RC Competitor

pre load on proline shocks

how much preload are you guys adding to the proline shocks, cant seem to get the right set up to keep me from nose diving on big jumps, have 50 wt front and 45 in the rear

RC Qualifier
    Use more throttle off the lip, 30-50% or more. I don't have mine preloaded more than 1/4 inch w/ 45wt.
    4x4 PE & Beyond...

RC Racer
    When you say Big jumps are you referring to distance or height?

Your oil weight is really not going to do much for going into the jump for for the impact on the landing.

Nose diving typically comes from those who tend to keep on the gas going off the jump, the power to the rear tires tend to kick off the end and pull the front end down.

You want to ensure your going into the jump at max speed then let off and roll off the jump to keep yourself straight.. Then throttle /brake to correct in the air.

RC Competitor
    thanks thats about what i have it set at handles track and small to medium jumps great will try more last second throttle

RC Racer
    I have found more "Last second throtle" to be more an issue than a helper. Expesially with 4x4.. On 2 wheel drive never an issue.

I find on the 4x4 the throttle going off the lip tends to lift the front end, slamming more down on the rear end ( loading the springs ) then the springs on the rear end are kicking up going over the lip causing the front end to nose dive.

RC Qualifier
    Keep the throttle constant and smooth.
    4x4 PE & Beyond...

RC Racer
    how much preload are you guys adding

0 in the rear and about 4mm up front with 55f/50r for shock oil. Hole number 2 on the a arms, counting from the inside out. Center holes on the tower.

Jumps great.

Like they are saying. Dont leave the jump face at full throttle and don't let off the thottle once you're airborne.