Nitro Sport Pro. 15
    VXL BlackSlash w/ DX2.0

RC Qualifier
    oh yes!
    2nd place is 1st loser......

RC Champion
    SRT 10 challenger Concept

RC Racer
    Not really a muscle car... lol.. But she has about 450hp and 600 TQ..
    Me and my dads new project..

Slash x4 x2
    16 Slash Rally Summit
    Summit
    MMM 5t

Looks nice.

Here's a pic of my 74 Duster 426 Hemi, TRW internals, Borg Warner Super T-10, Detroit Locker 3:88 gears. 9.7 seconds was my best time. All gas no Nitrous. And this was back in the early 1980's. Sold it when I joined the Navy so the guy could wrap it round a tree. I told him it had too much power for street tires, guess he didn't listen too well.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Champion
    I like the trailer hitch.

RC Champion
    Wow that got into the 9s! Its a real sleeper

A friend of mine has a 71 Gold Duster, its got a 340 with intake, carb, headers, and other little stuff. Its got a auto tranny in it.

I don't have a muscle car yet thats going to be mine. Just my 88 Blazer

But these are my dad's cars

Lets see who can name them and their years
    Last edited by 02hawk; 05-10-2010 at 02:04 PM.
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

RC Qualifier
    ohhhh yeahhhh

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 02hawk
    Well you got a late 90's early 2000's firebire/trans am (which ever you like more) that has the firehawk package, then you got a 60's Trans am, and a
    60's GTO
    Stampede VXL upgraded broken stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperGN
    I like the trailer hitch.
    Used a trailer to take my tires/rims to the track as well as my tools and stuff. Daily driver....

I was lucky, always was able to drive home after a day at the track.... MOPAR goes Far!
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    dont own one wish i did. i have said this on an other thread, so ill keep this post short. what ever you do DONT tell me this isnt the quickest STOCK car, cause it IS. 1968 HEMI CUDA. nhra class ss/ah. new in 1968 they turned 1/4 mile 10.50. today they turn 8.5. i will NOT respond if try to tell me its not the quickest STOCK car .

Quote Originally Posted by moe7404
    dont own one wish i did. i have said this on an other thread, so ill keep this post short. what ever you do DONT tell me this isnt the quickest STOCK car, cause it IS. 1968 HEMI CUDA. nhra class ss/ah. new in 1968 they turned 1/4 mile 10.50. today they turn 8.5. i will NOT respond if try to tell me its not the quickest STOCK car .
    Why are you so hung up on this car, they only made 50 of them, and they weren't street legal, so you can't compare it to other cars that were, also only making 50 doesn't really make it a production car, especially since they were finished by hurst. And I can't ind anywhere that says they can run a 10.5 in the quarter, especially with the junk tires they had back then.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC Qualifier
    These are shots from a classic car show that came through some years ago (sorry if they’re huge)

Censorship is wrong

RC Champion
    You got all the right eras

Does anybody know the exact years?

I don't care if you don't get the firebird, its a bad pic b/c I had to take them while they were in the garage

RC Qualifier
    the red chevelle is a 67
    2nd place is 1st loser......

RC Champion
    Here is another cool car. Its a shame they are not more popular. Its a 1969 Mercury Marauder.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RCNEWB5150
    the red chevelle is a 67
    I think you mean GTO and it's a '66. Can tell by the grills and that the badge is higher on the quarter panel. '67 has a steel mesh like grill with turn signals and badge is on the chrome rocker panel.

RC Qualifier
    One of my Dream cars is for sale near me. I got pics of it today. I love Buick Grand Nationals.

BUICK GRAND NATIONALS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Owner of: 1/10 Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition

RC Champion
    The '68 Hemi Super Stock A-Bodies, hands down!

Wonder if those are owned by the same person/people?
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC Champion

Peel P50...49cc of 3 wheeled terror!

RC Champion

I'll take a stab at this.

The GTO is a 65. I do believe this was the only year for that grill.

The FireBird is either a 67 or 68. Can't tell for sure because I can't see the rear quarter panel. I'm gonna go with 67 because it appears to have vent windows.

As for the Firehawk. It's anyones guess but i'm going to say 2002 due to the wheels that are on it....

Let me know.
    My mother
    Reba Collins 6/30/52 - 3/1/10 1:13pm

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by moe7404

Moe - I understand your obsession with the 68 SS Cuda. It's one of my favorites as well. I have a good friend that has been racing for 40+ years and was paired up with Grand Spaulding Dodge here in Chicago back in the 60's and campaigned Chrysler and Dodges for for close to 20 yrs. Today he still has one of the most impressive collection of dodge factory race cars and rare modles in the country and those that are actually street worthy (won't overheat in 2 miles) can be seen at local shows around here. The more impressive cars are entered in large shows like the world of wheels or trailed to large Moper events. The collection includes one of these original B029 SS Cudas, a 68 SS Hemi Dart, a Pair of A/FX altered cars just to name a few. The collection is close to 40 cars in all and I'm guessing close to half are Mopars. There are a couple of things you need to understand about these cars that isn't normally printed..

The 50 or so cars that where build where never intended to drive on the street. They came complete with stickers that told you they where for racing only. The cars where sold (or given in some cases) to race teams. Stock the cars where fast but not mid 10's.. Put a set of Slicks on a SS Dart or Cuda as delivered from Dodge and you're looking at mid 11's with a really good driver on a really good track with really good air... To get cars into the mid 10's the motors where disassembled and just about everything was replaced, milled, ported etc. By the time these cars saw the competition they where nothing like what came from the factory. If you've ever have a chance to see or hear one of these cars up close you'll notice a few things. One they are excessivly loud with a lumpy cam and a high idle. They need to idle around 1600 - to 2000 RPM just to keep them running. The other major issue is they will overheat in short order. They have loose converters and tall gears making them all but undriveable.

The cars that run high 8's today are nothing like the original cars from 68. The only thing about them that is true a Dodge is the body. Everything is aftermarket and trying to drive one of these cars on the street would be plain foolish.

By comparison today you can go straight to ford and buy a 2010 Mustang Cobra Jet Drag Racer and they run mid to low 10's right out of the box. With some tuning I'm sure it won't be long before racers get those cars in the mod to low 8's as well. Like the 68 cars. By the time these cars make it into the 8's they will be a far cry from what ford delivered.

The SS/AH cars where impressive for their day no doubt but in reality they where mid 11's cars as delivered and not intended for street use. Today there are a number of cars on the markets that would easily keep pace with one of those cars and is intended to be driven daily and you don't have to look very hard to find one. The ZR1 runs low 11's on stock tires and high 10's on drag radials. Then there's the Mustang factory racer mentioned above............
    Last edited by john01374; 05-11-2010 at 10:57 AM.
    My mother

RC Qualifier
    man o man that 69 mec is cool, well they all are cool. my dad had some 1975 chrysler new yorkers that had the slab sides like the mec. dad called his the "land yacht"

RC Champion
    You're right john about all of them. The 65 is the only year to have that grill. I tell a 67 and a 68 firebird by the pontiac logo on the quarter (but you can't see it) and the firehawk is kind of obvious b/c of the logo on the side, the wheels and the hood scoops.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm new to this forum, so if someone can let me know how to post is pic, I would love to put a few pics up of my car.

RC Champion
    When posting a pic you click the button that has a mountain on it then insert the web address of your picture. Also the pictures have to be online in places like photo bucket.

1970 Plymouth superbird

RC Champion

RC Champion
    You're right john about all of them. The 65 is the only year to have that grill. I tell a 67 and a 68 firebird by the pontiac logo on the quarter (but you can't see it) and the firehawk is kind of obvious b/c of the logo on the side, the wheels and the hood scoops.

Yes 3 for 3... When looking at the 67/68 birds the easiest way i know to tell them apart is the vent windows. 67 has the 68 does not.
    My mother

RC Champion
    Your kidding?!?
    30 posts and not one 69 camaro???

You can only have 2
    Cheap-Performance-Reliability

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rustler 007
    Your kidding?!?
    30 posts and not one 69 camaro???

May just be me but, anymore I dont think of the ol 69 camaros as beastly muscle cars...ya they are sexy as all get out but alot of people own them these days and they just ain't as appealing to me anymore...kinda like ol 60's mustangs...every teen girl in movies has one and it just takes away the coolness factor.

It aint extremely crazy or beastily but stock the 98-02 LS1 powered F-bodies laid down the power nicely...and with longtubes, ls6 intake (98-00), and a new lid they were even nastier.
    What shall I put here?

RC Champion
    Who needs camaros?

RC Champion
    That chevelle is sick, and its a diesel!

Revoroller you can see m dads 02 firehawk, for an LS1 it goes good.

The firehawk package pretty much gives you an ram air intake, diff computer tuning, and a high flowing exhuast. I'd like to put on some headers and a louder exhaust on it.

RC Qualifier
    The 67 shelby gt 500 in red and white. I have had about 8-9 rides in one and let me tell you that these things haull chicken butt. ;P can't post a picture of it because photobucket i can't log into.
    i am the most modest man, thats why im better

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by john01374
    Moe - I understand your obsession with the 68 SS Cuda. It's one of my favorites as well. I have a good friend that has been racing for 40+ years and was paired up with Grand Spaulding Dodge here in Chicago back in the 60's and campaigned Chrysler and Dodges for for close to 20 yrs. Today he still has one of the most impressive collection of dodge factory race cars and rare modles in the country and those that are actually street worthy (won't overheat in 2 miles) can be seen at local shows around here. The more impressive cars are entered in large shows like the world of wheels or trailed to large Moper events. The collection includes one of these original B029 SS Cudas, a 68 SS Hemi Dart, a Pair of A/FX altered cars just to name a few. The collection is close to 40 cars in all and I'm guessing close to half are Mopars. There are a couple of things you need to understand about these cars that isn't normally printed..

The 50 or so cars that where build where never intended to drive on the street. They came complete with stickers that told you they where for racing only. The cars where sold (or given in some cases) to race teams. Stock the cars where fast but not mid 10's.. Put a set of Slicks on a SS Dart or Cuda as delivered from Dodge and you're looking at mid 11's with a really good driver on a really good track with really good air... To get cars into the mid 10's the motors where disassembled and just about everything was replaced, milled, ported etc. By the time these cars saw the competition they where nothing like what came from the factory. If you've ever have a chance to see or hear one of these cars up close you'll notice a few things. One they are excessivly loud with a lumpy cam and a high idle. They need to idle around 1600 - to 2000 RPM just to keep them running. The other major issue is they will overheat in short order. They have loose converters and tall gears making them all but undriveable.

The cars that run high 8's today are nothing like the original cars from 68. The only thing about them that is true a Dodge is the body. Everything is aftermarket and trying to drive one of these cars on the street would be plain foolish.

By comparison today you can go straight to ford and buy a 2010 Mustang Cobra Jet Drag Racer and they run mid to low 10's right out of the box. With some tuning I'm sure it won't be long before racers get those cars in the mod to low 8's as well. Like the 68 cars. By the time these cars make it into the 8's they will be a far cry from what ford delivered.

The SS/AH cars where impressive for their day no doubt but in reality they where mid 11's cars as delivered and not intended for street use. Today there are a number of cars on the markets that would easily keep pace with one of those cars and is intended to be driven daily and you don't have to look very hard to find one. The ZR1 runs low 11's on stock tires and high 10's on drag radials. Then there's the Mustang factory racer mentioned above............
    john,

Just so you know they were mid 10 second cars right from the factory with a set of slicks. As I said in the Super car thread Ronnie Sox was the first to put one on the track in 68 and ran a mid 10's with out him doing any of his own tunning to it. I met Ronnie Sox at Englishtown in 1989, at that time I had a 72 Road Runner that we brung just for the show. It was a numbers matching 440 car with a air grabber I even had the dealers original window sticker with it. Well my pop and I found a stock 6brl intake and carbs and we put them on and had the car sitting next to my pops 64 Max Wedge SS Belveder. Ronnie came over and starting talking to us and he saw the 6Blr on my Road Runner and looked the car over pretty hard. That when he told my pop few buddies and I a story about how he tested the new M-code 440 6 Brl. Super Bee for Dodge in 1969. He was given the car that morning and there was a Dodge rep. on hand with Car and Driver to record the findings. On his first pass he clicked off a high 12. Came back to the pit and did some carb tuning, adjust the timming and air pressure on rear tires and clicked off a 11.97. The Chrysler rep. was shocked and so was the Car and Driver reporter. That number never made it to the Magazine because Chrysler was to worried about the impact it would have on the insurance for these cars. A 3900 pound car that was in the high 11's with out tearing down the motor. So to say a 3000 pound factory drag car couldn't be in the 10's is just not true. I posted a link to one of the original SS cars in the other thread you should read it from top to bottom....

RC Champion
    Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe Le Mans Edition

RC Qualifier
    What can I say, I'm a Mopar Guy. Plymouth Hemi Barracuda all the way baby!!
    Trust me...I'm a Doctor

RC Qualifier
    [IMG][/IMG]

you must be fast, you were right behind me

RC Qualifier
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEVbaq02Phw

This is muscle! haha check us out on Facebook too, search Costic Racing
    Last edited by 62biscayne; 05-15-2010 at 12:53 PM.
    406 Powered 1962 Chevy Biscayne

RC Champion
    Here is some old school muscle.

1939 Mercedes-Benz T80
    six-wheel, mid-engined, 1-seater experimental racing car
    3000 hp 44.5 Litre Daimler-Benz DB 603 V12

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast