RC poster

Multifunction Knob Setup Help

I"m having trouble understanding and setting up the multifunction knob. I understand the individual features (steering %, sensitivity, etc) but need a little explanation on setting each one up.

I'm looking at the menu tree here and the formula chart, and my question is; when do you use the multifunction knob to set each parameter? The first row on the chart is steering sensitiviy; 2nd row is throttle sensitivity, then steering dual rate, and so on.

Not until you get to the 5th line, "set multifunction knob for throttle trim", does it say to adjust knob until the LED turns solid green.

So when are you supposed to use the knob to adjust each different parameter?

RC Qualifier
    I'll watch for a reply too ... it is very confusing. Do you only have the menu tree card? If so, that IS NOT ENOUGH. Go to the Slash and look at the new Slash owners manual. Go to pages 27, or is it 28-31 for more info. PRINT IT! Good luck and if you find the secret ... share it. Do not ignore those of us that tried to help!
    US Navy retired, now - FAA air traffic controller

RC poster
    I do have all the "setup pages", but for example, here is a copy of the text to set the steering dual rate %, but it does not say WHEN to use the multi knob to actually SET the rate. Step 5 says it has been selected, OK, how do you "set" the dual rate. Step 6 returns to driving mode.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Below is an example of how to access a function in the menu tree. In the example, the user is setting the Multi-Function knob to be a steering Dual Rate control.
    To set the Multi-Function knob to control STEERING DUAL RATE (%):
    1. Switch the transmitter on
    2. Press and hold MENU until the green LED lights. It will blink in single
    intervals.
    3. Press SET. The red LED will blink in single intervals to indicate Steering
    Dual Rate has been selected.
    4. Press MENU twice. The red LED will blink three times repeatedly to
    indicate Steering Percentage has been selected.
    5.Press SET to select. The green LED will blink 8 times fast to indicate
    successful selection.
    6. Press and hold MENU to return to driving mode.

RC Qualifier
    Agree, that is the EXACT reason I said I'll be watching! When you said the menu tree, I thought you were only using that little quick menu CARD! My radio was NIB but did not come with the full thing, only the card. I'm waiting with you!
    US Navy retired, now - FAA air traffic controller

RC poster

Anyone?

No one here knows? I've kept trying to set the parameters, but they don't take. I know it's probably something simple, but I just can't pinpoint.

Anyone?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by turkeyman
    No one here knows? I've kept trying to set the parameters, but they don't take. I know it's probably something simple, but I just can't pinpoint.

Anyone?
    Between step 5 and 6 for the example you provided.

RC poster
    deleted the post
    Last edited by RaGiN Z; 06-14-2011 at 05:40 PM.

i think when you set the knob, only the last one programmed is changeable when its all set.
    So if you set dual rate, then switch to running mode you can control dual rate.
    If you set dual rate then set throttle trim then switch to running mode throttle trim can be adjusted by the knob as that was the last one adjusted in programming.
    So whatever is set last, can be adjusted by the knob in running mode.

RC Racer
    Ya, when you press set when one is selected (maybe throttle trim for instance), you are just setting the knob. Then you can exit out of the tree and adjust whatever you need adjusting. Or, after you set the multifunction knob, I've noticed you can stay in the menu tree and adjust whatever is selected, so if you need to set the knob to something else you don't have to go back through the menu tree a whole bunch of times.