Thread: one battery

RC Racer

one battery

hi all, would like to know is there anyone running one battery in there mini revos. and does it hurt to run one battery.

cheers tony...

RC Champion
    Doesnt hurt as long as you are running a decent battery, obviously halves your runtime

Saves a bit of weight which helps

Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    SCT MMP / 2400kv

I run a single 2s pack. I like keeping the weight down. Then when the first pack is done it goes on the charger while I am running the second pack. I can charge my packs at 2c which means roughly a 30 min charge time and I get an easy 30 min and ofter 35 min run time out of them so I can run constantly if I chose to. I usually take a break between packs and only charge at a 1c rate most times though.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    thanks for your replys, when you run one pack what do you do to the other plug thats not being used, can someone point me to afew threads about this.

thanks in advance cheers tony....

RC Racer
    ok my bad i didn't see there is only one plug coming out of the speed controller.

cheers tony....

RC Racer
    i run a 2200mah 7.4 and a 1500mah 11.1s (which get me about 45mph) and last for about 25 mins
    sice getting the lipo don't run the other battery anymore

RC Racer
    Depending on how much you plan on driving your MERV you may decide to stick with NiMH and get another battery with a larger mA rating, get a parallel adaptor to run two batteries or even go the LiPo route which will cost more, but will increase run time and power output altogether, depending on what LiPo setup you use.

I plan on going LiPo eventuially, but I'm in an area where the temps average above 90 degrees at night, so heat is an issue for me reguardless of battery type, NiMH or LiPo. I just don't want to spend all my money out here and mess up my expensive LiPo purchases.

It all depends on how you plan on using your RC though.
    T-Maxx Classic - w/TRX2.5
    MERV - Stock