65mph club
    Oh No I Use Acronyms

RC Racer
    Rear axle stubs bend and break easily. The slipper assy has a plastic bushing and a bearing that get subject to failures. The VXL brushless system gets pretty warm running on 3 cell batteries.
    Read up, there are good fixes available for these few problems.
    Have fun!!
    CasGar Bashers UnInc.
    Est. '02
    a.k.a garcol

RC Qualifier
    Congrats on your purchase and good price. I got me PE for $479 on E-Bay. No regrets. I currently painting the lid. I'll post pics later. Enjoy your PE. I'm running 2S Lipos with a 18 Pinion.....must faster than the stock. I also have a 19 pinion that I may try later. I'll see how the heats issues.
    FangsCPO
    "How fast was I going Officer?" Wow?

RC Competitor
    Nice find!!

I guess it was a lucky day as I found another Platinum at my LHS as well.

Slash PE number 2 will be here tomorrow, let the fun begin!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    I see the RTR's and PE's in my LHS's (yesterday actually). I think the on-line prices are being driven up by the folks who ordered from Tower and had to wait 4 months+ then they got frustrated. I bought my PE 6 weeks ago on eBay for $380 delivered, now they are getting out of hand.

RC poster
    lol i did the same thing today there was one sitting on the shelf at the lhs so i bought it. Its my third one