RC Champion

Big Thank You **Kingheadz**

Slipper plastic bushing replacement link below

http://www.kingheads.com/product_inf...369fc77a062629

Installed 2 of these in both trucks and they work fantastic. With slipper clutch, both trucks experianced what would have destroyed the Spur gear, bushing, bearing, centre shaft. if left in stock form , instead as the brg seized up from dirt all that happened was the "slipper slipped" . dissasemble, clean up all parts and good to go.

I think this is better than the double brg mod, but both are better than stk

The Part works excellent...................
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    I preemptively ordered that but since opening up that bearing and packing it with grease, I haven't had a problem, yet, lol.

RC Qualifier
    And you won't. Maintaining that bearing keeps it from seizing and ruining any surrounding parts. I have the Kingheads adapter as well, still new in the package since I haven't had an issue with my original plastic adapter.
    Turbo in the front, groceries in the back.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by akesj1
    Slipper plastic bushing replacement link below

http://www.kingheads.com/product_inf...369fc77a062629

Installed 2 of these in both trucks and they work fantastic. With slipper clutch, both trucks experianced what would have destroyed the Spur gear, bushing, bearing, centre shaft. if left in stock form , instead as the brg seized up from dirt all that happened was the "slipper slipped" . dissasemble, clean up all parts and good to go.

I think this is better than the double brg mod, but both are better than stk

The Part works excellent...................

I agree, I had been maintaining my bearing and 1 pack after it was cleaned it must have got some grit in it which ended up melting the bushing. No problems since I put this on.

RC Enthusiast
    So do you guys clean the bearing after EVERY run? I don't mind wrenching on my truck, but I don't want to pull it apart after every run just to clean one bearing.

Also, am I the only person that has a time getting the back end back together?

Craig
    Last edited by hoovdog; 05-09-2010 at 05:29 PM.

RC Racer
    I used to do mine after every day of running, since I've got the kingheads adapter I have not touched it. I will do it in a week or so though. I air compress my car after every run so dirt doesn't build up and bond to anything.

I also bought bearings off Ebay that are Abec 3 rated and have much better seals. Cost me $8.00 US for a whole set for the truck.

The rear is easy to take apart and assemble, it's only difficult to get the shaft with the slipper on in into the opening of the diff when your trying to put the rear assembly back on. I now mount the assembly on the truck and roll it on the front wheels until it clicks in (while I'm pushing down on the assembly.)

RC Champion
    Work on cars all day, last thing I want to do is wrench on the RC everytime. weekly's not bad. 2wks usually

Not living near a LHS, any down time usually lasts 1-2wks

Al
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Qualifier
    I maintain the bearing but it still fails, I run in sand pitts but I dont understand why this is the only bearing that seizes up, it's getting really anoying!

I have since ordered a larger bearing that fits directly on the shaft, no adaptor needed, I hope it solves the problem.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bcr07
    I also bought bearings off Ebay that are Abec 3 rated and have much better seals. Cost me $8.00 US for a whole set for the truck.

Link bearings?

I purchased a set but they were 20$ and not sure what kind of bearings they really are.

Team Fast Eddy.com

I am working with the guy to get the kit to be 100% complete.
    I haven't asked him what the bearings are though.

from what I count there are a total of 24 bearings.

RC Qualifier
    Pack the bearing with grease. It will help it to withstand less frequent cleanings. The grease acts as a barrier to dirt and water. Since doing this on my truck it has become one of the most tolerant bearings in it.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by turbowop
    Pack the bearing with grease. It will help it to withstand less frequent cleanings. The grease acts as a barrier to dirt and water. Since doing this on my truck it has become one of the most tolerant bearings in it.
    I do the same, also on the outside rear carrier bearings as they cop a bit of dirt. I find a good grease ( I use Yamalube bearing grease ) helps with keeping water/dirt out.

The bearing kit I got was a no name off ebay and it was not the whole set about 16 bearings - they are much better quality though. I will put up the link when I find them because I am buying another set so I have 3 sets in total.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_V
    So do you guys clean the bearing after EVERY run? I don't mind wrenching on my truck, but I don't want to pull it apart after every run just to clean one bearing.

Also, am I the only person that has a time getting the back end back together?

Craig
    I have had a time putting mine back together as well. seems the slipper shaft doesnt want to line up correctly every time i diassemble. I dont mind cleaning bearings to save a few $ though
    Drive it like you stole it or leave it shelved

RC Qualifier
    I installed this during my revo slipper upgrade this weekend,quality part!
    Caution, this message contains words.

RC Racer
    I've had it in for about 15 packs now. I never melted my plastic original but feel much better having the aluminum in there now. In combo with the motor mount its pretty neat having aluminum contact point for the inside and outside of the bearing. I have still had 3 bearings go gritty on me in those 15 packs with a lexan slipper cover mod. I still teardown and relube the bearing after every 5 packs or so. That darn driveshaft design just forces little pebbles, dust or moisture into that bearing no matter what.
    N4tec x3
    Slash 4x4
    Rustler-in a box

RC Qualifier
    just a nutty thought.... would it be worse to just take the drive shaft cover off? wouldn't that keep things from being compressed under the plastic... from what I read, dirt gets into your spur either way?
    Caution, this message contains words.

RC Racer
    I don't have any issue's with dirt getting to my spur at all. It all gets caked to the frontside of the slipper bearing. I teardown regularly enough that no dirt really ever gets behind it.
    N4tec x3
    Slash 4x4
    Rustler-in a box

RC Enthusiast
    Will this thing work on the center diff too?????

RC Qualifier
    No.