RC Competitor

ballistic 550 6.5 or 4.5

i want to get one i only run 2s at our track medium size jumps and layout what should i go with the 6.5 3400kv or 4.5 5000 kv plan on using mm pro esc ? or something else you guys might recomend

RC Enthusiast
    How about the 5.5? Should be a little faster than the stock VXL but still have low temps and decent run time.

RC Qualifier
    Talked to Novak last night about a 5.5 or 4.5 From what i was told, a 5.5 is great and ppl go to a 4.5 if a little more speed is needed for a larger track.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti as3
    Talked to Novak last night about a 5.5 or 4.5 From what i was told, a 5.5 is great and ppl go to a 4.5 if a little more speed is needed for a larger track.
    Or you can gear up the 5.5 higher if you need more speed. 20/50 gearing should put you around 45mph on 2s. Yes, the 4.5 can get you faster on 2s, but I would rather start using higher voltage (3s lipo) rather than higher gearing or higher Kv to go any faster than that. Using higher voltage and lower gearing allows the same speeds to be achieved with lower amperage, and therefore lower temps.