RC Qualifier

MERV brushless vs Rustler

Hey guys, I am looking into a 1/16 BL erevo and wanted to do a little homework first.

I have a brushed E-maxx and it's alot of fun off-road.

I also have a brushed Rustler which is fun on road, but sorta sucks off-road (unless its hard packed dirt, etc)

I wanted a full size E-Revo for off-road, but this mini is cheaper ($200) and brushless power.

I want to know if it is still good for off-road like my E-Maxx or is it more for the street like my rustler?

I imagine the size limits it considerably...

THanks!

RC Racer
    I have a 1/10 revo, and a 1/16 revo, and just got rid of my slash (to get the merv) the only downfall of the merv is with it bein smaller, it gets throwin around by obstacles easier then the 1/10, do to smaller tires. other then that, I LOVE IT!!! it's tough, its fast, and its FAST LOL...
    RC'S LIKE LIFE, IF IT AINT FUN, YER DOIN IT WRONG!

RC Qualifier
    merv isn't very good off road. It just jumps at the slightest bump if your looking for off road I'd say 4x4 slash summit or erbe

I do go off road with my merv still but it flip so much...

RC Racer
    its dosent handle the bumps i use mine for on road only but there fun and fast

RC Racer
    I have a E-Maxx and a Merv mini that I run on my own off road track. (loose dirt, jumps & oval)
    I found the merv to be quite good at handling and very fast, but also would say that I walked the track, picking up stones and things that the e-maxx did not care about. After doing so, the merv is the fastest thing on the track.
    PS Had to lower & tweak e-maxx to stop it from flipping the oval, but the merv is out the box and flying!

RC Racer
    I use to have a T-maxx and a E-maxx. The merv cannot compare but it goes offroad alot better then my old rustler. The other day i was offroading the merv on gravel and through think grass about 6inchs and even some grass about foot tall which was rather thinned out. I can report that the merv made it through it with out much trouble. I am always surprised what the merv can tackle. I would go for the merv.

RC Qualifier
    Good info everyone. I really appreciate all the replies.

I always hate to go buy a new RC to discover its not right for your specific tastes afterall.

It sounds to me like the Merv is pretty awesome under certain conditions, (similar to the rustler) but no comparison for the full scale e-revo/e-maxx.

Now if only I could sell my 3906 E-maxx and use the cash to try out the merv...