Thread: What's next?

RC Racer

What's next?

So what is Traxxas going to release next? I've noticed that they haven't updated their news section since late December. Everybody shake your magic 8-ball.

RC Qualifier
    a single engine two pistons. in 3 sizes. a con rod that doesnt break, a forged/billet piston.

RC Champion
    I still say Traxxas needs to develop their own brushless motor for the Revo/Summit.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas should make lipo's. And not to expensive either.
    Rustler|Brushless Losi XXL

RC Qualifier
    They should get into making Heli's. That would be awesome. An innexpensive heli whose parts are dirt cheap, and is super reliable and easy to mod.

I have a feeling they are going to release a buggy or truggy, since the MT class has died.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

Seems to me Traxxas has a real pension for doing things totally new or different. The Slash, Summit, and 1/16th scale trucks were all knew and different from anything on the market at the time. Traxxas does not seem to want to compete with established vehicles such as 1/8th scale buggies or Truggies but rather create their own new class of vehicle.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    They seem to be sticking to off-road vehicles when they release a new model. I personally think it would be neat to see a 4-tec rally car.

But I also think that Traxxas should make more up-grades for the current models. Suck as more alum parts like shock towers, shock bodies, diff housing, etc.
    Its a bird, its a plane...nope just my rusty

RC Racer
    Please Traxxas! Make an affordable 1/6 Gas off-road rc car!
    Traxxas Slash VXL
    Traxxas 1/16 E-REVO VXL

RC Champion
    I hope traxxas makes a 1/8 scale water proof brushless system
    if your not breaking anything get more air

RC Racer
    I personally think a 1/5 scale revo like truck would fly off the shelves. I gotta figure though that we should be seeing something new on the homepage soon.

RC Champion
    Its gonna be a new 4tec. It's being held hostage by Nitro Chicken right now but im talking to the UN so the situation gets resolved quickly and peacefully.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm dying to see a 1/8 scale waterproof brushless motor, and I'm betting they'll have one by the time winter comes again, but just in case I broke down and got a Single VXL System for my Emaxx. The Normal VXL system had dropped $10 on tower so I wouldn't be surprised if it's because they're making room. Also, the MMM droped like $30 in the last week. Almost as if Castle Creations knows somethings in the works?

RC Qualifier
    I would like to see a new 4-tec, although I probably wouldnt buy it. If traxxas made a 4-tec rally, Id buy it in a heartbeat.

RC Champion
    Another parking lot play toy? What other parking lot play toys do they have? Every last one of the new releases for the past who knows how long has been off road. And any of the employees that watch these boards knows what I mean by "new 4tec". They know I wan't an 1/8th scale mamba monster powered beast that will boast 100mph speeds or by simply adjusting the suspension be able to make use of all the SC tracks....rally.

RC Champion
    My wishlist for Traxxas.

1. 1/8th Scale VXL or Waterproof 1/8th Mamba Monster System
    2. E-Maxx and E-Revo to come stock with a Titan 775
    3. "Series 5" NIMH batteries with 5000 mAh
    4. Metal geared waterproof servos and/or optional metal gears for existing servos

If some or all of these came true, I'd be a happy camper.
    E-Maxx 3905 - Rustler 3707 - Slash 5805

Quote Originally Posted by slowenuff
    Its gonna be a new 4tec. It's being held hostage by Nitro Chicken right now but im talking to the UN so the situation gets resolved quickly and peacefully.
    Tough luck in this one. "United Nitro Chicken Law Enforcement" (U.N.C.L.E. to those who remember) never signed on with NATO and we do not follow the Geneva accords. We tell the UN what to do with it when they come knocking. One look at the Nitro Chicken super hero suit and they tell me it was all a big misunderstanding and would I like an honorary seat on the board of directors. They completely ignore the latest mangled 4-Tec prototype spitting out of the feed mixer.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Champion
    Theres a special dark place at Church's chicken for evil like yours!

RC Qualifier
    A Stampede VXL 4x4 would probably sell well with a single motor and battery configuration.

RC Champion
    HBK you're right, of course its what I wan't. If I wanted something that was gonna dominate the track I would never have bought an electric 4tec or rustler in the first place. Oh Id expect people to run a 100mph rig wherever they are currently running their 80-90 mph rustys, bandits, and erbe's.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dialed_in
    A Stampede VXL 4x4 would probably sell well with a single motor and battery configuration.
    A Stampede 4x4 would just be another Slash 4x4. I don't think it would be worth it. What ever Traxxas comes out with next is going to be something totally different and innovative. My $.02
    Its a bird, its a plane...nope just my rusty

RC Qualifier
    Id like a 4 tec to go 100 miles on my road, instead of keeping up with cars id be way in front of them. I hope speed limit doesnt apply to R/C cars.........

RC Qualifier

My wishlist

1/5 t-maxx or revo
    4x4 jato
    waterproof vxl system for the EMAXX and erevo
    do away with the gray parts and change to black

Edited for language.
    NC
    Last edited by Nitro Chicken; 04-17-2010 at 09:37 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I hope y'all don't make a new electric 4-tec, or else I will be forced to get into this hobby again! :P

RC Champion
    im voting with the few who say 1/5 scale gas. i love the design of my revo and i think it would be crazy to see o monster version of it, i just keep picturing this revo thats 3 feet long and 2 feet wide that you need a dolly to lug it around. haha i would be the first on the list to pick one up
    As of 4-1-10 im back in the rc scene

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay 313
    I still say Traxxas needs to develop their own brushless motor for the Revo/Summit.
    why they saw that the mmm was what people were using.
    Remember to drive it like you stole it

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxxasbasher
    why they saw that the mmm was what people were using.
    There seem to be plenty of people happy with the VXL-3s/3m. I'd like to see them develop their own motor - with their own warranty. Also, I'm thinking about waterproof ESC's.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►