RC Racer

this boat ROCKS!!!!

I posted this thread just so everyone could post why they like this boat. One reason I like it is because of the motor and esc system I hope they make a surface vesion of the VXL 6s and they put it in an e-revo. I also think how big the bettery conpartments are is very cool.So just post what you like about the Titan here!
    Because I said so.

RC Qualifier
    Everything about them looks pretty cool. I've been waiting for traxxas to catch up in the boat game. Was really eyeing a ul1 to play with, but this looks more appealing. Nice work TRX!
    2 ERBEs, Merv,Pede vxl & xl5, mmm/neu rustler

Awesome Possum
    Yes this boat is nuts......6s CRAZY fast everyone will love this boat. Can's wait to get one myself.

RC Champion
    just wish it came stock with a brass prop but im sure once it catches on someone will make um
    Vintage TRX collector|Florida Dirt Oval racer

Quote Originally Posted by revo Hawkman
    One reason I like it is because of the motor and esc system I hope they make a surface vesion of the VXL 6s and they put it in an e-revo.

This would be a step backwards for the E-Revo/E-Maxx. The CC combo is a much better system on land vehicles!
    Emaxx- truggy/CD conversion...

RC Qualifier
    I just watch the action video and it wicked. But does anyone know if is 'salted' - meaning can I use it in the ocean?
    Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnf
    Everything about them looks pretty cool. I've been waiting for traxxas to catch up in the boat game. Was really eyeing a ul1 to play with, but this looks more appealing. Nice work TRX!
    The UL-1 is a Awesome boat!
    but for everyday bashing at the lake and something that is ready to run without being on the edge of out of control, the new Traxxas Titan is the one to have!
    Traxxas has just now opened up the flood gates to the RTR FE world of boating!
    I believe this new mono is going to open the doors to people of all ages to get into FE Boats like no other boat in the hobby

Quote Originally Posted by Ray00Ray
    I just watch the action video and it wicked. But does anyone know if is 'salted' - meaning can I use it in the ocean?
    Yes you can!
    spray some WD through the cooling system before and after a days run to flush out any salt residue
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-09-2010 at 09:34 PM. Reason: merge
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray00Ray
    Theres no reason you shouldn't be able to.
    Just make sure you wash it off thoroughly after to clean the saltwater off of it as well as lubricate necessary parts as needed. Besides that it should be solid, after all the villain runs saltwater just fine.
    Do note that ocean sized waves will be a challenge for this boat due to the higher speeds & smaller deadrise. But otherwise just go have fun with it.
    VXL Rustler on 3s
    Villain IVX on (2) 2s

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker
    The UL-1 is a Awesome boat!
    but for everyday bashing at the lake and something that is ready to run without being on the edge of out of control, the new Traxxas Titan is the one to have!
    Traxxas has just now opened up the flood gates to the RTR FE world of boating!
    I believe this new mono is going to open the doors to people of all ages to get into FE Boats like no other boat in the hobby
    No denying the ul1 is sweet! But like you said, it is more "on the edge", where as the titan looks like it would be more of a fun boat just for pond bashing. I don't have any plans for boat racing, just want something to play with. Looked into building a FE, but would like to start with a RTR. So far this one looks like the best option to me. Lot of cool innovation traxxas brought to the table.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnf
    No denying the ul1 is sweet! But like you said, it is more "on the edge", where as the titan looks like it would be more of a fun boat just for pond bashing. I don't have any plans for boat racing, just want something to play with. Looked into building a FE, but would like to start with a RTR. So far this one looks like the best option to me. Lot of cool innovation traxxas brought to the table.
    I agree man!
    This Mono is going to open up the doors to alot of people!!
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

RC Qualifier
    the thing i really like about this boat is the ease of service to it

the whole motor and esc assembly remove from the boat with 2 bolts....piece of cake to work on

im impressed it runs on 6S out of the box...

i think traxxas has opened up a whole new class of boat racing with this design

well done traxxas... i cant wait to have one of these myself

RC Qualifier
    My only concern is the seal on the tube that runs through the transom. It seems to come out with the electronics tray. Hard to tell how they make it water tight from the pics on the site.

RC Qualifier
    It's about time. I bought a Supervee 27 brushless a couple years ago because I thought it was the best electric boat at the time. Looks like it's time for me to upgrade to the Titan.

Anyone interested in a slightly used supervee 27 brushless, J/K.
    Last edited by Carguy; 06-09-2010 at 09:01 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    well done traxxas

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker
    Yes you can!
    spray some WD through the cooling system before and after a days run to flush out any salt residue
    That is a giant plus! Great job traxxas!
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Qualifier
    I am getting one asap,was looking at boats for a while wondering what to get,perfect timing Traxxas!!!

This Titan is going to wake up the boat scene,well done Traxxas,Bravo!

RC Racer
    I love it because it looks like it has been designed down to the smallest detail. every thing has been thought out

Now. How re we going to protect our batteries(mainly lipos) from water? I'm not buying maxamps just b/c they're waterproof.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Qualifier
    I can't wait to get one. I am still recovering from getting a summit and mini revo though

as for the op I'm not too happy with the name but that's not really a problem it's just titan sounds big and slow this is FAST.
    Everything else is awesome and it looks like you could fit any bat in there you want lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0
    Now. How re we going to protect our batteries(mainly lipos) from water? I'm not buying maxamps just b/c they're waterproof.
    I assume from the photos that the hatch on the titan is much more water tight than the villain ever was. And therefore the electronics and everything inside should stay dry.
    However on my villain I am currently running off of two lipos, so all I do is put them in a ziploc bag to protect them from any water that may intrude.
    So if you want to be extra cautious then theres your answer that's a quick solution.
    VXL Rustler on 3s
    Villain IVX on (2) 2s

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Actually, if you look at the pics of the rear of the titan you can see there are 2 cooling vent holes in the rear of the hatch. That seems like a bad place for them IMO and maybe they wont be there on the production version.
    One thing I noticed with my villain is how much cooler everything stayed when running lipos. Way less heat in the motor compartment which in turn kept the motors even cooler. I think with the titan, running it on 2 X 2S lipos will be much cooler than running it on 2 X 7cell nimh. Moving up to 6S will create more heat, but even under those circumstances, having the batteries stay cooler will help keep heat under the hatch way down.

RC Qualifier
    You're right pavment, I never noticed the vents. However i'm not 100% sure they're functional or not. They could just be there for the design purposes.
    You'd think if they were functional traxxas would advertise that as a feature. But I guess we'll hafta wait & see.
    VXL Rustler on 3s
    Villain IVX on (2) 2s

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O~Boy
    I assume from the photos that the hatch on the titan is much more water tight than the villain ever was. And therefore the electronics and everything inside should stay dry.
    However on my villain I am currently running off of two lipos, so all I do is put them in a ziploc bag to protect them from any water that may intrude.
    So if you want to be extra cautious then theres your answer that's a quick solution.
    ^^^ I never even thought about protecting my Lipos from possible water damage. (Well this would be my first boat) And that's a great idea. Good tip. I might vouch for a plastic bag instead though.

And if you're running good batts. heat IMHO would not be a problem. The TPs and Hyps I run in my EMBE are not even warm after a full bash which I would guestimate is about 30 - 40 mins.
    **I hope there are RCs in Heaven; EMBE + 6S FTW!**