RC Qualifier

Question Weird radio interference?

I went out yesterday to one of my favorite spots (a large dirt mound) to do some bashing. I took out the truck, and started up the hill. I only got about 5 meters away when the steering wouldn’t respond. I thought for sure I had popped the servo saver, or broke some linkage. Upon inspection, everything looked good. I tried again, and got spotty steering. When I had to swap out my servo, I had to splice the wires, so I thought one of them had shorted, but everything there was intact. I also suspected the receiver wire antenna, but it looked OK too. Freshly charged batteries in the radio.

Now here’s the weird part – it was only the steering which was affected. The throttle worked just fine. I even swapped out outlets on the receiver (for the steering) but had the same issue. When I got home, the truck responded fine. Is it possible for radio interference to only affect 1 channel, and not the other? (I only have the standard AM radio, not the 2.4ghz)
    Censorship is wrong

RC Qualifier
    I guess it is possible to get interference in one channel because my steering works fine but my throttle is constantly getting interference. I had to buy 2.4ghz.
    MERV
    Stampede XL-5

RC Qualifier
    are you near a radar, or tv station?

Hey OP, thats an AM radio for ya! Go to 2.4ghz, and you'll never look back.

CraigV,
    I have seen very similar issues. When you moved the servos on the receiver did the problem follow the servo or was it on the same channel as before you moved it.

I noticed you said you had fresh batts in the Radio, how about the receiver? Migh want to also try borrowing a set of crystals, believe it or not I have seen that happen and it end up being a bad set of crystals.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    CraigV,
    I have seen very similar issues. When you moved the servos on the receiver did the problem follow the servo or was it on the same channel as before you moved it.

I noticed you said you had fresh batts in the Radio, how about the receiver? Migh want to also try borrowing a set of crystals, believe it or not I have seen that happen and it end up being a bad set of crystals.

There are 2 slots for the steering, so I just tried the other one. It did seem to help, but I donít know why. I wonder if a different frequency might help?
    Censorship is wrong

RC Qualifier
    you may not know this but ALL milltary radars can sweep ALL frequencies. also they can burn out any radio that is broadcasting, they call it "jaming". but you didnt hear it from me.