RC Qualifier

stampede vs rustler

ok so i think i have a deal for a rustler vxl should i make the stampede a vxl or the rustler i would use it for bashing they both have the metal transimssion
    what would good gearing be what is stock gearing thanks

RC Racer
    Which one do you use more?

The rustler has a wider stance so it will handing the high speed turning much better than the stampede.. however the stampede is tons of fun too

RC Qualifier
    im buying a rustler that is vxl i havent used it before so idk

RC Qualifier
    I don't really understand the question because I can't understand the grammar. Please take the time to put in maybe punctuation?
    MERV
    Stampede XL-5

RC Qualifier
    What car should be vxl, rustler or stampede. i am geting a deal on a rustler with a vxl system what sould have the vxl?

RC Racer
    So basicly.

You currently have a stock Stampede running the stock brushed motor. And you are buying a Rustler running the VXL system.

You want to know what truck to run the VXL system in?

If this is the case it comes down to what you prefer, Which one your going to enjoy more having the higher speeds in.

Ideally the stampede and Rustler are two different kits. One is a monster truck the other is a stadium truck.

They both bash very similar however the rustler has a wider stance so it has less chance of rolling over going into a turn at high speed.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by stampede@13
    What car should be vxl, rustler or stampede. i am geting a deal on a rustler with a vxl system what sould have the vxl?
    When you buy it.. run it the way you plan too.. Then pull the VXL and toss it into the Stampede and run it. Then decide which one gave you the pleasures you where looking for... Chances are you will be out buying another VXL system for the other kit

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by michael_lambert
    Chances are you will be out buying another VXL system for the other kit
    That was my exact thought when I first saw this thread.

I would imagine the VXL would be slightly more controllable in the Rustler.

Most of the time I have more fun with the rubber side of my truck facing down. Therefore you could say that controllable power may be more fun. With that being said ridiculously over powered little trucks that roll, wheelie, tip, and walk are really a blast as well.

The final verdict:
    Run it in the Rustler as long as you can stand it. This will give you a nice intro to the VXL power delivery. Get some good batteries! Then once you have figured out how to make that trigger finger keep the front wheels down, then put it in the Stampede with a 3s lipo just to try it.

The entire switch should take less than 45 minutes. I enjoy working on trucks as much as I do running them, so I would probably be switching it every other weekend just to have fun and try something different.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by davidib
    Please take the time to put in maybe punctuation?
    Speaking of grammar..........
    Hi, I'm Norm! The enemy of the platypus is man.

RC Qualifier
    If you run it in a rustler you will go faster.
    MERV
    Stampede XL-5

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbutt
    Speaking of grammar..........
    LOL!
    Ok maybe it was a little paradox but who cares? Wait. I just condtradicted my self again. Wait. That isn't how you spell contradicted!! Who cares...wait...I just contradicted myself again. Ok...forget it.

so...yea
    MERV
    Stampede XL-5

RC Champion
    I have a Pede vxl and just switched all my stuff over to the Rusty chassis. I am hoping to get a Rusty body off of Ebay. The Rusty handles way better on-road than the Pede. I'm going to use the Talons from my Pede for ground clearance. I was getting tired of the wheelies and my neighbors have brushless MERVs, so this levels the playing field a little.
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC Racer
    Run it in the rustler for now.

Extend your Stampede 2 inches run Emaxx bodies, put on 17mm Hub adapters and run 1/8th truggy tires.. And man you will have a blast

RC Racer
    The problem is people buy kits and get annoyed when they can not run them the way they want.

Buying a monster truck and complain it does not handle well doing 65mph on pavement. Buying a short track truck and complaining it does not run through long grass.

Not saying its happening here but i was at the local shop yesterday and some kid brought back his Mini revo, and when asked why he was returning it he said he did not work right. His buddy and him where running at a construction site and his buddy was able to run faster and with less problems than him so he wanted his money back. When the shop owner asked what his buddy was running he told him a Savage Flux! Ummm.. Gee i wonder why his buddy was bale to rip through a construction site ( I have never seen one smooth enough for a min anything ) and run faster than him!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I have both a VXL rusty and a VXL pede. The rusty is REALLY fun when you can go REALLY fast, but for bashing I still prefer my pede. It wheelies and can be smashed around. Its just a fun truck. The rusty is also fun, but it stays on the ground more, isnt as happy hitting bigger obstacles and... this may sound strange, but is easier to drive, which takes away some of the challenge.
    I ran my talons from my pede on my rusty, and proline 30 series badlands on my pede. For both trucks, this is the way to go IMO if your not just ripping around a track.
    Like eclipse said, it takes like 30 minutes to swap. So try both and decide after.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by stampede@13
    ok so i think i have a deal for a rustler vxl should i make the stampede a vxl or the rustler i would use it for bashing they both have the metal transimssion
    what would good gearing be what is stock gearing thanks

This is not a flaming or thread hijack just a Friendly reminder to check feedback on Market Place before you seal the deal then lose hard earned money

Personally i like the stampede. i own a stampede VXL and it's fast, not extremely stable which adds to the challenge/fun of driving it. but my Brother has an older electric Rustler he has tuned the suspension to hit concrete speed bumps at full speed and not move an inch the suspension absorbs it and the truck doesn't go flying in the air it is a sweet setup
    summit, vxl merv,65mph club
    Oh No I Use Acronyms

RC Qualifier
    i've owned both Rustler and Stampede and i seemed to break the rustler a lot more often
    crawl-bash-swim. The Summit does it all.

RC Qualifier
    I think it wIll stay in the rustler and raise the height of it

RC Racer
    I originally owned a Stampede and loved it, then started hating it when it flipped over on pavement all the time.

So I was stupid and bought a Rustler VXL and loved it, then hated how it would never wheelie when I wanted it to.

Now I'm back to the Stampede, and I'm loving it. I'm actually knowledgeable in setting my suspension and toe/camber angles to get it to handle the way I want it. It doesn't flip over on pavement anymore unless I want it to. And when you jack it all the way up and run it off road, it soaks up bumps like a sponge and looks good doing it - something the Rustler can never do.

RC Qualifier
    how can you get it to do that that is what i want mine to do