RC Enthusiast

Which bodyshell is your favorite & why?

I am still running my stock shell (Mark Jenkins Edition), it's not going to last much longer. Here are my 3 "as of yet" unused " bodyshells for my slash 4x4. Please let me know which of mine you prefer & which one you use & why. I would also like to know if there are any new bodyshells in the pipeline anytime soon!?!

Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum:

Pro-line Chevy Silverado 2009:

Pro-line Hardcore:

RC Qualifier
    I'm stuck on Proline Hardcore SC bodies right now. However Proline has supposedly DISCONTINUED them! So my next one might be the Chevy Silverado or maybe a Desert Rat. I like Proline bodies because they are so tough and I've had some pretty decent 'luck' with them thus far. I'll probably stick with them until they do something stupid and make me go elsewhere anyway.
    Paul Valenti

Slash 4X4 #25 (Mark Jenkins)

RC Qualifier
    I would go with the Silverado for durability. I watched a 4x4 race with one on Saturday and that thing was taking a BEATING! haha, multiple flips and crashes and I don't think it even scratched it! I will be getting one as soon as I need a new one (which is soon, lol). Plus your paint job on it is sick! nice work.

RC Enthusiast
    I have to agree, the Pro-line bodies are made of a lot tougher plastic! I haven't seen a Jconcepts or Parma shell yet so not sure about the thickness of the lexan on them!

RC Racer
    Proline VW Bug Helps keep the dirt out of chassis a little more than the truck bodies.

Jconcepts has a nice bug body but havent tested it or felt it in hand yet.

RC Competitor
    My slash bodies:
    truth, carnage and baja

RC Racer
    This may seem like a very stupid question,

Do any other body's fit like the Desert Rat Body Rustler? or Slipstream 1/10 E-Revo?

or similar?

Nerf bars off i know. and possible body mount mods. Just lookin for more ways to keep dirt out of the chassis.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Connor
    I am still running my stock shell (Mark Jenkins Edition), it's not going to last much longer. Here are my 3 "as of yet" unused " bodyshells for my slash 4x4. Please let me know which of mine you prefer & which one you use & why. I would also like to know if there are any new bodyshells in the pipeline anytime soon!?!

Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum:

Pro-line Chevy Silverado 2009:

Pro-line Hardcore:

I have to say, those are all nice looking bodies. Someone took some time painting them, for sure.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dkaiser
    I would go with the Silverado for durability.
    I disagree. A buddy of mine has that body and after one race, it's cracking a ton around the back areas. It's otherwise fine, but doesn't seem anymore durable than the stock body.

As far as looks, I think the stock SC10 body is the best looking, which is why I used it as my newest shell. I just like the blocky look of the cab/hood/bed. The stock Slash and the Proline bodies just look too "swoopy" for me. I like trucks to look like trucks.
    Turbo in the front, groceries in the back.

RC Champion
    I havent tested a proline body on my Slash yet but my JConcepts Truth body had lasted alot longer than the stocker. Ive done pavement skids and rolls going 50+ MPH on 4 cell and my body has yet to crack. The mount holes are alittle disfigured and the paint is chipping but otherwise its great. I even made a cowl on the hood and roof for better airflow but yet, no cracks!!!
    Drive it like you stole it or leave it shelved

RC Racer
    I like the first one, it looks tough

DO the Goosebumps tires come with the white lettering or did you do that?

RC Qualifier
    He did that. I use a Sharpie paint pen to do all the white lettering on my old Kyosho tires.

RC Racer
    I disagree. A buddy of mine has that body and after one race, it's cracking a ton around the back areas
    Just painted my silverado last week. I also added the RPM body savers hoping to extend the life of the shell some. It feels nice and thick. Almost heavy.

Went to an indoor track for practice tonight. Ran four batteries through her. Prolly bout 20 minute heats. The body already needs serious work if it's gonna last more than a few weeks. Cracks radiating from the around the rear body post in all directions and beside the post running lengthwise. Also a crack between the grill and headlight area.

It looked and felt tough. I had high hopes. I think one problem may be that unlike my desert rat, this truck has no support at all in the rear other than the body post. The rear of the truck comes nowhere close to resting on the bumper. Had I thought about it I could have trimmed it differently.

I'm getting another desert rat. Now that thing was tough!

RC Qualifier
    I also tried the RPM body savers only to have them pop off after some nasty wrecks. I went back to the stock plastic washers. They don't look as pretty, but they get the job done.

RC Racer
    Desert rat is tough for sure!My friend has the f-150 body and it's been holding up real well too.

RC Qualifier
    I would buy Jconcepts If I want a very durable one. I have a Jconcepts now for 9 months and just 2 small cracks.
    The Proline body's have better design but the lexan has a little less flex then the Jconcepts.
    I have a proline hardcore for 3 months and is starting to crack seriously.

the SC10 is the best looking shell, but a little thin compared to jconcepts and proline.

the stock traxxas and jammin shells are to thin and are torn after 5 minutes
    slash 4x4 VXL, Novak HV4.5, MMP

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by turbowop
    I also tried the RPM body savers only to have them pop off after some nasty wrecks. I went back to the stock plastic washers. They don't look as pretty, but they get the job done.
    The trick to the RPM body savers is to use a dab of CA glue. I had the same problem.
    Slash 4x4 PE - MMM 2650, Losi 8ight 2.0 Shocks

RC Qualifier
    Ah. That's a great idea. I hadn't even thought about using CA.

RC Racer
    The trick to the RPM body savers is to use a dab of CA glue. I had the same problem.
    I have my body savers seriously glued togather. They aren't coming out but the cracks on the Silverado are starting under the body savers and radiating outward. No stretching like would usually preceeds cracks, just cracks. Very upsetting, grrrrr. It's hard to relay how I feel without getting edited, lol.

I wonder if their mix or temp was off when it was molded. Definatly more brittle than any lids I've owned previously.

RC Champion
    i read that some people use shogo or something like that around the mounting holes on there bodies,as well as around the rpm body savers.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Racer
    i read that some people use shogo or something like that around the mounting holes on there bodies,as well as around the rpm body savers.
    Ya, I'm going to give that a shot before I run it again.

RC Champion
    not sure how it works but i also have read that people do this to the entire body to help save the paint as well.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Racer
    Sorry to Critique some of you but the forums has a spell check, Slow down. I'm laying in bed on a laptop I NEVER use, VERY hard to type on, I'm not perfect but seriously. At least type so we can understand.

anyway anyone have the 0080 - Illuzion - BAJR - Traxxas Slash Desert body?

http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...00a5c9eeb56c1c

I REALLY want this body, But haven't seen anyone using it yet on the 4x4

RC Competitor
    i like proline bodies, but i always look to jconcepts first. they are tough and always look awesome. the manta body is slick.

RC Qualifier
    I covered almost the whole underside of my new SC10 body with black duct tape in hopes that it will hold up longer. Time will tell.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by wallofchaos
    Sorry to Critique some of you but the forums has a spell check, Slow down. I'm laying in bed on a laptop I NEVER use, VERY hard to type on, I'm not perfect but seriously. At least type so we can understand.

anyway anyone have the 0080 - Illuzion - BAJR - Traxxas Slash Desert body?

http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...00a5c9eeb56c1c

I REALLY want this body, But haven't seen anyone using it yet on the 4x4
    That body is very cool but it says Slash 2wd on the Jconcepts page, maybe it dosent fit the 4wd, but I'm sure they have the same mounting holes!

RC Qualifier
    I like the Proline Chevy Silverado Body the best. I think its the closest looking one to the real SC truck.

I dont like the Ford F-150 Body cause the front looks really fake. now the raptor body looks really good.

I also like the 14rs.
    Owner of: 1/10 Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition

RC Qualifier
    I think the Ford Raptor SVT SCT-R is my favorite right now....
    momomotorsports - Slash - PE Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    I have been loving my Bajr body, Great for air flow through the kit and when i do roll ( often on 3S packs ) its rounded so it typically ends back up on its shoes !

RC Racer
    Hey Lambert. You running that without the neft bars?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rustler09
    i put a thin layer of shoe glu on the whole truck to help the paint survive better. i also put it thicker in the corners and around body post or anywere that looks like it can twist easily.
    S4x4 MMM,1512CC,RPM,MIP
    Revo MMM,1520CC,RPM,MIP

RC Enthusiast
    The Bajr bodyshell, looks good! Might be wise to invest in one of them...