Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 82
  1. #41
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    We-Go, Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,900
    Well, if you want to get that old, Wouldn't the '32 Ford with the Flathead V8's be eligible and the among the first muscle cars if not theee first?
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

  2. #42
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Medway MA
    Posts
    2,103
    Those are hot rods. Which I'm a fan of too

    My grandfather has a '32 Ford thats fiberglass with a fuel injected 454 that he would go to all the shows and cruises in. The whole car is mint green. He finished a new one about a year ago thats a 34 Ford, all steel, its got a corvette
    Z06 crate engine in it, its white and orange car with flames that separate the 2 colors, a very clean car.
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

  3. #43
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,296
    A 32 ford would be nice but it doesn't have 3000 horsepower.

  4. #44
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Medway MA
    Posts
    2,103
    Just because a car has a ton of power and isn't current doesn't mean its a muscle car. You should post that mercedez benz in the supercar thread. Most muscle cars were between the 60s and 70s and the second/third gen firebird/trans am/camaro count too
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

  5. #45
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,296
    I think that the mercades is a muscle car. Its a somewhat small car with a huge engine. It also doesnt have good handling and was really intended for speed runs. Muscle cars are hard to classify becuase the term muscle car has so many interpretations. To me any car with over 10 litres counts as a muscle car. And since the merc has 44.5 I think it counts.

  6. #46
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. streetdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The home of the brave....
    Posts
    3,117
    What about a big rig? They are over 10 litre engines. Where exactly does the engine go in that thing anyway, it looks really slim (vertically) to fit such a large engine in there.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

  7. #47
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,296
    Large trucks are in another class. Which is why I said car. And here is a pic of the T80 without the body. The thing looks more like a RC than a car.


  8. #48
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    78
    2003 mustang cobra 10th ann.
    i had a off road x pipe, magnaflow cat back, and dyno tuned.
    car made 432 rwhp and 399 rwtq i had to give it up when i got divorced but before i did i went to the strip and had a little fun. ran a best of 12.00@ 113mph on a set of m/t e.t. sreets



    hotrod power tour 08'






    here are some quick videos

    http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...000_0071-1.flv

    http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=100_0634.flv

    http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=100_0638.flv

    http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=100_0639.flv

    http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=100_0453.flv

    http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=100_0455.flv
    Last edited by Braydan; 05-22-2010 at 11:55 AM.

  9. #49
    RC Champion grandtheft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,348
    Here is a pic of my uncle's '61 Corvette. If anyone lives in Central Ca, like the Fresno area, you've probably seen it. He does at least 10 car shows a year.


  10. #50
    RC Champion grandtheft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Braydan
    2003 mustang cobra 10th ann.
    i had a off road x pipe, magnaflow cat back, and dyno tuned.
    car made 432 rwhp and 399 rwtq i had to give it up when i got divorced but before i did i went to the strip and had a little fun. ran a best of 12.00@ 113mph on a set of m/t e.t. sreets
    [/url]

    432hp to the wheels with just an exhaust and tune?? I thought the 2003 cobra put out about 390hp from the crank, so probably about what... 340hp to the wheels stock? You must of had a great tuner. What type of dyno was it tuned on?

  11. #51
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by grandtheft
    432hp to the wheels with just an exhaust and tune?? I thought the 2003 cobra put out about 390hp from the crank, so probably about what... 340hp to the wheels stock? You must of had a great tuner. What type of dyno was it tuned on?
    yup they were rated at 390 from the factory but where offten underated.
    i never got my car dynoed well stock, but from lots of reading on other forums it wouldnt be uncommon to see a stock car dyno out at 340-390 rwhp

    the 03-04 cobras responded very well to mods.

    i had a UPR o/r x pipe
    magnaflow cat back
    C&L cold air intake (forgot to mention this on the above post)
    and a sct xcal 2 tuner

    the car was dynoed on a dynojet with a very conservative tune




    my budd/ co-worker has the same mods as me + a stage 4 port done to his factory super charger and a smaller s/c pully and he made 500rwhp

  12. #52
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Marietta, OH
    Posts
    3,073
    What engine? We ran a 4.6l with the same bolts on and it had a tune. It made 260 WHP and 283 ft-lbs. This is on a dynojet dyno. This car was also an 03 with a 5 speed.
    Those who throw dirt are bound to lose ground.

  13. #53
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Medway MA
    Posts
    2,103
    Thats a nice vette

    I love the cars that are tubbed
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

  14. #54
    RC Champion grandtheft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Braydan
    yup they were rated at 390 from the factory but where offten underated.
    i never got my car dynoed well stock, but from lots of reading on other forums it wouldnt be uncommon to see a stock car dyno out at 340-390 rwhp

    the 03-04 cobras responded very well to mods.

    i had a UPR o/r x pipe
    magnaflow cat back
    C&L cold air intake (forgot to mention this on the above post)
    and a sct xcal 2 tuner

    the car was dynoed on a dynojet with a very conservative tune
    [/IMG]
    Man, those numbers just seem really high. I mean, a CAI and exhaust will probably only give you around 20 extra HP, if that. Are you still using stock cats? Do you have the dyno results on paper? Not saying you are a liar bro, just surprised to hear those types of HP #'s. Man, I wish my 350z responded that well to bolt on's.

    Speaking of which, do you go to StangNet.com? Royal purple just had a competition called Forum Wars. This year was StangNet.com vs My350z.com. Thought you might be interested. Whats funny is on both forums, we've never even heard of either guy, nor seen the cars on the sites. Royal Purple just found some random people who weren't even forum members to make this episode... but whatever.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htFq6D5zLJA
    Last edited by grandtheft; 05-23-2010 at 12:27 PM.

  15. #55
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by grandtheft
    Man, those numbers just seem really high. I mean, a CAI and exhaust will probably only give you around 20 extra HP, if that. Are you still using stock cats? Do you have the dyno results on paper? Not saying you are a liar bro, just surprised to hear those types of HP #'s. Man, I wish my 350z responded that well to bolt on's.

    Speaking of which, do you go to StangNet.com? Royal purple just had a competition called Forum Wars. This year was StangNet.com vs My350z.com. Thought you might be interested. Whats funny is on both forums, we've never even heard of either guy, nor seen the cars on the sites. Royal Purple just found some random people who weren't even forum members to make this episode... but whatever.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htFq6D5zLJA
    like i said the 03/04 cobras responed very well to bolt on's
    not only that it was a amazing car to begin with.

    i didnt have cats on the car at all. (o/r x pipe =no cats)
    even with that, and making 432rwhp i still got 20-24 mpg on the hy.
    ofcourse as soon as i layed into it my mpg went down hill fast.

    i do still have my dyno sheet, but it will take some work to get my scanner linked back up to my computer. ill try and get it posted up by later tonight.

    i never went on stangnet, svtperformance.com was my drug of choice (screename; nevertofast). these cars are amazing! do some reading on them/ watch some youtube videos. im sure you will be very impressed.

  16. #56
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiek2000
    What engine? We ran a 4.6l with the same bolts on and it had a tune. It made 260 WHP and 283 ft-lbs. This is on a dynojet dyno. This car was also an 03 with a 5 speed.
    mine was also a 4.6l engine, but there were lots of differences between the gt and the cobra engine. the biggest one being the cobra came factory super charged. it also only comes in a 6 speed

    here is a pic of mine when it was still all stock

  17. #57
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    163
    How about some modern Mopar muscle
    2004 srt 4 stage 3
    Revo 3.3 :D

  18. #58
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    sterling hts MICHIGAN!
    Posts
    2,034
    lol im sorry but the srt4 isnt really a mucle car... although they do get some good speeds
    if you want me to i can break your truck for free!

  19. #59
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Medway MA
    Posts
    2,103
    This is modern mopar muscle
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

  20. #60
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    4,478
    Quote Originally Posted by 02hawk
    This is modern mopar muscle
    The only problem is a Stage 3 SRT-4 will blow that thing away. Even with the upgrades on my Challenger R/T, I would never line up against a Stage 3 and expect to win.
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

  21. #61
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    650
    Alright i'll play. How bout some new school pontiac muscle.
    My 2006 GTO, ls2 powered.

    VXL Rustler on 3s
    Villain IVX on (2) 2s

  22. #62
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wapakoneta OH
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperGN
    1970 Plymouth superbird

    +1 on the Superbird!

  23. #63
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Medway MA
    Posts
    2,103
    Do you see any front wheel drive cars besides the neon or is it just me?

    Its a tuner, small, light and has a fast motor in it
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

  24. #64
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by 02hawk
    Do you see any front wheel drive cars besides the neon or is it just me?

    Its a tuner, small, light and has a fast motor in it
    don't hate cause you cant catch me
    Revo 3.3 :D

  25. #65
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Medway MA
    Posts
    2,103
    The car is practical, its small light and is supercharged?
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

  26. #66
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by 02hawk
    The car is practical, its small light and is supercharged?
    no its turbocharged
    Revo 3.3 :D

  27. #67
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Medway MA
    Posts
    2,103
    Aftermarket than? I though they came with superchargers from the factory?
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

  28. #68
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by 02hawk
    Aftermarket than? I though they came with superchargers from the factory?
    no there turbo from factory
    Revo 3.3 :D

  29. #69
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    american fork , utah
    Posts
    221
    ok so ford has the gt 500 (500+ hp) and dodge has the challenger (not sure)
    now chevy has annouced that there will be a z28 version (528 hp ) of the
    new camaro . and i thought the muscle car era was long gone!
    geez, these cars are not only fast , but now they can handle too!!!!!!!

  30. #70
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Medway MA
    Posts
    2,103
    Challeger STR8 425 hp
    Camaro SS 426 hp
    GT500KR 550ish hp
    GT500 500ish hp
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

  31. #71
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. streetdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The home of the brave....
    Posts
    3,117
    Challenger- 41k
    Camaro- 31k
    gt500- 49k
    gt500kr- 80k

    Some additions....
    Hennessy Camaro- 59k 567 horsepower
    Corvette- 49k 426 hp
    Corvette Z06- 70k 550 hp
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

  32. #72
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Medway MA
    Posts
    2,103
    Corvette ZR1 638hp- 115k
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

  33. #73
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    42
    slash, xxxt, merv, soon emaxx

  34. #74
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Medway MA
    Posts
    2,103
    Your pic didn't work

    What was it supposed to be
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

  35. #75
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ajb1205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,651
    Quote Originally Posted by 02hawk
    Corvette ZR1 638hp- 115k
    Jusy saw one driving around yesterday...always liked the Corvette but the ZR1 takes the cake!
    Kraken Baja
    Traxxas X-Maxx

  36. #76
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NW, Iowa
    Posts
    150
    My Grandpa's 1963 Chevy Impala Wagon with 409 V8! Too bad it hasn't seen the road since 1987, let alone been started. Atleast its been stored inside. Hopefully will be our summer project.
    I divide by zero

  37. #77
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Medway MA
    Posts
    2,103
    My Grandpa's got a '64 SS 409 Impala too, nome of his cars have seen the road or been started for a couple years since he had moved to NH. He's got a '62 Vette and a '66 convertible vette, all black
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

  38. #78
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    15
    Here is my little pick-em up truck. I have alot of fun with it. Its an 84 S-10 Sport with a 406. Have learned alot from building this thing!










    Couple of idle video sound clips:

    http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/b...t=100_3241.flv

    http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/b...t=100_2800.flv

  39. #79
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    4,478
    Nice s-10. I am in the middle of putting a v8 in my 1991.



    I did all the body work last winter, new sheet metal, shaved door handles, paint etc. This coming winter the plan is to put a Chrysler 340 in it.
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

  40. #80
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. streetdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The home of the brave....
    Posts
    3,117
    Alanky, that is a gorgeous truck. I love seeing those older s-10s with the SBC swaps that are actually done right. And I also can't stand seeing lower S-10's dragging on the ground with 4 bangers....
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •