RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Chose my graduation present!

My dad took me to the gun store yesterday to look at and hold my graduation present! It's a .22 Ruger Mark III Hunter. I've been around guns my whole life, my dad shoots all kinds of target pistols (especially .22LR, our mutual favorite) as well as trap and skeet and I've always wanted my own gun. Now I've been deemed "of age" and responsible in gun handling and safety to have my own gun by my old man! So I told him this was the gun I wanted. I've been shooting his old Mark II forever and it's just amazing and the Mark III is great too.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my excitement with you guys. What kind of guns are you dudes into?
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Chopper needs to come in here, he has a vault of guns . Anyways, I actually just got a camo Ruger .22 and I have yet to shoot it. We have plenty of 12 gauges and 20 gauges for hunting purposes, along with an SKS, 22-250, 30-6, and a few others. I'm really not into the collection of guns, I just am a hunter .
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Qualifier
    That is awesome, Just as long as you respect the gun, you will be fine in life. My first was also a .22 It was a Ruger single six. had the .22 and the changeable cylinder for a .22 mag. I was stupid and sold it. Keep your guns!! Your kids will use them. Now I have made a Vault in my house to store an amount just shy of 3 digits...... Everything from Black powder ( old and yet still cool to shoot) to a new recent H&K mark 23

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by choppermech11@m
    That is awesome, Just as long as you respect the gun, you will be fine in life. My first was also a .22 It was a Ruger single six. had the .22 and the changeable cylinder for a .22 mag. I was stupid and sold it. Keep your guns!! Your kids will use them. Now I have made a Vault in my house to store an amount just shy of 3 digits...... Everything from Black powder ( old and yet still cool to shoot) to a new recent H&K mark 23
    wow think we could get a pic of the interior of the vault
    what smells like supdawg???

Off-topic post(s) removed.
    Please do not turn this thread into a right to bear arms (or any other) debate. This subject is allowed and should be discussed reasonably. If you don't have anything positive to post regarding this topic, lift your fingers off the keyboard.

That is awesome, Just as long as you respect the gun, you will be fine in life. My first was also a .22 It was a Ruger single six. had the .22 and the changeable cylinder for a .22 mag.
    My dad has one of those. He doesn't plan on selling it any time soon. We've got too many guns, yet they are all too fun to shoot to get rid of

We went and got a safe last August that would accommodate all our guns, yet when we got it home and started packing the guns and ammo in it, found out it was too small That thing was way too heavy to take back so we made it work, had to do a little trial and error organizing in it and we finally got it right. My case of 1,000rd AK 7.62x39 ammo ate most of the space My dad was like honestly do you really need that much ammo for that thing, I was like heck yeah when you get a good price on bulk you can never have too much.

The Rugar Mark III is a real pleasure to shoot. As far as a target pistol goes, I really like mine. Good choice. That "Hunter" model is a beauty. I've got the "Standard" model.
    Last edited by troutfisher9; 04-11-2010 at 08:08 AM.
    With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RustlerRacer16
    My dad took me to the gun store yesterday to look at and hold my graduation present! It's a .22 Ruger Mark III Hunter.
    What a fine looking pistol.

I'm a big fan of any long-barreled pistol. I only have a rifle, though, but I would also like a .22LR pistol so that I only have to buy one type of ammunition.

RC Competitor
    Those Rugers are awesome. Always been my favorite .22 pistol.
    Personally, I have a
    Taurus Millenium .40.
    Marlin 39A .22
    Ruger M77 .270 (dad bought back in the 70's then gave it to me 12 years ago)
    Ruger M77 .223
    A .308 that's a rechambered British Enfield .303 carbine.
    American Arms over under 12 ga.
    WW2 Mauser that was a GI bring back
    Had a couple other guns that I just didn't enjoy shooting or couldn't use to hunt with, so I got rid of them.
    My next gun will be a little .38 snubbie +P rated of course, for CC.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have an older Mark II Competition it is a fun gun to shoot and you can't go wrong with a Mark III. What I would do if I were is your position is get a Ruger Charger($450 w/optic) and a Mossberg 500 Field(sub $200). You will be right in the price range you would have spent on the Mark III and you will now have a trap skeet gun and a target pistol. Have fun and be safe.
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I want to be you. But I'd settle for a picture (or a hundred) of your collection!
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

Don't know if anyone has seen this one or not. The Ruger .22 charger pistol.
    http://ruger.com/products/22Charger/models.html

All that thing is is a sawed off 10/22 on a pistol stock.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a

All that thing is is a sawed off 10/22 on a pistol stock.
    This thing is an abomination lol. I would never own such an ugly gun!
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

Quote Originally Posted by RustlerRacer16
    This thing is an abomination lol. I would never own such an ugly gun!
    I know right. Why would you want a pistol with a bi pod and a scope??? Just buy a 10/22 with a scope. That's basically all that pistol is is a mini 10/22. No point in it really.

RC Racer
    All I have is a pellet gun, Gammo shadow 1000 1.77cal, accurate and fairly quiet, fun to plink around with, I used to coon hunt with a marlin bolt action .22 but sold it when I quit hunting.
    If I knew everything I forgot, I'd be a geneious!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by spky
    All I have is a pellet gun, Gammo shadow 1000 1.77cal, accurate and fairly quiet, fun to plink around with, I used to coon hunt with a marlin bolt action .22 but sold it when I quit hunting.
    I love pellet/bb guns. My dad has an RWS .177 target rifle. It's wicked heavy but it's very nice. And I have a Gamo V3 pistol and it's really a fun shot.
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Qualifier
    I'm planning on picking up my first pistol soon.

So far I think I'm going to pickup a Springfield XD9 Sub Compact. Good to conceal carry if I choose, too.

Afterward Id like to pick up a .22LR pistol so trips to the range will be a little more affordable. If I go to the shop this weekend I may rent their Ruger .22 the have and run some rounds through it.

RC Qualifier
    Here I thought this thread would be about the OP's new Traxxas

Savage Mark II BV .22lr
    http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/MARKIIBV

A 3-10x scope

Hi-Point 995TS 9mm carbine

A 4x scope (came with the gun) Green laser sight, soft strap

Smith & Wesson SW9VE 9mm
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...13&isFirearm=Y

With mini laser sight

I know there’s some mixed feelings about the Hi-Point, and honestly I wouldn’t buy another one of their pistols, but the carbines are really good. Close to 200 rounds through without a hiccup, accurate & inexpensive. Plus, a a lifetime warranty second to none – send it in, they fix it no questions asked, and ship it back with a free magazine (for your troubles)
    Last edited by CraigV; 04-14-2010 at 05:49 AM.
    Censorship is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by CraigV

I know there’s some mixed feelings about the Hi-Point, and honestly I wouldn’t buy another one of their pistols, but the carbines are really good. Close to 200 rounds through without a hiccup, accurate & inexpensive. Plus, a a lifetime warranty second to none – send it in, they fix it no questions asked, and ship it back with a free magazine (for your troubles)
    I know what you mean. I actually own 2 Hi Point pistols I have the C9 and the JHP .45. They are good guns for the price with a lifetime warranty that can't be beat. Yeah they might jam a few times but who cares it's a 9mm for $160 it's to be expected. The 45 on the other hand is pretty solid, I've not had one single jam out of mine. The 9mm I did have to polish the feed ramp, which took 10 minutes and fed rounds 10 times better after doing it as well. IMO they are great guns for the price, are there better quality guns out there yes. But just for plinking these guns are great. Would I carry one concealed, heck no they weigh a ton

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yeah! Keep posting pics of your guns guys! Let's see inside those safes!
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

Here's a pic of my Taurus PT-92SS 9mm. 17 round mag edition. I got an awesome deal on this. I knew the guy that had this gun, he bought it brand new, shot 1 mag through it, cleaned it and threw it in his closet and it was un touched for a year or two. He wanted something new so he sold it to me for $300. Brand new it's like a $600 gun.

I might try and get a pic of the old AK 47 tomorrow.
    Last edited by CarGuy7a; 04-14-2010 at 10:07 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a

A bi-pod on a pistol? That would be like putting training wheels on a Rustler
    Censorship is wrong

I have used many different Ruger products. I like their rifles and they hold up very nicely.

My father, when he was retired, got into smithing guns. He specialized in Colts. He customized one for me that I will never part with, I may pass it down to one of my sons, but it's staying in the family and it is one of the nicest Handguns I've ever had the pleasure of firing.

Congrats on your new Ruger, sounds like your dad has taught you good gun safety practices. I know the 1 rule my dad drilled into me. always treat a gun as if it is loaded. Always.....
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Since we are sharing a few pics...here ya go...

Remington 870 12ga
    Marlin 795 .22lr
    Crossman pump action .22 pellet
    Rugar .22lr Standard
    With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound...

RC Racer
    Ruger's are excellent guns I have a MKIII 22/45, a Mini-14, and a 10/22 along with a mosin nagant m44 and a no name Chinese shot gun
    98 Stampede; 99 Ruslter; 2006 Jato; 200? Stampede

Trout that's a sweet MarkII, wish I still had my old one.
    Still rockin the the old Stainless single six though,
    you can't beat a Ruger or a Savage for quality.
    Had an old 10/22 with close to 12,000 rds through
    the tube!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman4910
    you can't beat a Ruger or a Savage for quality.
    Savage's are nice. My buddy has a .17HMR rifle with the accutrigger he let me shoot it once and I love the way the trigger felt on it. That thing is pretty darn accurate too.

RC Competitor
    First:

The other guns are the ones that my dad have.
    Warn: (99%)SI 480HP mugen無限power
    teamultraspeed