RC Qualifier

quick rear diff question...

I was doing some high speed runs at work yesterday (18/54 slipper, 3s). Everything was great then a twisted a left rear stub axle. No biggie I have spares, I replaced it and the new one did the same thing this time after about 2 seconds.

I just took a look at the truck now at home. And I just noticed when I have it on a stand the left rear tires spins wayyyy faster than the right rear. I ended up taking the rear diff apart and it still had oil in it (5K wt) and both bearings are in excellent shape.

What else could this be.... Well as I was just typing I thought of possibly the right rear stub axle bearings could be siezed. other than that anymore options to check.

Thanks in advance.
    Slash 4x4
    Slayer

RC Qualifier
    You just mentioned what I would have guessed was the problem. Other than that...take the rear end apart and inspect everything. It doesn't take THAT long to do it and you probably SHOULD be doing it fairly regularly anyway.

I rebuilt my rear diff at the track on Monday during practice and put 10K wt fluid in it...IMO it runs MUCH better on the track with the heavier weight oil in the rear diff. That of course won't fix your problem...just an observation.
    Paul Valenti

Slash 4X4 #25 (Mark Jenkins)

RC Qualifier
    Rear diff is out that was the first thing I did. But then after I posted I went back to take a closer look and my right rear u-joint was rubbing on the rpm a-arm.
    Slash 4x4
    Slayer

RC Qualifier
    Yep running bottom hole. This is what I finally found. I was running a slash 2wd stub axle on the left rear, the right still had a stock axle. There is a .5mm difference between the two so I put a 2wd axle in the right side and all is good.

The other problem is I am running 2wd carriers, do to the shorter arms on those it was hitting rpm arm.
    Slash 4x4
    Slayer