RC Turnbuckle Jr.

"Addicted" on TLC

Anyone watch this show? It's about people who are addicted (obviously...) to drugs and/or alcohol. It's pretty hard to watch. I'm anti-drinking/doing drugs as it is, but this just makes me cringe. It makes me sad too because I know some of my friends and people in my class will end up like these people...
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Champion
    yeah thats a crazy show, i myself have never done drugs and never will plan to. There are alot of people at my school who will sadly end up like that aswell
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Qualifier
    Yup.....I also like 'Intervention' on A&E...that is an excellent use for a true 'reality' show. It shows what REALLY goes on with addiction...not glamourize it like in most movies.

If you ever start thinking about experimenting, watch these shows...it'll change your mind.

Plethora of brushless stupidity.

RC Qualifier
    I kinda like the show intervention too, it is sad to see that in 8th Grade I know the majority of people who will probally start experimenting in highschool whith various things, heck i know one right now that his family's farm in Ohio is like this at night, what goes on at the campfire stays at the campfire. There are many other things that i cuold tell but i won't too keep this short.
    -greg
    i am the most modest man, thats why im better

RC Champion
    ive not seen addiction, but i have seen intervention. while it is crazy to watch and should be a detourantto anyone wanting to try drugs, the best thing about that show is that A&E is offering huge money to get these people into treatment and help save their lives (obviously they cant do what they do forever) i also ilike taht it shows the reality of addiction, wether or not they people stay sober after treatment. many do not...

if you want to see addiction at its finest. look at cigarrette smokers.
    is there an 'AA' for RC addicts?

RC Qualifier
    ...another show on A&E is "The First 48"...it's like Cops but for murders/homicides/etc...

The more you watch, the more you realize that the majority of the murders that happen end up being drug related.

Plethora of brushless stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoPunk
    The more you watch, the more you realize that the majority of the murders that happen end up being drug related.
    A good/valid argument for the decriminalization of certain drugs.
    99%er

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I am a Certified Substance ABuse Counselor and like the show very much. I have a lot of first-hand experience dealing with people addicted to alcohol/drugs and heard the reasons why they are doing it. It's sad.............................
    Brushless Emaxx
    Brushless Kyosho ST RR
    Supermaxx

RC Qualifier
    watch the Allison episode its hilarious the one whose addicted to office duster and has a really annoying voice. That show makes me mad. Half those fools on the show have everything i always wanted from life. Its hard to feel bad for them. i guess some people are just never happy
    E REVO 3.3 t maxx wheels/tires 80a 2330kiv ezrun

RC Champion
    hey ohio, where in OH are you
    As of 4-1-10 im back in the rc scene

RC Qualifier
    bellevue oh brok3n
    E REVO 3.3 t maxx wheels/tires 80a 2330kiv ezrun