RC Qualifier

Steve Sleyden @ Short Course Showdown in Milwaukee

Well today I decided to take the hour trek north into Milwaukee to check out the Short Course Showdown. 1st race I went to watch was the 4x4 class after hanging out with some friends that I race with at my home track. I had no idea Steve was going to be there but he was along with several other pro drivers from HPI, Tamiya, Losi, Associated, and HPI. I didn't get the chance to talk with him but I also figured there was no point since I no longer own a Slash 4x4. Looked like a great guy to talk with. Helped anyone who asked for it. Seemed to be pretty professional and explained his suggestions. Watched him in round 1 and he seemed to be really nervous but then again I'd probably be just as nervous too considering all the people watching and what Traxxas expects as well.

His 4x4 looked pretty good on the hard clay surface but I think his nerves got the best of him in round 1, round 2 he did better.

LiveRC.com is still broadcasting the Short Course Showdown @ Trackside and he has not ran his 3rd round race that I know of. I plan on going back out there again tomorrow.
    Mike Zadler
    Slash 4x4 SOLD!
    Slash 2wd

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by AudioStylz
    Yes, Steve Slayden and Tim Roberts are both at the "Short Course Showdown" at Trackside in Milwaukee this weekend. Traxxas also has a booth there. All those guys are really cool and willing to share their experience/knowledge.

RC Qualifier
    I wonder how he'll do. It's a pretty well known fact that the Slash 4x4 compared to the Jammin and Ofna's are at a large disadvantage due to center of gravity. I wonder if Associated is running the prototype for their new RC10 4x4.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
    I wonder how he'll do. It's a pretty well known fact that the Slash 4x4 compared to the Jammin and Ofna's are at a large disadvantage due to center of gravity. I wonder if Associated is running the prototype for their new RC10 4x4.
    Well he just ran a few minutes ago for the 3rd round qualifier and finished 4th just barely. I am fairly positive the top 3 were Jammin and Ofna. From what I understand the SC10 4x4 was already out. I'm going back tomorrow so I'll see what the booths have for various models.
    Mike Zadler
    Slash 4x4 SOLD!
    Slash 2wd

RC Racer
    Associated is there, but they are not running in the 4x4 class. The don't have the new model on display either.

Yes, the top 3 qualifiers going into tomorrow are all Ofna or Jammin....

RC Qualifier
    Wonder if Associated got held up with a design flaw cause I heard over on the AE Forums that they were supposed to have the 4x4 on display and racing.

Kind of dissapointed that AE isn't giving away any SC10's in the spectator raffles like HPI is. AE is raffling off their SC18 and Traxxas is raffling off some 1/16 scale slash 4x4's. It's awesome any of the companies are doing anything at all for the spectators, could do nothing so I'm not complaining, LOL.
    Mike Zadler
    Slash 4x4 SOLD!
    Slash 2wd

RC Racer
    Yeah, I know I wanted to get in on the raffles, but it was only for spectators. Some little kid won a Blitz, that thing is prolly already on eBay....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by candbron
    Yeah, I know I wanted to get in on the raffles, but it was only for spectators. Some little kid won a Blitz, that thing is prolly already on eBay....
    Man, I was off by 3 tickets at 1pm for the 2nd blitz. At 4pm I missed the 1st blitz by 15 and the 2nd one by 1!! Oh well, I'll be back up there again tomorrow with my fiance to try and help my chances at winning something. Only problem here is, if her ticket wins, she says it is hers but I can use it when I want to. Let's see how true she is to her word about that lol.

As for that HPI RTR being on ebay.....There are 2 NIB RTR's listed but both are from Cali.
    Last edited by AudioStylz; 04-25-2010 at 01:44 AM.
    Mike Zadler
    Slash 4x4 SOLD!
    Slash 2wd

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AudioStylz
    Man, I was off by 3 tickets at 1pm for the 2nd blitz. At 4pm I missed the 1st blitz by 15 and the 2nd one by 1!! Oh well, I'll be back up there again tomorrow with my fiance to try and help my chances at winning something. Only problem here is, if her ticket wins, she says it is hers but I can use it when I want to. Let's see how true she is to her word about that lol.

As for that HPI RTR being on ebay.....There are 2 NIB RTR's listed but both are from Cali.

Crazy tough luck! Lol
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Qualifier
    Anyone know how he ended up doing in the Mains yesterday?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
    Anyone know how he ended up doing in the Mains yesterday?
    He didn't make the A Main in 2wd Mod, or 4wd Mod. The competition was pretty tough though. There was no room for error, if you got hit or messed up a little, it was over.
    Slash 4x4 RTR
    Platinum Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    Slayden had what looked to be an ESC issue in the B-Main and was out. When I grabbed his truck he had steering but the throttle was all twitchy.

Tim Roberts and two other Slash 4x4s made it to the A-Main but there was not a Traxxas truck in the top 3 at the end.

This track is very tight and even the smallest mistake could take you out of contention.

RC Champion
    Sure wish I could've been there...
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Qualifier
    Even though I wasn't racing I had a great time just being there this past weekend. Looking forward to future races this year.
    Mike Zadler
    Slash 4x4 SOLD!
    Slash 2wd

Traxxas Employee Rosco_P_Coltrane's Avatar
    Check out the event coverage from the Short Course Showdown.

http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...n&suchbegriff=
    Traxxas, the FASTEST Name In Radio Control

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys, glad to hear some of you made it out to the race. Scotty puts on a great show and it was an awesome event. I didn't finish as well as I would've liked and it was extremely difficult to put a clean run together with the traffic on the small track. However, it was the same for everyone. Well, except we only had a few runs on the track Friday for practice. It's tough to beat good drivers that have been on the track for several weeks.

We had to learn setup and rythm on the track during the hectic racing. Mike had a couple soild runs and Tim, Damron and I were all getting faster as the weekend went along. They only took (six) trucks to the main and bumped two. I had a bump spot pretty solid after the first few laps, then my motor started cutting out and I had to pull my truck.

All in all, we put three Slashes into the A-main and were getting faster. One good day of quality track time and we would've had our trucks right there.

We all have bad weekends, but it's nothing I can't shake off. I had a blast being at the event and look forward to the next one.