RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar

E-Maxx Servo Sticking

I finally got a chance to get parts for my EMBE that has been sitting for oh I don't know, a few months! I took it out, and I remembered why this thing was giving me such a headache! When on high speed runs, the steering loves to stick after I turn it. It's acting like a TYCO. When I turn it to the right, and after I let off for it to go back strait, it veers off to the right acting as if I hit the trim between the transition. It's really making me quite mad since the E-Maxx is pretty uncontrolable as it is, but now I have sticking servos. I've tightened steering links, changed servo screws, re-set the position. Any other things I could do? It's becoming undrivable, I almost took out a mailbox because of it.

(I did post this in the EMBE section but since it's the same steering as the 3905 I figured I would get more responses here)
    Thank you!
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Racer
    Check your front bulkhead...did you have a good crash before it started.

I let a friend drive mine and he hit a curb going pretty fast....at first glance it just looked like he pulled the ball thru the bearing carrier. I had a set of RPM carriers I wanted to put on anyway so I installed the carriers but it was still giving me issues. I would turn one way and it would stay going that way.

I then found one servo was bad....I could hold it with my finger and it would not turn....it worked fine with no load on it....no problem had a spare servo....still same issue

I finally tore the whole front end down and one side of the bulkhead had a hairline crack and the hingepin was also cracked

Replaced front bulkhead and hinge pins....finally steering normal again....thats the last time he ever drove one of my RC's
    Emaxx,E-Revo,4x4 Slash,2-Blitz's,Firestorm,Mini T

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    that is a lot of good info there, thank you! I think I have it figured out on the bellcrank spring. I am going to get a new alum. belcrank with no spring and see what happens.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)