Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC poster
    so perhaps I will just upgrade to an ESC
    It'll be one of these you need then ?

I have two of them sat in a box doing nothing, PM me if one is any use to you ?

Why don't I need them for my Villian 1V - well it is now dual brushless, with some other mods, will write about and show images and video when its finished, it has a few teething issues at the moment.
    Last edited by floaty; 08-06-2010 at 05:27 PM.

Traxxas Marshal
    One of those would work, but I think I'm going to go with a more modern ESC. I had bad luck with the old BL-1 in my other Villain.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Turnbuckle Jr. bashin Maxxer15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool
    One of those would work, but I think I'm going to go with a more modern ESC. I had bad luck with the old BL-1 in my other Villain.
    Lol, I keep thinking about upgrading mine. But then again, the old BL-1 still handles dual 3800mah packs with no problems and has been drowned several times. It just keep going and going and going and going
    It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Traxxas Marshal
    Mine fried the first time she sunk! Oh well... We'll see what happens.

Traxxas Marshal
    I took her out for a run this past weekend when I went to my parents' place. I have some pictures, but I forgot to upload them before I left. Since I am using a Futaba Atack stick radio, I had my girlfriend drive as I shot a few pictures.

She ran very well for having Stinger motors and a MSC. Water cooling is definitely needeed, though... after a run with one GP3300 pack, things were VERY toasty under the hatch! With that being said, it ran well, and we had a lot of fun. I'm currently down state again visiting my girlfriend's parents... I'll try to get the action pictures up early next week.

Happy boating,

-cooleo

Traxxas Marshal
    Well, here you guys go. As summer is coming to a close, as does my project. I'm so glad that I was able to find this boat and finally got a chance to build a kit. ... A dream come true!

Here she is on the water:

Happy boating,

-cooleo

RC Turnbuckle Jr. bashin Maxxer15's Avatar
    Nice pics! Makes me want to run mine again, I was just on Lake Huron a couple days ago, but I didn't have the Villain.

Do you have any night shots with the nav. lights on?
    It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Traxxas Marshal
    Thank you. No, no pictures with the lights. I haven't hooked them up yet. I never ended up finding the time to wire it all up. Eventually, I would like to make them remote activated and such.

Too bad about not having your boat at the lake.

RC Qualifier
    Great looking boat, Congrats on finding a NIB Villain IV! She is a real beauty, any new update on the lighting?
    "Obedience alone gives the right to command."

Traxxas Marshal
    Thanks, Sierra!

Nope, sorry. I still haven't had the chance to mess with the wiring. Truth be told, I haven't touched the boat since I took those pictures of her running; my time has been really limited lately. One of these days I will find the time to get the lights fully wired up!

RC Racer
    Nice Boat!!!! any updates or pics from this season????
    EMBE BANDIT VXL SASSY CLOD RC10L RC18MT

Traxxas Marshal
    Unfortunately, no on both accounts.

I've had it out for a few runs this year, but I never took any pictures. One of the runs was a pretty wavy one, and that was interesting. Not having proportional speed control kind of stinks when you're trying to navigate the waves (probably 1 footers that day). Part of me is tempted to put a decent ESC in here, but the other part of me wants to keep it bone-stock. We'll see...my guess is that I will get sick of the limited throttle control one of these days! Who knows. Maybe if I could get my hands on an old RC-Hydros ESC, I'd stick one in here.

I haven't messed around with the lights at all lately. Something is wrong with the bow lights, as I can't get them to come on any more; I'm not sure what has happened there. One of these days I'll take a look at them and try to figure it out!

Happy boating,

-cooleo

RC Champion
    Great boat Like said before, I like the clean look with the white and blue.
    Have you not put the windshield on it yet?
    Or are you not going to?

God answers prayer,pray,believe,NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Traxxas Marshal
    Thanks!

I actually think that I am going to leave the windshield off, as I have grown accustomed to it not being there (and kind of like it).

Hey cooleocool, guess what I bought the other day? I'll create a thread as soon as it arrives.
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

Traxxas Marshal
    Has it arrived yet?

Speaking of this project, it hasn't been driven in years. I don't get to the water much anymore. I did take some time this past weekend to dust off my Villains. Apparently the oiling system in my IV kit leaked most of the bottle of silicone oil into the hull. So I got that cleaned up as best I could and removed the bottle. Part of me is honestly tempted to take the IV hull and swap all of my "EX" components into it. I really don't need two Villains, and my old hull from the early 2000s is well worn and yellowed. We'll see. I could always paint my old hull, too. What I do know is that I couldn't part with them. The Villain is an amazing boat, it's too bad they're not in production any longer.

Hi Cooleocool, yes, I got it! But, I haven't had the chance to build it yet! It looks so nice, hope all the parts are in the box.

I got several boats lately, a few from Traxxas and many from Latrax, will try to post pictures shortly.

He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

Traxxas Marshal
    Good. You'd better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12