RC Competitor

lowest KV for a sidewinder

I am happy with my 5700KV sidewinder set up, but I managed to brake my stock chassis so I have cut out a new one from lexan.

Its now 12" long and I am still in the process of making my DIY aluminium arms that will be 1" wider each side.

If finish these arms I am gonna try some 1/8th scale wheels, so I was wondering if anyone has any idea how low in KV I can go on a sidewinder ESC, but also what is the highest KV I could get away with with 1/8th wheels lol hope that makes sense.

I was thinking something like this perhaps?
    http://*********.com/*********/store...hless_Inrunner

RC Racer
    4600 is the lowest kv motor for the sidewinder. I use a Fieago 9L and a hobby wing 80 amp esc with 4s lipo. Its an in expensive, fast and dependable. 9L is 2731kv and the 10, 11, 12L are lower kv. Check Kershaw designs good prices and service.
    It might break.... then again it broke....

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    You can use lower than 4600kv with a sidewinder. I have used 1700 for a crawling application and a velineon 3300 with good results. You are limited to 5700ish on the upper end, but as for lower end, go as low as you want. You are limited to 3s lipo on voltage.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Competitor
    That's great, I know they are only sold as 4600 and 5700KV set ups, but I was thinking why can I not go lower

3s would be the max I know but I would be more than happy with that, I only have 2S lipos as it is anyway.

guess HK might get some more money from me