RC poster

2wd brushed slash upgrade to brushless system

I just got my first 2wd traxxas slash brushed rc and its pretty nice but I would like to upgrade it to a brushless system. Im not sure about how to go about this process though. 1) does anyone have a good cheap brushless system,esc included, that they would recommend? I dont want to get anything expensive because this is my beginner car and would like to save that money for a better car in the future. 2) Im wondering if I would also have to upgrade my gear box for the new power of a brushless system 3) How do you make the stock 2.4ghz traxxas transmitter work with a new esc? Is it simply plugging the new esc for the brushless into the receiver?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    1. Imo..its worth the cash..get a CC sidewinder combo or the velineon..its cash well spent or you could go cheap and get a ezrun system..but i recommened the first 2.
    2. no, you dont.
    3. Just plug the esc into the reciever, and then calibrate the esc to the radio (in your manual).
    EMBE/ Savage X
    x2 BL slash
    Ultra lx1e

RC Racer
    2.) my trans lasted 4 days with the 11.1 lipo and velineon......

RC Racer
    2) Ive had mine for about one year, running 3s. Never broken anything.
    Traxxas Slash VXL
    Traxxas 1/16 E-REVO VXL

Catahoula
    If you have not looked into the Power Up Program, I would suggest giving it a try. This program allows you to trade your original motor and speed control in for a discount of about 50% off retail. You can often do this at your local shop, but call ahead to make sure that they participate in this program. If you can not locate a hobby shop that participates then you can utilize this program through Traxxas directly, but it takes a while longer because of shipping. The Velinion VXL3s is a superior system at a great price when you Power Up. www.buytraxxas.com

RC Qualifier
    I just upgraded to the Traxxas brushless system. Man I love it twice the power of brushed and battery run time is increased by about 15 mins. The brushless is so much more efficient. You can go wrong with it… Without making the rear shocks very stiff mine will carry the front tires on take off with Venom 5000ma 7.4v Lipo. the motor combo upgrade cost my 130.00
    No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

RC Competitor
    i wus going to give u a link to ********* $59 brushless but it will not let me it keeps doing this http://*********.com. But i would go with the Traxxas brushless system i LOVE mine!!!!
    www.cardomain.com/ride/3299559