Thread: Any cat people?

RC Qualifier

Any cat people?

Well, there are a couple of threads about people’s dogs, so why not cats?

Dexter & Murphy

Yoda

I really love dogs too, we’re just not home enough to properly take care of one. Cats are great pets too.
    Censorship is wrong

RC Qualifier
    I like cats.... I just can't eat a whole one...

But for real, I had one once, and a couple of my friends have them and i dont have any real problems with them, but id never want one again..

RC Champion
    We have a cat and a dog. We got the cat first in fact. We've had him for several years. (of course the puppy is brand new.)

His name is Garfield...
    I have lots of goofy pictures of him.

He looks wide doesn't he?

Like most cats, he likes to lay on my stuff.

See?

More laying on board games.

"Freeze sucka!"

He also likes to chill out in the fireplace behind the big TV. Ya. He's weird.

I'm sure every one has seen their cat do this.

I almost forgot the obligatory...
    Last edited by Slasher; 06-13-2010 at 09:22 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Here's Ollie and Peanut

Peanut's a kitten here
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-13-2010 at 10:15 PM.
    Who needs nitro, when you got LiPo?

RC Champion
    im sorry but i hate cats. my wife loves them alot, and i let her get one, then i let her get another one, then somehow i broke ones paw in 3 places and had to pay 300 bucks to fix it. then they would be up all night knocking stuff over and getting into stuff so i told my wife i was getting rid of them, put them up on craigslist one night and they were both gone by morning time. they were weird too, they ate anything you would show them, they wwould play fetch with paper balls and they farted really loud, cats are very nasty animals IMO
    As of 4-1-10 im back in the rc scene

RC Qualifier
    One thing I've learned - people either love cats, or dislike them a lot.
    Censorship is wrong

RC Qualifier
    i love cats, they think they own everything, oh wait they DO own everything

RC Enthusiast
    i Have 4 cats .
    And i love em.
    --Jon ಠ_ಠ
    Backbajr~NitroStampede~BrushlessEmaxx

RC Champion
    Not a fan of cats. Aside from being allergic to them, I like animals that you can actually interact with.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

i have 6 cats lol there awsome

...Clown

...Cali

....rusty and Orange

....Rex

...little o

....R2
    Last edited by TMaxxcrazy33; 06-13-2010 at 05:44 PM.
    slash
    summit
    rampage mt
    tmaxx
    SCX10Dingokit

RC Racer
    This is boots. She's pretty good until she eats and 5 mins. later she's walking through the living room gagging and pukes on the floor.......thats when she's the wifes cat.

RC Champion
    i have both a cat and dog, here is few of midnight,

evil kitty,

doesn't like to be bothered,

what the !!????,
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay 313
    Not a fan of cats. Aside from being allergic to them, I like animals that you can actually interact with.
    Not sure what you mean by this. If you're referring to a dog being more amiable to learn and perform tricks, that's just how a dog is. I enjoy the more laid back & occasional aloof demeanor of a cat to the "obedience above all" attitude of a dog. My cat is sitting in my lap & purring as I pet him, because he is happy to be there - that's the kind of interaction I appreciate.

As I said, I love dogs too, but I think this sums it up well:

A dog says," You pet me, you feed me, you shelter me, and you love me, you must be God.
    " A cat says," You pet me, you feed me, you shelter me, and you love me, I must be a God”
    Censorship is wrong

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay 313
    I'm allergic to both, but don't normally have any issues with them, other than my Neighbor's Evil, Little, yappy, Mini Pincher. Little bugger barks at anything that makes noise in my yard and has tried to bite me on more than one occasion.
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigV

A dog says," You pet me, you feed me, you shelter me, and you love me, you must be God.
    " A cat says," You pet me, you feed me, you shelter me, and you love me, I must be a God”
    so true!

Edited for Language
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-13-2010 at 10:20 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkelley05
    This is boots. She's pretty good until she eats and 5 mins. later she's walking through the living room gagging and pukes on the floor.......thats when she's the wifes cat.
    Thats too funny!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles
    Thats too funny!
    Of course, you're not the one who has to clean that mess up
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC Champion
    [QUOTE=Jkelley05]This is boots. She's pretty good until she eats and 5 mins. later she's walking through the living room gagging and pukes on the floor.......thats when she's the wifes cat.

i have the same problem with my cat!! hate it!!!
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigV
    Not sure what you mean by this. If you're referring to a dog being more amiable to learn and perform tricks, that's just how a dog is. I enjoy the more laid back & occasional aloof demeanor of a cat to the "obedience above all" attitude of a dog. My cat is sitting in my lap & purring as I pet him, because he is happy to be there - that's the kind of interaction I appreciate.

As I said, I love dogs too, but I think this sums it up well:

thats not really a good thing to look at it this way but its true.
    but and animal IMO should be part of the family but also know that its not above you. a cat as you say, thinks its god and then does what it wants and dont obey simple commands. a dog will if you know how to trane it.

look at it this way, would you let your kids walk all over the counter and tables when they wanted to? or would you let them touch you and things without washing there hands after going to the bathroom?

i think its nasty that a cat has to have a litter box and goes in there countless times a day, then walks all over the kitchen table whereyou eat.

if a cat could go outside to the bathroom then thats another story, but they dont.

also a big thing with dogs and is one of the number 1 things with training them, is if they have something and you try to take it and they bite, growl, or look at you funny, then that means they think they are above you and better then you and you should disaplin them for it so they know they arent.

im not a fan at all of people that beat there dogs but training them is a different story, do it the right way and for the right intensions and they will learn.
    As of 4-1-10 im back in the rc scene

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BROK3N
    thats not really a good thing to look at it this way but its true.
    but and animal IMO should be part of the family but also know that its not above you. a cat as you say, thinks its god and then does what it wants and dont obey simple commands. a dog will if you know how to trane it.

look at it this way, would you let your kids walk all over the counter and tables when they wanted to? or would you let them touch you and things without washing there hands after going to the bathroom?

i think its nasty that a cat has to have a litter box and goes in there countless times a day, then walks all over the kitchen table whereyou eat.

if a cat could go outside to the bathroom then thats another story, but they dont.

also a big thing with dogs and is one of the number 1 things with training them, is if they have something and you try to take it and they bite, growl, or look at you funny, then that means they think they are above you and better then you and you should disaplin them for it so they know they arent.

im not a fan at all of people that beat there dogs but training them is a different story, do it the right way and for the right intensions and they will learn.
    Um, dude - the quote is not original to me, and was made with a very strong "tongue-in-cheek" connotation. No pet is capable of the amount of intelligence required to think of themselves as "above" anyone.

As for training, my cats don't jump on the counter or table. And while we're on the subject, a dog licks it's "private" areas, then your face, so what's the difference?

As for being a part of the family - as far as myself, my wife and our two children are concerned, the cats complete our family very nicely.
    Censorship is wrong

RC Champion

Your logic is flawed. Cats to not automatically walk on tables. A well-behaved and disciplined (not punished, there's a large difference) cat will respect boundaries, just as a dog will.

Also, a person that practices normal hygiene will not allow a litter box to become so entrenched with urine and defecation that it becomes a health hazard. A cat does not want to step in its own waste any more than WE want it to step in it. It's clean when maintained properly.

Furthermore, what makes you think that the ground that an outside cat, or dog for that matter, eliminates on is clean enough to afterwords "walk across the dinner table?" That's a wild assumption. Outdoors is a pretty filthy place.

you should disaplin them for it so they know they arent.
    do it the right way and for the right intensions and they will learn.
    Are you serious? You clearly don't understand cats and dogs and the methods in which they learn. Neither one will benefit from corporal punishment. It is misdirected hostility and will not teach the animal anything -- it will reinforce the fact that the animal has justified reason to fear humans. Positive reinforcement and redirection is how you discipline an animal.

I'd hate to have four legs and live in your home.

RC Qualifier
    i live by a high speed state route. my dogs have all been killed by traffic within 5 years. ...I rescued a kitten 3 years ago and ever since we've had 4 cats at any given time.

One we call lucky because he was hit by a car and narrowly avoided being hit by the 2 vehicles following..so my dad just dragged him onto our yard to barrie him the following morning...But that following morning he was alive! He wasn't feeling so hot for some time but eventually fully recovered without any medical treatment. this kitten got bounced off the front of a car going at least 20 mph at impact!

Another actually did get ran over she has a visible flat spot on her. We all thought she would die but in a few weeks eventually did start walking around again. she even climbs up a car with car cover again..which is always the hang out place. and i thought my e revo was durable lol
    E REVO 3.3 t maxx wheels/tires 80a 2330kiv ezrun

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiowoodsrider
    i live by a high speed state route. my dogs have all been killed by traffic within 5 years. ...I rescued a kitten 3 years ago and ever since we've had 4 cats at any given time.

One we call lucky because he was hit by a car and narrowly avoided being hit by the 2 vehicles following..so my dad just dragged him onto our yard to barrie him the following morning...But that following morning he was alive! He wasn't feeling so hot for some time but eventually fully recovered without any medical treatment. this kitten got bounced off the front of a car going at least 20 mph at impact!

Another actually did get ran over she has a visible flat spot on her. We all thought she would die but in a few weeks eventually did start walking around again. she even climbs up a car with car cover again..which is always the hang out place. and i thought my e revo was durable lol
    You mean, they DO have nine lives
    We had a window open & no screen on the upper floor of our split level house, and our next door neighbor knocked on our door. We opened the door, and he was holding our cat out in front of him (arms fully extended) and asked "Is this your cat"? Dexter had jumped up into the open window to sniff the outside air, and apparently kept right on going! He was perfectly fine, and walked in the house like nothing had happened.
    Censorship is wrong

RC Champion
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!