RC Qualifier

I have a problem I just can't figure out...

Here's my problem....When I pull the trigger on the radio, the car won't go, or just lurches....If I go half throttle it go just fine, and if I hit it hard again it just cuts off....First thing I thought, was that it was the ESC. SO I borrowed my friends ESC (a MMM) and it does the exact same thing. Recently I put in a new tranny so I kniow it's not the tranny. and about two months ago I put in the LST diffs, and an 1/8 scale center diff....Everything ran fine for a while untill this started happening....Obviously it's not the ESC....what do you thing it could be? I'm pretty confident it's not the drive train, as I just inspected it...Could it be a faulty receiver? I'm going to swap out my buddies receiver in there now so I'll give an update....Thanks in advance....
    Tekin RX-8 ERBE
    MC 1/8th scale Center Diff

RC Champion
    I don't know if/how the batteries might have something to do with it, but have you tried different batteries just to rule it out?

I don't think I'm qualified to make a diagnosis, just curious since you didn't mention trying different batteries.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Qualifier
    Well.....I figured out the problem I think....put my buddy's receiver in the machine and it runs fine....I only did a cpl passes in the field, but it seemed to be running fine....so I guess now what do I do? Get a new receiver or buy a new radio system? Bleh!
    Tekin RX-8 ERBE

RC Champion
    Sounds an awful lot like LVC... you sure the batteries were fully charged, or that the LVC is set correctly on the ESC for the batteries you're running?

EDIT: have you tried recalibrating the RX-8 to your transmitter?
    -Harry | Racing and Painting
    1stGenPaint

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stGenCRXer
    Sounds an awful lot like LVC... you sure the batteries were fully charged, or that the LVC is set correctly on the ESC for the batteries you're running?

EDIT: have you tried recalibrating the RX-8 to your transmitter?

Yeh I tried two sets of batteries(both fully charged) on the old receiver, and the same result....swapped out the receiver and it seems to work...i haven't done a full run yet, but i will this afternoon to see if I have any glitches....I do have my LVC set at 12.77, but that should.t be the problem...I also re calibrated the receiver to the RX-8...I'm bumming cause it looks like the receiver, and knowing me...I'll but the Futaba 3PK and thats 300 bones...
    Tekin RX-8 ERBE

RC Competitor
    Just buy a "New" Traxxas 2.4 GHZ receiver on ebay for like $50.

Most people take it out of the box and sell it without even using it, no need to drop $300 on something like that.

But, just my opinion of course.

I use 2 Redcat racing 2.4 GHZ receivers for my E-Revo and Savage Flux, bought them brand new in the box for $49.99 with free shipping and they are amazing.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestekoe
    Just buy a "New" Traxxas 2.4 GHZ receiver on ebay for like $50.

Most people take it out of the box and sell it without even using it, no need to drop $300 on something like that.

But, just my opinion of course.

I use 2 Redcat racing 2.4 GHZ receivers for my E-Revo and Savage Flux, bought them brand new in the box for $49.99 with free shipping and they are amazing.

I may go this route....does anyone have the traxxas link receiver? I really can't afford to lose any range, as i bash in a huge field....
    Tekin RX-8 ERBE

RC Qualifier
    Just did a full run and it performed flawlessly....its 100% the receiver....Thanks for all the help!
    Tekin RX-8 ERBE

RC Qualifier
    The futaba 2PL sport 2.4 ghz is an awesome setup ...I can run it further than i can see it! 2pl sport has an all internal annetta 10 model memory epa's and reverse options for both channels ABS braking a voltage monitor that beeps well ahead of time. "for the controller" Some other features i haven't even read up on yet as well its light cool looking. All that and its less than 100 dallors if you dig for price ...A traxxas forum member brought this little gem to my attention. its well worth your attention as well ..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Futaba-2PL-2-4G-...item483a10dace
    Last edited by ohiowoodsrider; 04-25-2010 at 01:29 PM.
    E REVO 3.3 t maxx wheels/tires 80a 2330kiv ezrun

RC Champion
    That's the radio I got for my son. Awesome radio! It's a Futaba, it's 2.4 ghz, it runs on only 4 AA batteries, it's got tons of usable features and it's $100 or less. Did I say it was a Futaba? Oh and the extra receivers are like $65 or less.
    send $10 at paypal.me/Ray1964