RC Enthusiast

what maintenance does the slash 4x4 need?

I'm thinking of getting a slash 4x4 for my first hobby grade rc car, but I dont know what maintenance it requires after each day of running. I would be running it on hard dirt, snow, in wet conditions,tall grass, and on gravel. Also, is the slash 4x4 a basher? Thanks

First off....welcome to the forum!!

Wet conditions will require extra attention to maintenance and tall grass won't be the friendliest place to run this vehicle.

My basic maintenance routine is as follows:

- Remove tire/wheels
    - Blow off the entire truck with air compressor
    - Visual inspection of all screws, arms, etc looking for loose, bent, or broken parts/wires.
    - A quick rotation or so looking for drivetrain binding

This is my general electric vehicle routine. Obviously my racing routine is far more involved. Slash 4x4 specific things I do is take the center diff out after each day and completely clean and lube the 10x15x4 bearing located on the center diff. I used to double check the axles after each run but since switching to Tekno axles I haven't had an issue. So far I have yet to break a part (other than bent axles) or lose a bearing so I would give it a nod as being a good basher.

RC Enthusiast
    sorry thanks rc77

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovdog
    First off....welcome to the forum!!

Wet conditions will require extra attention to maintenance and tall grass won't be the friendliest place to run this vehicle.

My basic maintenance routine is as follows:

- Remove tire/wheels
    - Blow off the entire truck with air compressor
    - Visual inspection of all screws, arms, etc looking for loose, bent, or broken parts/wires.
    - A quick rotation or so looking for drivetrain binding

This is my general electric vehicle routine. Obviously my racing routine is far more involved. Slash 4x4 specific things I do is take the center diff out after each day and completely clean and lube the 10x15x4 bearing located on the center diff. I used to double check the axles after each run but since switching to Tekno axles I haven't had an issue. So far I have yet to break a part (other than bent axles) or lose a bearing so I would give it a nod as being a good basher.
    Thanks for the info.

RC Racer
    Dont forget to pull the driveshafts apart and sand them a bit. Mine kept getting "frozen" until I used some fine sandpaper.

I havnt has them "seize" up since I sanded the area that slips over each other.

There is a clip on you tube somewhere.
    Emaxx,E-Revo,4x4 Slash,2-Blitz's,Firestorm,Mini T

RC Champion
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Champion
    You'll need quite a few "Ben Franklins" LOL

Al
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    great vide!