Thread: Steering sticks

RC Champion

Steering sticks

On my brother in law's and a friends slash (both stock steering parts, one with RPM skids, one stock), the steering will stick a bit in the last direction.. i.e. if they steer left, the bellcranks will point a bit left after releasing the steering, if they steer right, they point a bit right.. of course that can't be trimmed out, and causes some straight line trouble.
    They already cleaned everything to make sure it's not dirt that causes them to stick. Any other ideas?

Also, I noticed there is a lot of play even with aluminium bellcranks.. If you grab one tire and wiggle it a bit, it can be moved quite a bit before the "other side" gets pulled along, the play seems to be in the bellcranks themselves.. is there any fix for that, or just part of the way the steering is?

RC Qualifier
    Its not part of it thats for sure. Take it apart completely and look at every piece and also the chassis. I havnt had this happen to me.
    Buying Monster Trucks Madness Right Now

RC Racer
    I get this steering drift problem on my mini erevo. I found that replacing the servo saver fixes it. So take a close look at your servo saver and see if the stickiness is there.

RC Champion
    This is happening on two different slashes, one is stock and just a few runs old, the other is half a year old.. the older one has just recently had the steering torn apart and cleaned fully to try to fix it, so that's not why.
    The servo saver sounds like a possibility, although I can't really imagine this happening on a nearly new car.
    I got a servo saver on the way anyways, will try with that to see if it changes anything.

RC Competitor
    -Servo not centering
    -Servo saver stripped/slipping/not tight enough
    -Binding somewhere in your steering linkage.

Bent pins in the C hub I've seen the most, also had a problem when I first switched mine over to the aluminum C hubs, the RPM plastic steering arm was a touch too wide...
    MoD SLaSH - 10.5T - 2S - Hellbent LCG Chassis