RC Qualifier

What do you do to prepare your slash for a race weekend?

Hello All,

I realized that before every race weekend I am usually taking my truck apart, inspecting for damage and cleaning things before I go to the track. I figured I would share my checklist with y'all to lend a helping hand, and also to see if there are any items that I am checking that are pointless, or any things I am leaving off the list.

Please feel free to post your own list or propose changes to mine.

1. Inspect/clean all bearings with RPM bearing blaster and solvent

2. Re lube bearings with light oil.

3. Check transmission gears for wear/dirt intrusion into transmisison, check & reset gear mesh between pinion and spur. Check slipper for excessive wear, reset to suit track/ driving prefrence.

4. Inspect/clean/refil diff with fluid of choice.

5. Remove shocks, empty old oil, rebuild to suit particular track conditions.
    Replace worn, bent, or damged parts. Pay special attention to leaking shocks.

6. With shocks removed, run suspension through entire range of motion to check for binding or resistance, replace hinge pins if needed.

7. Reassemble truck, use blue threadlock on all metal on metal fasteners, and on pesky hinge pins that thread into plastic. Double check upper shock mounting bolts for tightness/thread lock and wheel nuts for tightness.

8. Test drive and adjust setup as needed, check temperatures and runtime.

9. Charge/replace TX batteries, pack spare parts, charge truck batteries in order of importnace. (ie: race pack(s), practice pack(s), bashing pack(s)

10. Pack the car and prepare to arrive at the track early to practice as much as possible to fine-tune your setup and your line.

Edit: I forgot to add checking wheel alignment put that somewhere between #'s 7 and 8
    Last edited by Krispy; 05-12-2010 at 10:32 AM.
    Chris
    Summit 4s
    DiggerPede 2s & 3s
    Slash 2WD 2s

RC Qualifier
    you forgot TYRES, tyres are pretty important.

Check beads, clean tread, dress... or mount a new set if your old set has seen better days.

RC Qualifier
    Sprinkle a little pixie dust ontop on slash, and add a cranky kid in the car seat. Well cranky till she sees all the other rc
    Traxxas should just cash my checks for me

RC Competitor
    What are we talking here, club type racing or semi-pro/regional type things...

I pop my body off, give everything a look over, tighten the odd screw, knock the dirt off of it, then pop the body back on and go racing...only time I take it apart is if something breaks, which I can count the times that has happened @ a race, on one hand...

Other than that I have started to keep a log book with all my setups for the couple tracks I race at...
    MoD SLaSH - 10.5T - 2S - Hellbent LCG Chassis

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashdrivr
    What are we talking here, club type racing or semi-pro/regional type things...

I treat all races as semi-pro / regional type things

And so far I have won every one (2 for 2)
    Chris
    Summit 4s
    DiggerPede 2s & 3s
    Slash 2WD 2s